Free Level 120 Heroic Character on EQ2 for All Access members.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

EQ2 seems to be running a promo between August 10 and August 24 for a free Level 120 Heroic Character grant for All Access members.*

*All Access on EQ1 should give you All Access on EQ2.

Producer's Letter: Summer 2021 Edition | EverQuest 2 Forums (daybreakgames.com)

I know, I know. Some will say, "This is not the EQ2 forums." EQ1 and EQ2 are part of the same studio. This is free stuff (probably $35 value) and here to share.
    Vumad, Eviara, Marton and 3 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

We will see nothing over here. Nada. Zilch. Zero.

Not even this carrot will cause this "donkey" to go over to EQ2.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'm not sure if I understand.

EQ1 got the Othmir Fez Hat Package this year and a Heroic Character last year.

EQ2 can be an option for people who need a break from EQ1 (or bored of EQ1 or want to check EQ2). Daybreak/Darkpaw seems to be a more ethical company than another MMO company in turmoil as of late in terms of people looking to patronize.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

How does eq2 have a higher level cap than eq1? am i missing something? ive been playing since 2000 and eq2 came out when? They need to retire eq2 and put the money into eq1 which makes much more $$$

Andarriel
    Fenthen and Yinla like this.
  5. Elskidor Augur

They would have to erase the last decade of inflation, absurd systems, dull gameplay and start over from Sentinels Fate or Velious and redo it right, and get rid of the P2W for me to return to anything but a progression server in EQ2.The live severs are unrecognizable. Have they reached a billion HP yet? I feel nothing but depression logging into that game and everything Kander continues to destroy. Easy pass. They need a new dev team because whatever wreck that is I want no part of.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

EQ2 has its strengths. The graphics is an upgrade and several aspects of the game easily tops EQ1 (home decorating).

I also think EQ2 is fairly casual friendly. (You can run solo missions during a short-moderate session). If you want to be BiS raider, EQ2 is a chore. So I would agree with you on some of the criticism.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I used to like the EQ2 tradeskill system but they've messed around with it so much that it lost what made it so fun for me.

What I disliked about EQ2 was the "whack-a-mole-extreme-mode" combat that dilutes gameplay so thoroughly amongst its myriad abilities that everything you click feels lacking in impact - and the warning from EQ2 is that EQ is going down that same road and should put the gearbox in reverse before it suffers from the exact same issue more than it already does.

EQ2 is a victim of bloat to an even bigger degree than EQ1 is, kinda sad they managed to not see the wood for the trees on that score.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Don't need an upgrade. That's why EQ1 keeps on making the top money.

doubtful.

This is literally the only thing (IMO) that 2 has over 1. The home show community is top notch. And to think of how the devs complained about them asking so many questions and had so many issues at Fan Faire.:rolleyes:
    henry0918 likes this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

One aspect EQ2 blows EQ1 out of the water..... spell casting, detri vs. beni.

If I cast a detri on a group member, it goes to their target. If I cast a beni against a mob, it lands on their target. For classes with plenty of both spells, no stupid, constant target changes.

And, yes, I know, EQ has a couple situations which wouldn't like this approach. Too bad, I don't care, make it so! ;)

Then there's the whole buffs last forever, you join the group, you get the buff thing.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Hekaton Augur

has JChan even posted on the eq1 boards this year....i feel so neglected
    Fenthen and Stymie like this.
  11. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

FFXIV always has a free trial. And Level 60 restriction on F2P is terrible. You can play all of the way up to Level 115 on EQ1 and Level 120 on EQ2 on F2P (as long as you buy the expansion).
  13. demi Augur

True F2P is not buying the expansion and only playing on what they give you .. so you can only play up thru TBL and only to 110 .. which is still better than lvl 60
  14. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

FF14 objectively has a better FTP than EQ1 or EQ2. There’s no debate to be had between the two. Plus, FF14 has an active community across all level ranges and with item level scaling all raids regardless of level or gear can be enjoyed.

Now, that I think about I haven’t recommended or recruited anyone to play EQ1 in 20 years but in the last 3 weeks I’ve recruited 6 friends that each brought in a couple of additional people to FF14.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

That's your opinion. In my opinion FF14 has too much of an anime feel. It's great for people who like anime. Some people like Minecraft or Sims. I don't judge.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

I can respect that, but I posted my about another game here the same as you did. Plus, EQ2 is a dead game.
  17. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You are free to make your own thread about FF14. You can't go wrong on a free $35 Heroic Character (which are fairly rare promos for Daybreak).
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Free tickets to an empty party just isn’t worth it. EQ2 needs to be put to rest. Bring back EQOA.
  19. Hekaton Augur

eq2 is a dead game plz bring back a dead game. wat
    Winnowyl, henry0918, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

This year? How about the last 5 years?

Edit: Her last post here was 2020. Her most recent post prior to that was 2017.
    Fenthen and Stymie like this.