Bazaar selling

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by quakedragon, Jul 30, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

How do you guys sell at fair prices, but also avoid those resellers?

Like I'm going to sell something at fair price say 300plat, because its not hard to get just takes up space on traders so people dont usually sell.

But reseller sees and buys and resells for 3k.
    Talking about defiant gear.

I'm trying to sell to help returning players, but reseller sees and oh thats a lvl 40 BP you selling at 300plat? Looks like easy 2-4k from reselling at 4.5k.

I'm having tough time getting my gear sold to right people, the returning and newplayers. The bazaar resellers they in newplayers chat channel too because their trader is not high level.
  2. Conq Augur

You can't, really. You could actively sell in the /NewPlayers channel (any level character can join that channel) and/or /General. Then, I suppose, inspect your buyer before selling them the items you are wanting to supply them with, to make sure they're not the resellers themselves? Barring that, you've sold your disposable items for what you thought was a fair price, move on. That's my perspective anyway.
    Conq
  3. Alnitak Augur

My favorite way to "avoid" resellers is to stick it to them. Say, I am selling some item for 20K and some reseller buys it and reprices to 300K ? Well, I know where I got that item, I go back and get more of those (if I haven't yet) and then flood the marked with those items at 20K on all 3 bazaar sellers I have, over and over again. Eventually the reseller gets saturated and not happy they bought it in the first place.
    And going back to that lvl 40 defiant gear example: do YOU (quakedragon) really think that selling an armor piece to a lvl 40 newbie for 300 pp is NOT profiteering ? Its actual worth is how much a merchant would offer you, something under 12pp. Why did you try to profit 288pp of a lvl 40 noob ?
    That reseller, who bought it from you thinks that 2488pp is a reasonable way to profit off a noob or a twink, and you think that 288pp is reasonable. Same thing, just different numbers.
    Also about Defiant gear - many people do sell it to merchants. And if you have time and desire - you can run around checking merchants in PoK and other high-traffic areas and sometimes find useful pieces. That puts a high limit on what is "reasonable". Although servers are full of higher level toons who simply don't find merchant-scavenging enticing and are willing to pay extra few K pp to save time. Those resellers make their business off them, not poor noobs. Why would you want to stop that? Invisible hand of the Market should have the freedom to clean our pockets.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not much you can do really. I sell defiant dirt cheap (under or at 100 plat) and have no idea who buys it really cause I don't track them down. It could be the low guys or even the low guy's trader alt or it could be a trader for resell.

I just did a search on baz on Tunare and for level 30-40 defiant gear and most all of it is 50-200 plat range. There are one or two that are 500 but they stick out like a sore thumb. Are you on a TLP?

My traders, while low level, do not hang out in newplayerchat. But I sell offline so it would not matter. But the idea that resellers hang out in newplayerchat waiting to pounce on low level stuff for resell well - that sounds a little paranoid. Not to be mean, but resellers I think are doing more in the 50K and up resells.
  5. quakedragon Augur

The vendor sells it for 550p.
    But yes I'm making profit, but its fair price. Selling at merchant price, I should just sell to merchant then right? Selling under merchant, people will just buy and sell to merchant. I will lower my prices though, but not too low as in 12p.
    Problem is reseller buying my stuff though, even if I did sell for 30p, reseller would be very happy they can buy me out 16 times before they start taking losses.

Problem with this, is fair price is 50 - 300p, but reseller can get away with 5k, and they can afford to buy you out and make profit from just 1 of the items. The item is somewhat uncommon, ex. defiant legs and chest, so takes time, and I'm not trying to play a game against resellers, but I would like to help out the returning/newplayer community.

There traders are low level, so they see the chatter in chat channels unfortunately.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Who cares. You make what you do, and are happy. They make what they do and are happy.

Your not the arbiter of fair.
    Shanarias and CatsPaws like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Dythan pretty much says it all.

Once again I think you are focusing too much on these resellers camping the newplayer chat to get goodies. Kinda lame when they can obtain better items and many other ways much easier that sell much much higher for a bigger profit.

I mean have you actually checked to see if those traders are offline or ingame? If so then yeah, your too focused.

But another thing to look at is this:

If you sell that defiant gear to NPC vendor you will get 7-10 plat

However if you wanted to buy that same item from that NPC vendor he will charge you around 3K

Pretty close to what the resellers are doing.
  8. quakedragon Augur

The vendor sells it for 550p.
    Could argue the returning player can buy from vendor, but finding that vendor with the defiant on it is not easy.

So, when I setup trader, about an hour later the reseller comes by and buys it.
    Am I worried about it? No, I don't want to compete with them.
    But coming back after being offline and seeing their name every time, its kind of disheartening that they bought it rather than someone who could really use it.

Then the people that could really use it, get accustomed to, high pricing and bazaar not being an option for them.

This game has a returning player/newplayer problem, EQ does good job luring them back, but I feel the community, doesn't help them out unless they make a lot of noise. Which someone will PL them or give to them, but how many new players/returning players make a lot of noise? There's good people in this game no doubt, but all it takes is 1 person really out for profit to buy everything worth something (due to rarity, and its not something people go after) and resell it.

On the plus side, I think those resellers stick around in the game, so won't be time where it isn't there. It'll be there, but at a price a current player can afford, not a price a returning/newplayer can afford.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You can also equip with armor, spells, augs etc at every level thru questing in the game. You never need go to the baz
  10. quakedragon Augur

Of course, however, half the battle in this game is knowledge.

I'm guessing your referring to Hero's Journey? So, me being a somewhat new, somewhat returning player. Yes its great, didn't know about it till I was in my 70s and dang right I did the SoF and SoD path lines.

Get gear Hero's Journey, too tough? Get gear at TBM, too tough? Get gear at CotF too tough? Get gear in bazaar.

Again, knowledge is half this game, I didn't know about certain ways to get gear till later.
    I didn't know about CotF HA's and gear, until I read https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/5gyani/guide_to_leveling_on_live/
    Didn't know about TBM gear until someone showed me a 2 hour YouTube video.
    Could be even more stuff, that's good that I have no knowledge of.

Heck, whats new to me and maybe old news to current players, is that there's vendors that sells every vendor item in some tradeskill in PoK. No more going to 4 different vendors to get ready to do a combine. Why not a vendor in bazaar, sells every type of gear from certain levels that are in expansions. Like CotF has 80 gear, TBM has 80 gear. Any other expansion got 80 gear? Maybe Void E, 80 gear? How about a lvl 80 merchant lvl 75 85 90 95 100 105, etc. Merchant. Heck have them sell Hero's Journey too, basically have a link to achievements tab Hero's Journey, so they know "HEY do this achievement get this"

I bring up this topic on selling, because once the resellers know you sell stuff that is huge undercut to them and consistent, but in fairness its fair price to those in need. They know to buy your stuff so they can make profit. There's not many traders around so, not hard to know whose consistent and who sells what.

I mean I could play, and jack up price to 80% of what they sell at, so its riskier for them to buy and resell. But returning/newplayers wont want to buy stuff that breaks bank, it'll just be for current players who can afford.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There's your mistake. He >relists< it for 3k. He may or may not get 3k. You just actually got 300.

And even if he did sell it eventually for 3k, how many more did you loot and sell for 300 in that same time? There are several items I've been looking for in the Bazaar lately, and I see several listed for what I consider ridiculous prices. And they've been there, at that same silly price, for ages. Nobody will buy them. But the sellers are certainly free to list them at that price.

The bottom line is, sell for an amount you're happy with, and after that, forget it.
    Shanarias likes this.
  12. Sprooce Lorekeeper

As a returned player I'm constantly hunting for bargains and I see you fair-price-sellers out there, like the OP, you guys are very appreciated. *thumbs up*

It may not always work perfectly but it's working, keep it up and thank you.