free transfers to mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wildone, Aug 5, 2021.

1. wildone Elder

so when will we have a server merger or allow thornblade players to move to mischief for free,since its been so quiet on thornblade lately ?
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

If people are buying the transfer tokens why would they make them free? And according to the last CM the merger window is May-July so not for at least another 10 months for a merge.
  3. Machen New Member

Save your DBG cash for a few months and it's free...
  4. WokeCat Augur

I'm paying for the merge, I can't stand it anymore. I just logged onto Mischief and saw all kinds of people LFG and LFM for all level ranges. Everyone I know on Thornblade is looking at 30-40 hours of LFG for 3-4 hours of being able to play the game. Would rather drop the money and be able to pay the game I already paid to play rather than wait and hope that sometime within the next 10 months they go ahead and merge them. By that point most people will be looking towards the new server.
    Abundant likes this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Expect to be called on that little bit of hyperbole.
  6. WokeCat Augur

It's actually not hyperbole at all, but you could argue that it's taken out of context. I don't sit there for 30-40 hours.

I wake up at about 5AM EST, and I turn LFG on, knowing that no one on Thornblade will be playing the game until 5-8PM EST. Many times I've sat for 12+ hours, and then finally got a group, but at this point it's time for bed. Now you could argue that it's dumb to try and play the game except during prime-time hours, but not everyone is American, nor does everyone have the same work schedule. So yes, this week I have had many 12+ hour stints where I found no group, and it's not just me. I did the math on it this week and it's like 3 days of 12+ hours of LFG, and then I finally a group that lasted for 3 hours, so I did the math on it and it was like “okay so I just spent 40 hours LFG and 3 hours actually playing the game.”

I felt so much more relieved when my group today (same group 2nd day in a row because no one else is playing) told me that they spend 90% of the time LFG because it made me realize this isn't just because I'm playing the wrong class. This same problem is afflicting Healers, Tanks, CC-bots etc.

But also, you have to remember another real dilemma too, is like, okay, so it's prime-time, and people are finally starting to group up, but this is also during the same hours that my guild raids. What do I want more, to participate with my guild's raids, or to try and find a group so I can get to level 60? The actual window of opportunity to level your character on Thornblade is very narrow because the few hours that players are grouping up is also the same hours that guilds are raiding.

But it's no longer a relevant issue for me. I just transferred to Mischief and I'm on cloud 9. Items I have spent weeks looking to buy (look at how often a Gangrenous Beetle Mask is sold on Thornblade compared to Mischief) are readily available. There's groups every where, even during normal hours. I couldn't believe my eyes when I went to EC tunnel and saw hundreds of players.

All is well, but I wish I had made the switch sooner, and I urge others to do the same.
  7. Camniala New Member

Just one thing, im honestly surprised noone has mentioned this yet but... taking a passive approach to getting a group will ALWAYS be inferior to forming your own. Yes, you have to send a few tells.. and yes, you may be told no fairly often, but imo taking some responsibility beats sitting staring at the screen waiting for an invite hands down.

Also, as a solo player i love Thornblade lol, i can actually find a camp open once in awhile.
  8. Triconix Augur

I'm not sure what's more alarming. The fact that Thornblade population already hits lower populations than Aradune more often or someone actually sitting LFG for 30+ hours. Maybe find something else to do?
  9. Nolrog Augur

I don't think there are a lot of people on any server at that time. That's a hard time no matter where you are.

In your case, I would look to find a few others that play at that time and set up a regular group with them. I have also seen people have success when they go to the more popular zones and OOC they are LFG.

It's also more productive to send tells or even form up your own group instead of just sitting there hoping someone asks you to join.
  10. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Does that mean, the rogue-hating cleric main and his rogue-expert rogue alt are on Mischief now and in the tunnel?

This is my town!
    [IMG]
  11. WokeCat Augur

Believe it or not, Mischief has been really active all hours of the night and day and I'm loving it so far.

The only thing I wish I had knew beforehand was that a lot of items that have low or no value on Thornblade are super expensive on Mischief. I should have loaded up first.

https://www.araduneauctions.net/search/Mischief/djarn's
    https://www.araduneauctions.net/search/Thornblade/djarn's

That's just a small example.
  12. Loki4567 Lorekeeper

It's the end of Kunark slump. The sky isn't falling, people are just sick of Kunark and taking a breath before Velious. Even mischief empties out in the off hours compared to prime time or the weekends.

Also, start sending tells and build your friends list. Sitting passively LFG will get you nowhere fast. Build your own groups.
  13. WokeCat Augur

This was inaccurate BTW. I transferred from Thornblade to Mischief and got more experience in the first 12 hours of being on Mischief than I did in the previous 2 weeks on Thornblade.
  14. Gnothappening Augur

You said you played starting at 5AM EST. So you basically need the Chinese/Japanes/Aussie crowd to exp with. Nothing wrong with that but it is what it is.
  15. Zandermill Death by Snoochie

Dragon Food on Mischief is accepting people from Thorn! We welcome you
  16. WokeCat Augur

Your reading comprehension must be incredibly low to completely ignore the rest of the sentence where I specifically said I was online until about 8PM EST on average.

But yes, continue to try and convince me that Thornblade isn't dead, and hasn't been dead for literally months. I group with Thornblade refugees on a daily basis over on Mischief and it's a topic of frequent discussion, with Mischief natives who overhear the conversation feeling fortunate that they didn't make the mistake of playing there.

I've yet to have a problem finding a group on Mischief, even at 2-5AM.

Right now the only purpose Thornblade serves is for people to exploit the Bazaar by buying cheap products on Thornblade for re-sale purposes on Mischief.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

Not trying to convince you of anything. TBH I'm glad you are on mischief. In your own way you have given Thornblade a quality of life improvement.
  18. Zanarnar Augur

Or you know, people who PREFER the quiet server. The day they merge together is probably the day I move on to another server or quit again.

And yes, I played on Brekt too.. until they ruined it by merging it with FV, even though their rulesets didn't completely match up.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  19. WokeCat Augur

Not really, I was a Cleric main who spent most of their free time literally power leveling strangers since there wasn’t much else to do. People were very sad when I left.