Faster Way to Sell to Vendor?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Myric227, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Samatman Augur

I bought a Locket of Escape from a vendor recently. I'm sure whoever sold it made just that mistake.
  2. Orienn TreeHugger

They should just implement a "sell trash" button to sell all of the random vendor trash items or something along those lines, alot of other mmo's have that option.
  3. henry0918 Journeyman

yea right ! lets turn this game into another ESO / warcraft
  4. Stymie Pendragon

You do realize this was a 4.5 year old necro right?
  5. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, I started reading the comments thinking you do know there's a sell all in bag option now lol. After I realized how old of a necro post this was I'm guessing that wasn't in game yet.
    Stymie likes this.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thread's only 7 years old. That feature's been around a lot longer than that.
  7. henry0918 Journeyman

lol I really don't now , that's why I duckduckgo and try to see if this game really still stay true to 20 years ago selling one by one

I just return to the game after 18 years of absent , literally was just tapping to sell one by one on the vendor :eek:

and after reading you replies I still don't see a sell all button , I am at a enchanter spelll vendor In PoK
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There is no sell all button. Instead of clicking on the item in the bag window, you click on the bag icon itself in the inventory window. The merchant window will tell you the total you will get from selling everything sellable in that bag.
    Sokki likes this.
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

The merchants I use tell me what he will give if anything for each item in the bag. Does not give the total overall.
  10. Conq Augur

If you left click a bag full of items with the vendor window open, he will tell you the total sale price of everything sellable in that bag. If you click the "Sell" button after that, he buys everything in that bag (but not the bag) that's sellable. I advise making sure EVERYthing in that bag is something you want to sell to a vendor - getting anything back can be problematic.
    Conq
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think we are talking the same thing.

I left click on a 42 slot bag. Merchant NPC goes thru each line item telling me what he will give me or that he will not give me anything for that item.

He does not give me a total for all items in the bag

Pedantic I know.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I have determined what's causing the disconnect here.

And looking at it above, my post had the correct wording: "The merchant window will tell you the total you will get from selling everything sellable in that bag"

In this context doesn't mean "tell" like getting a tell, or implying chat text. Yes, per CatsPaws, the chat window is just one line per sellable item, sent from the merchant. But if you look at the merchant window itself, once you click on your bag in inventory, the merchant window will display the total you will get. I'm sure that total is the sum from the individual lines in chat from the merchant.
    Winnowyl likes this.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

I'm curious why you need or want to know that.
  14. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

To... to get a total without having to add each line manually or subtract your old total from your new one?
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Why even bother with having to sell. Lets just be able to have the item that shows up in the advanced loot selected as item or plat. Then every time that item would drop the mob gives you the xxx plat it would sell for at a trader.:)
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, I get that but why? Do you make a decision on whether that total is high enough. I'm still not seeing it. If it's just to see how much you made, there are already ways to do that.
  17. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I like to see how much I'm getting back. Especially for things like selling off stuff after I've been tradeskilling to see what kind of losses I took on that round. I also like to collect my drops to sell all at once, and I like to see how much I get for it.

However, I'd be interested in hearing these ways to tell, without having to do math, and without seeing it on the screen beforehand.
    Accipiter likes this.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Still trying to understand why the sell feature wasn't integrated into the Advanced Loot Window. Seems like a major missed opportunity.
  19. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I'm curious why you're curious, cause I'm just not seeing it.

:)

Seriously, doesn't seem like something worth the least bit of thought here. When you sell by single item, do you NOT want the merchant to say what he'll give you? Will you not sell an item depending on what he offers? It's the same arguments (and silly ones, tbh).
    CatsPaws likes this.
  20. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Vendor give BOTH totals for a bag, individualized sales, AND bag contents..
    I clicked 4th bag, as highlighted in yellow on right side of screen, Left side of screen is the line item totals, Center orange is where he shows bag content total.
    [IMG]
    Sokki, Winnowyl and Andarriel like this.