Free Level 120 Heroic Character on EQ2 for All Access members.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Table New Member

Just left eq2 after an 18 month return. We came back here because why not. Eq1 is far superior.

Free 120 character? Who cares. You can create a 100 heroic and be 120 in a weekend. Plus your guild will make 350 in the meantime.

Yes, they have reached a billion hp. 2 billion! A trillion dps! It's just stupid.

P2W is very much the name of the game. If you choose a dps class you need p2w in order to attain the type of dps required by the highest level group content or get a raid spot. Less true for tanks and healers.

The population is sad. In all kinds of different ways.

The only saving grace is a solo player can progress their character through content if they want to. And there are daily/weekly solo missions that also help you attain the gear/etc required for group and raid content.

We played ffxiv for 4 years prior to returning to eq2. ffxiv is a wonderful game in all regards and we will go back at some point but it;s pretty hyped now.
  2. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

Grats EQ2 players.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What's the max level in EQ2 these days?

I've only ever got to level 20.
  4. Elskidor Augur

120. By all means, give the game a try if you haven't already. A free 120 is a good offer, but IMO, if you've never tried EQ2 I would wait until they launch a new progression server and give it a whirl.
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

I've been wandering about in the EQ1 world so long I don't even want to thing about days played.
    Other then the odd dive into Skyrim, I have no intention on getting hooked on some new flavor of
    crack.

And, it is cheap therapy to wander the woods and bop bears and pixies.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Benito like this.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

Did they close down the EQ2 forums?
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Don’t worry nobody is getting addicted to EQ2.
    Velisaris_MS and KarmaKitty like this.
  9. henry0918 Journeyman

yea ... right ...
    you know there's a reason people clinging on eq1 instead of that soulless piece of crap calling itself a sequel ?
    KarmaKitty likes this.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The promo is live. I received the Level 120 Heroic Character on my EQ1-linked All Access account.
  11. Elskidor Augur

Wouldn't you need to buy the Luclin expansion to get 120? Or is that free too.
  12. quakedragon Augur

I logged in EQ2 expecting to claim. There is no free 120 heroic, there is a try before you buy lvl 100 heroic.

EQ2 just like EQ is a HUUUGE timesink so thats why I logged in and was going to do the 120 heroic if that was what was advertised here, but in EQ2 that is not available.

Honestly, EQ, EQ2 are MASSSIVE timesinks, getting to end game really does take A LOT of time. Which I would not mind if the game had people leveling with you mid game beginning-midgame. But its EMPTY.

As much as I love EQ, they should start thinking about EQNext.
    The difference between EQ and WoW is that WoW has a playerbase, EQ everyone left is at the end game, which you wont be seeing them due to how long it takes to get there. At lvl 95 the group game starts to become prevalent but there is NO ONE to group with at 95.

GW2 is a timesink too, but that game is pretty much, EVERYONE is at end game. I mean in GW2 you can get to lvl 80 aka max level in 1 hour. There's plently of people everyone and super easy to go back to.

EQ, 28th expansion, lvl 120. Come back and play returning players. "Last I played, I was lvl 80...." Yeah at lvl 80 you wont be seeing any of that 28th expansion, 21-28 wont be seeing any of those expansions, probably wont even stick around long enough to get that far unless you have A LOT OF TIME TO WASTE.

I recommend EQ start looking at EQNext, Diablo is already looking at Diablo4, ESO is looking at Elder Scrolls 6. It's time EQ starts looking at EQNEXT, seriously.

I recommend EQ creates a catchup expansion rather than 115-120 expansion. There has not been a catchup expansion aka a TSS, solo your way to max level, since, TSS.
    How does TSS do that? Quests that give you the related gear, LARGE LEVEL GAP zones, aka 40 - 60. I recommend 28th expansion give zones lvl gaps such as 75 - 95 90 - 110, 105 - max level.

Lastly, I recommend RK2 spell vendors, grinding out those quests is a HUGE timesink, is it even worth it? Recommend something like a 1.5 prequest, perhaps an rk2 spell prequest/quest.
    Rather than doing 25 quests, HUGE TIMESINK, for every expansion, how about just 1 or 2? Sure that timesink was good back then, but lvl 85 people are trying to get to 115, lvl 90 people are trying to get to end game, lvl 95 people are trying to get to end game.
    It's not enjoyable to go into huge timesinks, DIE a few times because you didn't expect something, finish quest after a couple hours and guess what, you still have plenty more quests to do to just even get one of lvls the rk2 spells.

I feel like EQ today, its worst enemy is timesinks. Today's state of gamers is that they don't have time for timesinks, especially the ones where its dealing with levels. Maybe getting a special mount, is OK, but "it'll take a couple months to get to max level", nobody has time for that especially in a game with hardly any population beginning and mid game, and hardly anyone at end game that doesn't raid.

Just upset you made me download EQ2 for no reason, I was hoping to avoid the massive level timesink. Apparently there is no free heroic.
    Please make EQ 28th expansion a catchup expansion. No point in facebook ads 'come back returning players'. EQ TLP isn't the same as EQ used to be, and lvl 80 to 115 is NO JOKE. Returning player will come back, remember how long it takes to lvl, there's NO ONE around at lvl 80 to group with, they quit because massive timesink grind, no one to play with, and this game isn't going anywhere like other games. EQ is pretty much in maintenance mode, just staying alive, not doing anything really.

If Diablo4 is coming out, ES6 is coming out, EQNext should really be a strong consideration.
  13. Benito EQ player since 2001.

1. You need All Access.

2. The Level 120 Heroic Character is granted as a bauble in /claim. Refresh /claim and/or relog if it does not appear at first.

3. Petition for assistance if the above criteria is already met.
  14. demi Augur

you dont even play anymore ..
    the amount of Time you put into your post which by the way was a HUGE Timesink you could of been lvl 115 ..

he hasnt played sense lvl 80 .. so my guess is he doesn't have a All Access account because EQ and EQ2 are huge TIMESINKS..
    Captain Video likes this.
  15. quakedragon Augur

I do have a recurring membership, is there something more you need to be all access?
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Refresh your claim window.

If you still don’t see it, contact Customer Service or PM Accendo.

I can’t nor should I see your account information.
  17. quakedragon Augur

Do you know if it can be claimed anytime, or does it expire?
    I don't see any info saying it will expire, but I don't want to use it on some useless class lmao.

Wow you coming in hot. It's just my opinion of state of EQ. I don't mind timesinks, but leveling, and if the game is old.
    I mean if you playing on live server, you have 2 to 3 hours a day of playtime, that is going to take a LONG time to get to end game, even if you started at lvl 70 from returning to the game. My honest opinion is people quit due to it.

Makes no sense to make a new expansion 115-120, then all your ads target returning players who are pretty much 70s and 80s.
    They come back, realize they are too far behind, remember how the XP grind is very tough in this game, especially in 90s. Quit. My honest opinion is that is what is happening and they should make a TSS like expansion or maybe start looking at EQNEXT.

Difference between EQ and WoW is WoW has a massive playerbase. EQ is pretty much if you aint end game, why you even playing? Solo/molo at 90s is possible but slow and boring.

I checked the guild lobby, guilds board. Only 1 guild listed. LFG window, doesn't even get used even by end game players. Game aint dead, but its in maintenance mode. Bringing back returning players when all you do is make expansions for end game, isn't going to help them continue playing EQ.

EQ hasn't had a midgame, today it would be lvl 80 - 110. Expansion in a long time.
    I don't consider HA's mid game content, especially if it aint scaled properly at times.
    I'm talking TSS like, where a zone is DEISGNED for the midgame. Not a zone designed for 100s and scaled down, and on top of that its instances.

EQ needs a non-instanced mid game content. Haven't had that in a long time. Since TBS.
    TBS and maybe SoF did it right.
    Which is for TBS end game is 75. They have barren coast 50 - 70. SoF is 80 end game, they have DSH 70-80. It really started to be all end game expansions starting at SoF.
    TBS had some mid game in it, but the best is probably TSS, where it has it so you can literally SOLO to end game, 75.

btw, thats 2007. Since then, its been14 YEARS of nonstop end game only expansions. It's time for some mid game expansions, 80-110. No it doesn't have to be all mid game. TSS wasn't all lowend, mid game, it had end game.

If there aint a zone non-instanced that isn't end game lvls, it is not truely considered an expansion with mid game or lower content. We all know how broken scaling can be, and is in EQ. When I do Teeks HA's I don't even get excited and fight the nameds because there is good chance they OP, not scaled properly. I'm in my 90s, I die that's like killing something 20 times just to get that death xp back, its NO JOKE leveling, xp barely moves. A DB/white con and XP barely moving, smh. In a normal 90s expansion named drops in like under 2 minutes. In a scaled down HA, those nameds take like 5 minutes, feels like forever to kill in the 90s.

So don't be saying HA's are mid game content. I wont be seeing any other 90s because I'm in some instance. I want a zone where I can see if there is another 90s player playing. Thats true content for mid game, aka the zone IS FOR 80 -105, zone IS FOR 95 - 115. Not a can be scaled down when in instance. I don't see any other players this way, I don't see my fellow returning players.

This is a play with others game, not a play midgame stuck in instances that aren't even scaled properly, probably die like 3 times, even with 96% rez thats hefty xp lost.

Returning players remember the open world content, not instances, never see anyone else type game.
    Instances of zones actually for lvl 105 but scaled down for mid game isn't mid game content. Trust me that workaround isn't working. Look at the population.

I'm pretty much returned, played for 2 months, didn't even get CLOSE to end game. I aint planning on increasing my playtime hours. Theres like nobody to play with due to me NOT BEING end game. Also, starting to think that even AT END GAME, there wont be people to play with, unless you know them, because I never see decent activity in lfg window.

It's like this game turned into box, molo, even at the end game, probably not because they want too, but because there's no one else around.

Believe me, I don't want to play Ruins of Kunark with others. I want to play CURRENT (Live server, heck 95-end game is current to me) EQ with others, problem is GETTING TO current EQ and if anyone is actually around willing to play with others, not in a PL scene. Sure it was fun, back in 2006, and when I played for two months on Mangler (not ruins of kunark, just original EQ, wasn't worth coming back when it opened up) when that TLP came out. Realized its not the same, game changed a lot, vibes are different too.

So I feel like its a good time for EQNEXT. They can keep dishing out expansions for this game, but I feel like I'm taking off soon, never even got close to end game. I'd definitely be playing long time on a game I knew has something going for it and is somewhat popular/trending, up to date. EQNEXT is something I'd love to do as a returning player.

WoW has a reason for not making a WoWNEXT, they #1, EQ however, pretty much only diehards left, returning players don't have a good mid game to come back too, the storyline I feel is messed up too even though I haven't followed it, seems to be nostalgia after nostalgia (Velious nostalgia, Kunark nostalgia, etc.), how about EQNEXT? Guild WARS 2, that game that storyline makes sense, I enjoy following the story, but EQ its like since 2010 its nothing but nostalgia expansion after nostalgia, Kunark empires, Velious something, Rain of Fear, fear nostalgia. Kind of hints game is out of ideas, probably best for an EQNEXT.

Could have made a new EQ game with fear, kunark, velious, etc. nostalgia. I'm very sadden EQNEXT just went poof. Looked like it could have been like Fortnite with building aka Landmark. EQNEXT could have been one of the most popular games.

Theres no popular MMO that I know of where you can build in any open world zone. That's what I saw in EQNEXT landmark. Thats what you can do in Fortnite, shooter plus you build anywhere.
    Look at Rust, their servers always take an hour just so you can login and play. Build anywhere games are the future.

EQNEXT and landmark, very sad how the dev's gave up on it saying "no one will play this"
    meanwhile Rust and Fortnite. Look at them. "no one will play this" eh
    Please start/continue to work on EQNEXT. Feel like EQ is not going anywhere and returning player wise its been so long, since 2007 since they did anything for returning players aka the mid game. Game aint dying but its in survival mode, dish out another expansion really nothing special just a Rain of Knowledge, Fear/Kunark/Velious nostalgia nothing special. EQ aint going anywhere, no issues surviving, but as a returning player, I want to play a game going somewhere. EQ isn't a game where I come back to and enjoy right away, I come back, I'm level, I have many months of grinding before I can enjoy because no one else around lvl 70, if they are, theres no mid game for us to connect and take notice of each other. Which is what I'd like to see in this game, actual midgame content, an open world zone (open world is not scaled instance) designed for helping me to get to the end game.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'm fairly certain you can keep it in perpetuity (as long as the game is around) since it remains in the /claim window. (You can ask Accendo on the EQ2 forums).

I would test different classes with the trial characters before redeeming the bauble.
  19. quakedragon Augur

Nice, I think I'll use it and not risk it. Really cool how they do this and its end game endgame level. I'm thinking of doing it on PL class on another account.
    Really appreciate informing us about this. I played a little bit of EQ2 and I enjoyed it, but not a fan of choosing one over the other especially if they both pretty much feel the same. I know EQ2 is newer, but it still feels just like EQ. If they made an EQNEXT, I think it would be up to date. You know where you smack something, it gets smacked, not a "missed". Like Morrowind, spear something 100 times, "miss miss" "spear level increased to 6" whatcha mean i missed, I'm in his face smacking him, how did I miss? EQ and EQ2 are that old. btw all those games are good times.

Looking forward to trying the EQ2 lore someday. I think that's what got me really into it, the story/quests in EQ2 unlike EQ it really draws in you. There PvP is team based, well it was back in 2012. I'm not all about PvP, but its fun to work with others and compete at times. I think thats why I go back to GW2 so much, easy to play with others, solowise, and just jump back into game because of its horizontal design, lvl 80 that's it. There's a lot to do, even though I aint leveling.

Nothing beats an open world PvP though ESPECIALLY with teams, not instanced massive pvp (GW2 and ESO). Open world pvp is best, thats why I think WoW is doing good. Whole point of WoW, is open world PvP, its ALLIANCE vs HORDE, everyone knows that. Rust is similar too, but its FPS and not MMORPG. Rust is like a RPG FPS, but way too much pvp focus, salty players, trust NO ONE, and theres no quests really. EQNEXT would been that though.

With WoW, I haven't played but I'm assuming they just keep making alliance vs horde content, its going somewhere. But with EQ, its random content. Outta blue Rain of Fear? Why? Outta blue Velious 2.0? Why? Nostalgia. All that does is make me feel old, I don't want to feel old playing video games. EQ should try and go with some storyline, GW2 is doing really good at it, I'd like to see more MMORPG's go and continue with storyline rather than outta blue Rain of Fear, outta blue Empire of Kunark.

If you asked me Firona Vie, yeah I know. What she do? Don't know. Storylines? Don't know. So many random storys and random events. Even if I do something regarding her, I'm questioning this happen or no? This really Firona Vie or is it some alternate reality, going back into the past, going into the future.

Too much alternate realities in EQ, it makes story bad in my opinion. It's hard to continue with the story is what I mean, because it ends and outta nowhere all sudden we going back to the past. Outta nowhere into the future. Like this mob, who cares. All sudden random alternate reality its a big deal. Uhhh ok. Makes little sense but ok.

I'm not sure, but if I asked someone what is 28th expansion going to be about. It's really no clue.
    In other games where the stroy leads you to places. Probably this or that, usually it is what they guessed because its a good story, people getting those hints put out to them, people getting excited for continuation.
    Like SoD to UF to HoT? Who knew. SoD was just nostalgia lane. UF, idk, probably more nostalgia lane, HoT? I think HoT was nostalgia lane too. All these dreams. Nothing but dreams. Expansion 28th, dreaming of Odus.
  20. demi Augur