Fixed Internally Rat Ears are gone

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by bobbin, Jul 22, 2021.

1. bobbin Elder

Rat ears are gone from vendors on FV server
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. klanderso Developer

This was intentional. See the patch notes here.

My apologies, it's early and apparently I can't read before my coffee. I'll ask one of our QA guys to take a look.
    menown likes this.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ok, this post set me off:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/rat-ears-are-gone.276580/

This is an INCREDIBLY tone deaf response from a dev. They clearly didn't read a damn thing the poster wrote.

According to the patch, rat ears will now not be sold unto TSS unlocks. The OP of that thread clearly states they are on FV, which has TSS unlocked.

For verification, I logged in and checked on Drinal. Rat ears are also gone from that Commonlands merchant as well. Clearly, the patch didn't just remove them from TLP servers, but live servers as well.

It's disheartening to see a dev like Klanderso just dismiss a clear bug like that.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. minimind The Village Idiot

The dev apologized corrected himself 11 minutes after he posted. It's a human error.

Also, this is a complaint, not a bug.
    Duder, Herf, Fanra and 2 others like this.
  5. kizant Augur

It'll be okay friend.
    menown likes this.
  6. klanderso Developer

Yup, I responded without properly reading, I'm only human. It's been confirmed by our QA team as a bug and we're tracking it internally.
    Duder, Fenthen, Skuz and 4 others like this.
  7. Conq Augur

While the devs sort this out and potentially fix this next patch or next, next patch... I just finished baking on another box, so I have some left over rat ears on Tunare! Only 4 left, but I'd gladly part with them for a krono a piece!
    Conq
    Herf likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Thank you.

Sorry to be harsh, but your comment was just the latest in a string of dev comments concerning various things that just ignore or brush off actual bugs. Apologies if it sounded personal, but it's just that your comment was the proverbial straw.
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Angahran Augur

So, noone reported this when the patch went to the test server before it went to the live servers ?
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's possible it didn't screw up when it hit the test server.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Angahran Augur

So merchants on the test server are different to merchants on the live servers ?
    Fenthen likes this.
  12. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Last time I looked the Test Server already had TSS unlocked, so maybe nobody on test was baking with them, which is very likely.
    Fenthen and minimind like this.
  13. Catashe Augur

I know it doesn't have anything to do with the bug but I just gotta ask... what in the world is anyone on the live server need rat ears for?! ;)
  14. kizant Augur

Nobody seems to catch anything on Test anymore. Although, I wouldn't expect anyone to notice rat ears on vendors. Such a useless thing.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. bobbin Elder

Journeyman Brewing Test
    Velisaris_MS and Fenthen like this.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

No. It's a bug. You might need re-education on "I don't like this change!" versus "unintended / not working as designed".
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  17. minimind The Village Idiot

This thread used to be two threads. The post to which I responded was a complaint about the Dev's response to the actual bug post. The Dev then merged the threads.
    menown likes this.
  18. Rondor Augur

Factioning is fun! Rat ears are useful for raising a lot of factions at once via NPC "Rephas" in Qeynos Hills, but this lowers Freeport Milita faction. You can then re-raise militia faction via the Inert Potion quest or other similar quests.

For someone who wants the two faction-titles from Prophecy of Ro expansion "of the Truthbringer" and "of the Freeport Militia" these quests are useful as part of the steps you may follow to get both factions up at the same time, as normally they oppose each other. Also doing some PoR-expansion quests can help raise both at once.

For the two title quests search for info about NPCs "Erling Elsai" and "Reidar Elsai" in West Freeport and North Ro, respectively.
  19. Mrtyu Developer

Yes, it was a bug from what our intent was in the July patch. Upon evaluating the bug, we decided that we should remove the item from all vendors.
    kizant likes this.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

Honestly, that sounds like you're removing them out of spite.
    Yinla and Fenthen like this.