The Reason Why Some of us Are Frustrated with Daybreak Games

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Brontus, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Gnothappening Augur

2. minimind The Village Idiot

Obsolete... I don't think that word means what you think it means.

I've known very few Iksar necros. Maybe just one. And I've definitely known more Human and Drakkin monks than Iksar. Full disclosure, my monk is an Iksar because they're cool.
    code-zero and Skuz like this.
  3. Gnothappening Augur

Iksar necros did have a huge let up on every other race for a while, but now it isn't even an issue.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Stymie Pendragon

5. Rauven Augur

Here's a real reason to be frustrated with Daybreak.

Paying for a founders pack for Landmark and having nothing to show for it.
  6. minimind The Village Idiot

I considered the Founder's Pack the same as a Kickstarter-- risky with the possibility of some kind of product at some time... but still not guaranteed.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The way Landmark was handled I definitely consider a low-point for SoE/Daybreak, I was glad I didn't take that bet, I wanted EQ Next to succeed though despite not liking the art direction they went with at all.

Biggest disappointment to me though was Free Realms, how they couldn't get that game to make a profit with over 14 million users at one point I just don't know, even now there is really nothing that comes close to encapsulating what that game did.
    minimind likes this.
  8. Absor Developer

Hang on there! Are you saying I didn't start as a player first! Do I have to show you my beta discs!
    Sheesh.
    Raccoo, kizant, Stymie and 18 others like this.
  9. Marton Augur

Don't have this experience. I PM'd Prathun several times during my eq years and he always replied.

Aristo on the other hand ... :D
  10. Gnothappening Augur

OUT! Get out of the forums and back to your cell.

Who let the dev escape? Back to making new stuff.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  11. Catashe Augur

So it is true.. Absor been around since the beginning of time! Are you secretly The Nameless?!
    -----Cinexa----- and Nennius like this.
  12. Machen New Member

This reply is both awesome, and exactly why Absor shouldn't be the one spending his time interacting with players extensively on these forums. Of all the things to reply to...
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Absor has been "the lore guy" for a very long time but "The Nameless" along with most of the EQ pantheon of deities and some major EQ characters predate even Absor as they were conceived and described by Bill Trost as part of his original game lore.

Maybe the nameless has the ability to inhabit developers though....
  14. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

My bad, for some reason I thought you were the one that was around since beta as a dev. I do now recall the thing you posted to some blog or something talking about your beginning as a dev a few years in after having played. Ah well, point still being, anyone being honest and not a tool knows most of the people working on this game spend WAY too much time on it compared to what they are paid for, and its because they are highly invested in it.
  15. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

He used to enjoy trolling The Druid’s Grove.
  16. -----Cinexa----- Elder

The group is already in place and will be growing - it's always been around - quietly for the most part but it has always existed. You make good points about people need to be reasonable and present their case in the calmest, clearest way and offer suggestions for possible changes. They just don't need to be screamed from the highest peaks.
  17. Marton Augur

CRT program has been around for years.

People could apply again this year. Here is Dreamweaver's last post from May 11, 2021, before he left.

Karreck likes this.
  18. sadre Augur

Yeah, I really never get that kind of extreme comment either. Fuckups? Sure. Bad choices? I would imagine literally thousands. Times you got the bitchslap or got banned? yeah.

But contempt for players? What? Comments like that make me wonder if the think they are having dinner at Le Cirque. If this was Le Cirque, see, that would be true. That's the joke, see. If this was Le Cirque, this would be you know, wtf? But it isn't. That's the joke I'm making here, see.

Just trying to be clear. This thread needs more clarity.
    Stymie likes this.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

No. But you could send them to me and I'll show them off for you.
  20. Tanar Lorekeeper

Wasn't free realms a child's game?