Biggest Cheater on Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhythar, Aug 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Accipiter Old Timer

By "our" I assume he meant "the server's".
  2. Rhythar Augur

Ahh, I thought he was running an experiment on the GMs, which gives me a lot of ideas.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
    Skuz and oldkracow like this.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The experiment is over they don't care. You can run whatever and the chances for a ban are slim hence why people do it.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

What if you started as a villain and rather enjoy it? Do you live forever if only the good die young? Why are Gnomes so dang tasty?
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

That math checks out, I think you just discovered immortality.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

I think you guys just discovered the answer to the OP's question as well.
  8. Magician9001 Augur

No shot you actually play on Rizlona, you're such a mean person. Only nice players play on Rizlona. You must be one of those Aradune people who is a poser.
  9. sadre Augur

I wouldn't assume that's a paying human.

"Basically every item (especially krono) is more costly than it should have been for everyone."

That's not Starbucks. That's an in-house bot farm.

Korean game companies do this ALL the time. You can prop up an entire economy just with a few "cheaters" that stubbornly refuse to be banned. Boy are those cheaters clever.
  10. Machen New Member

You could also "prop up an entire economy" just as well by having a GM create a trillion plat and deepwater inks and giving it to a bazaar toon. This theory doesn't pass the smell test.
  11. someshaman New Member

Why would anyone assume the guy has all accounts gold? That shows how ignorant some of these topics are. You can easily have 192 of your 342 toons be silver and still manage to kill one group content just fine. cmon people!
  12. RABKkehhalla Elder

Lol nice troll bro
  13. Zipe The Healer

You can't play with Silver accounts on TLP servers.
    There you have a double facepalm, you earned it.
    [IMG]
  14. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

o_O
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is happening on a TLP server which requires a subscription so we know for a fact that it is a paying human. It doesn't matter if they are paying for it themselves or paying for it by buying krono as in the end using a krono still results in money for Daybreak. Each and every krono in the game was purchased by someone and it doesn't matter who uses them as it is the same result financially to Daybreak either way.

And as a note I am not saying that this is all being done legitimately just making a note of how much income that many accounts being paid for in krono would bring in.
  17. Rhythar Augur

I don't think the company ends up with a net positive income from this, at least not in the long run.
    1. Subscribers are lost due false advertising and the presence of cheaters.
    2. It creates a lot of bad press, which reduces subscribers further.
    3. Server loads are increased disproportionately to the number of new accounts because of automation to avoid afk kicks.
    4. The company risks criminal investigation.

Also, I suspect that, in general, stopping a cheater does not result in all those subscriptions being lost. Most cheaters will continue to play with some adjustments, perhaps moving to server with different rules or just not cheating anymore on the same server. I bet this specific giant cheater would move to Mischief if he couldn't mass multibox on Aradune, though I don't know what he would do if he couldn't automate.
  18. Febb Augur

What is the crime?
  19. Rhythar Augur

20. Waring_McMarrin Augur

First off I never said how profitable it was to the company overall, I was just making a statement of how much income the supposed botter is bringing in and I really don't think it is as many as being claimed. This was in response to someone who calculated it based on paying for the subscription when it would like be done with krono which would bring in more money.

Secondly we have no way to determine how many people are quitting because of this and it is unlikely that the company does either. If they are able to see that and they saw it was costing them money don't you think they would be taking stronger action?

Thirdly I am not sure what bad press you would be talking about as I haven't seen much of anything regarding this on gaming websites.

Finally what are you talking about for criminal infestations? What could possibly be happening that would warrant one?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.