The Elephant in the room

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by demi, Jul 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nennius Curmudgeon

It is possible. Personally, I think it more likely that it just isn't a priority to fix, given the very limited resources available. I wish it would be improved. I am not holding my breath over it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

You give them way too much credit. Autofollow is buggy and they never fixed it.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Skuz like this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Verant put autofollow into the game before boxing was even a thing. It was a great feature, considering it was 1999 and everything was new. It just hasn't aged well.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Skuz like this.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Adjust your min and max fps settings on background instances and it will work a lot better overall.
    Velisaris_MS and Bigstomp like this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

People continually spread wrong information about Rizlona.

Cheating is not allowed on Rizlona and never has been.
    Automation/AFK play is not allowed on Rizlona and never has been.

The only difference in the rules for Rizlona from Aradune is that truebox is not enabled and you are allowed to play more than two characters total.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Pardon my being all technical and stuff, but cheating isn't actually allowed on any server. With that bit of pedanticism out of the way, how successful have they actually been in eliminating cheating on Rizlona? And how do they go about enforcing the rules on Rizlona?
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I was not implying cheating is allowed anywhere. I was replying to someone who was implying it is specifically allowed on Rizlona, which it is not.

I don't have the answers to your questions as I don't play on Rizlona. However, I would say that the existence of this thread suggests they have more capability to eliminate cheating / enforce the rules than people expected.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

Pardon my misunderstanding. If Rizlona has been successful in at least reducing the number of cheats I would be interested in knowing how.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I would expect it has had the opposite effect if for no other than than the perception, however incorrect, that cheating is allowed there.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Oops, sorry. Bad wording on my part. Obviously, cheating is not allowed on Rizlona. The use of certain programs is allowed on Rizlona.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

But you do understand that the programs we can't mention here are legal to use on Rizlona, right? You can't far taunt, warp, or play AFK but attended scripted play is allowed.
  12. niente Developer

Very serious.

No.

Yes, absolutely.
    Zieri, Thunderkiks, Stymie and 23 others like this.
  13. Rauven Augur

That's some good stuff there. Unfortunately I think the response from them and others is going to be:

"Too much work."
    "Can't be bothered."
    "That's Daybreak's job, not mine."

Meaning they want to complain more than they want to actually see the cheating dealt with. Makes you wonder if they want the cheating to stay so they have something to complain about.

I know you all are doing what you're supposed to. I just wish my fellow players would meet you halfway more of the time.
  14. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

[IMG]
    Jondalar, Skuz, Aldren and 3 others like this.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Nope. I S Boxer is allowed because it isn't scripting/automation and truebox rules aren't part of Rizlona, but automated play has never been allowed.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/aradune-rizlona-launch-date-may-27.265570/

Celephane and Jumbur like this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

17. Gauss New Member

I understand the position that you are in, but is there a reason you can’t just simply say “use of Ma crow Quest” is cheating and we will actively be working to ban anyone who uses it? I perfectly understand refusing to say “this third party software is okay” or get into minutiae on technical anti-cheat details. I understand there could be a third party program the company is fine with, that later alters how it works so you don’t want to give specific approval. But if the most popular “cheat” program is just unambiguously not allowed, why not just post that? Then the community that uses it will move on to something else. When Blizzard changed the scope of boxing rules in WoW just this last year they specifically said that keybind broadcasting programs are disallowed. There’s a lot of EQ players who strongly believe any use of Ma crow Quest is disallowed. There’s another big group who believes it is allowed based on parameters of use. There is a history of off forum communications with employees of the company that are conflicting and contradictory. If programs that attach to the eqgame process and read and edit memory values are disallowed, could you not just say that? It’s weird it’s been 16 years and the community isn’t given a straight forward answer like Blizzard recently gave WoW boxers for using broadcasting software.
  18. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I doubt M Q 2 is allowed on any server, and I would love to hear some dev input on this.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Gauss New Member

They could very easily post “it is not allowed anywhere” and would save themselves a lot of grief.
    Jumbur likes this.
  20. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Lol. If I don't get caught stealing candy from the convenience store does that mean it's allowed? If the owners are confronted about it and determine it's not economically viable to staff 4 full time security guards to prevent it, does that make them complicit?

The virulent and toxic core of the cheater community that profits explicitly off the use of their "products" has done well in convincing joe shmoe what they're doing is perfectly acceptable by roundly insulating itself in a serape of pure unadulterated , leaning on the acquiescence of choice EX-employees while wholly ignoring the remonstrances of others, and this is one of the biggest issues the game currently faces.

LoserQuest has seen a rapid surge in usage over the last several years, especially amongst the TLP community. Having played on many servers in many different settings concurrently I can say without a doubt that more and more people view their actions as perfectly acceptable based purely on the reassurance of others who increasingly use the programs and nothing else.

Automation is against the rules, on every server. Hopefully we're rounding a corner where enforcement is actually valued by the decision makers within the company
    Schadenfreude, kizant, Aldren and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.