Tears of alaris

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by NotRumzlug, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

No. No they do NOT drop off of grey. They do not drop off of green. They have the Trivial Loot Code applied to them. They absolutely cannot drop from anything that's not light blue or higher. At all. Ngreth confirmed it. It's in a thread on these forums. That's WHY the tablets got added to some of the tasks and missions in RoF.

And frankly, being able to hit a single location update, kill 10 mobs, and do a hail seems like it's faster than whatever it is you're doing in HoF.
    Coagagin likes this.
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

At higher levels the tear takes 20 tablets to evolve. If I got the tunnels to myself I bet a task takes me 5 mins tops. get a buddy in there with ya and use my 2 coth mages system and its even faster.
  3. Hora New Member

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet, but the tear is virtually worthless now in terms of the utility it provides. This is especially true in the raid game. Save your sanity.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

I dont see it as worthless. I just see it as another small upgrade that I add to what I have. They all add up. You also have to remember this is EVERquest and a boatload of people are completists. They must have best in slot and I could be mistaken but at this time isnt this it? I am in no way about to run out of things to do in game, but at the time this is giving me something to keep me busty. Level 18 atm only 2 more to go!
  5. Petalonyx Augur

Tear isn't worthless for tanks. And, with the recent addition of fragments to quest rewards, it is a lot higher on the cost-benefit list than it once was (took me less than 24 h of play time to max it from 0, but i have mage coth and druid port-to-bind to cut quest times down a lot).

I would not recommend anyone spend any time on it on live until 115, and fully geared/augged. I'd hit all the other clickies, evolving ear, epics, etc before hitting tear.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

It's super easy if you have two box porters, one bound at quest giver in alarian village, the other in underground city, blip-bloop back and forth.
  7. demi Augur

I thought the tear was only useful in VoA zones ? do you get the benefits in other expansions ?
  8. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ya, it works in any zone.
  9. Orbital101 Augur

For the early lvl 2-10 you can run the raid: Calling Phantasm and keep failing to get unlimited amount of Allaran. Sadly they do not drop tablets but it should still lvl up fairly fast if running around is not your thing.
  10. Coagagin Guild house cat

The heart of fear quest take 20-23 minutes because the first part is timed. Adding a couple of minutes for the bonus loot (Mad Believer/Rogue Harbinger) but still a good 15-20 minutes.
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Parse the difference between having a completed Tear and not having any Tear. The difference is so small it's basically unperceivable, even with larger sample sizes.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would take the aug that improves my character even slightly over the empty aug slot that does nothing for me.
    Coagagin, Flatchy, Bigstomp and 3 others like this.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

Devs should raise the cap on the defense mod from 10 max, to say 20 max. That will bring that content back to life big time.

10 points is between 1-3 character levels of skill, depending on class. Back in the day 10 skill points was roughly 1% better. At 115, it's much < 0.5%, so it's an easy ask. As mentioned by Josh in another thread, the tinkered Gnomework Survival Suit illusion mitigates %1 and so is more valuable.

I agree with others that Risk vs Reward is completely underwhelming for the tear. Yes I have had it for years.
    Coagagin likes this.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's not the right comparison.

Whatever other aug you'd use instead, that's what you would compare it to.
  15. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

That would be the right comparison for some of us. I have the Tears in my gear. I also have empty type 3 slots. So it's better than the empty slot that it would be without it.
    Velisaris_MS, Elyssanda and Nennius like this.
  16. Bigstomp Augur

Not every class needs a full gear set of type 3's so it can easily fit in a slot.
    Pure melee types for example only get so many discs.
    Winnowyl and Elyssanda like this.
  17. Svann2 The Magnificent

I wouldnt suggest that aug be made better, but its about time another aug was introduced that is better. Just like we went so long using miniature horn of unity but finally got the upgrade to unified phoenix feather.
    Winnowyl and Nennius like this.
  18. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Just have alarians in the next expansion, and add 20 more levels of evolution.
  19. Velisaris_MS Augur

And that could be the next big Shawl/Artisan's Prize/Earring tradeskill quest.

But instead of doing something creative, they spend their time giving us retexured versions of 20-year old zones.
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

Some people would B#tch if they were hung with a new rope. Please enlighten me on what is better to put in this slot right now. Id love to take this one that i finally just finished and start on some other one.

Somebody once said EQ is a game of very small improvements that all add up to something great.

Maybe to some this is almost like Greenmist. Is not worth much anymore but they just want to do it because its there.
    Coagagin likes this.