Biggest Cheater on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Aug 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhythar Augur

Hypothetically, lying to customers for financial reasons would amount to criminal behavior, regardless of what one calls it (and our definitions of fraud are clearly different). I can see in the terms of service that they are essentially allowing themselves to get away with behavior like that, but that doesn't make it okay. And there can still be legal consequences for the company.
  2. Rhythar Augur

It would be unreasonable to assume that they could perfectly enforce the rules, but, as far as some promises go, they're not even trying.
  3. Machen New Member

What promise have they broken? Quote it exactly.

And it better be at least more clear and egregious than ship to ship combat in tbs. No one sued them over that either.
  4. Rhythar Augur

1. Absolutely No Automated/Unintended Game-play, any incident of automated gameplay is immediate suspension, second offence is ban including Aradune associated accounts.
    2. Boxing any more than 2 characters will result in the following actions taken against your account. First Offence: A written warning from the GM. Second Offence: A 7 day suspension of account privileges on all Aradune related accounts. Third Offence: Permanent ban on all Aradune associated accounts.
  5. Machen New Member

Both of those are against the rules. Players guilty of both of those are subject to punishment. They did not promise a server where either of those would not happen, only that it would be against the rules. It is. They kept their promise.
  6. Machen New Member

Just to follow up, they even made it clear exactly how they would enforce it, with a temporary gm in a trial situation that would last for six months and may or may not continue after that point. We're a bit past those six months, and guess where that temp GM is? Long gone. And surprise, surprise, enforcement of the 2 toon limit is way less aggressive these days. They were upfront about all this.
  7. Rhythar Augur

Seems like a nasty trick to me.
  8. Rhythar Augur

It's all deceptive and immoral. I'm still calling it criminal too, whether or not a judge would see it that way.
  9. Machen New Member

it's literally the opposite of deceptive when they announce up front, "Hey, we might not enforce this perfectly after six months..."

Deceptive would have been "We are hiring new GM's to enforce this!" and never mentioning the six month trial period.
  10. Rhythar Augur

They didn't say the rules would change after 6 months. I just expected less or no policing but still enforcement. And it's worth noting that Mischief and Thornblade have essentially the same "absolutely no automated/unattended game-play" rule. It seems to be a common rule across multiple servers, not a temporary thing.

If they were behaving ethically, they would enforce the rules or update the rules.
  11. Machen New Member

That's exactly what happened. The rules didn't change. They still haven't. There's just less policing.

And EVERY server has a rule against unattended gameplay. It's in the eula. It's not a temporary thing. Doesn't mean it's always equally enforced.
  12. urbanbo70 Elder

I was a fool to think that THIS server would honor Brad and stay clean. Great job DB! /Golfclap
  13. Febb Augur

You can believe in whatever you want, that doesn't mean what you believe is actual fact or set in law. Next time try to do a few google searches before coming here throwing around the word fraud. It just make you look ignorant and no one will take you serious.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you have so many problems with EQ and Daybreak why are you still playing and posting on the forums? Why not move onto a game that meets your expectations better?
  15. Rhythar Augur

Speak for yourself. I did my research.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

If its a slam dunk case of Fraud why not sue and get paid? I look forward to reading about your riches =)
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Look the rules as posted BY Darkpaw for EverQuest are what US/WE/YOU/ as players are asked to agree to when we all choose to play EverQuest.

If you believe you have any grounds to twist those rules around 180 degrees and use them to accuse Darkpaw of being criminals for not enforcing rules that they ask players to abide by you are absolutely out of your tree me old coconut.

That's why I memed that your mental gymnastics are out of this world.
  18. Rhythar Augur

I think there's a case to be made for fraud, but it's certainly not a slam dunk. I can't seem to even demonstrate fraud to my fellow players, and then there's the terms of service to contend with.
  19. Rhythar Augur

The company is making players think that certain rules will be enforced and then intentionally not enforcing them despite charging those players money. That's what fraud looks like. If you can't see it, I don't know how to make it more obvious.

As for how things would go down in a court of law, that's a different and more complicated matter.
  20. Rhythar Augur

I wanna play EQ with the rules enforced. It would be really great.
    Jumbur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.