Spreadsheet of Classic "Named" NPCs / Raid Mobs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bobbybick, May 2, 2021.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah I'm not sure how/why I put protector on there instead of guardian.
    Mithra likes this.
  2. Mithra Augur

Look at this nonsense in Velious:

[Sun Jun 20 17:03:44 2021] Von - a rare creature - regards you indifferently -- You could probably win this fight. (Lvl: 57)
    [Sun Jun 20 17:03:44 2021] This creature would take a large force to defeat!

[Sun Jun 20 17:03:54 2021] Cargalia - a rare creature - regards you indifferently -- You could probably win this fight. (Lvl: 57)
    [Sun Jun 20 17:03:54 2021] This creature would take a large force to defeat!

[Sun Jun 20 17:04:01 2021] Mraaka - a rare creature - scowls at you, ready to attack -- looks kind of dangerous. (Lvl: 66)
    [Sun Jun 20 17:04:01 2021] This creature would take an army to defeat!
    YourJobNotYourLife likes this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Updated for Velious:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...szDo3hAwJyghnP8Ybbrt19Cb0/edit#gid=1476468582

As always this sheet is not set in stone as it is partly a guessing game as to what will be and won't be randomized on these servers. I haven't finished the WW dragons because well... theres like 40 of them and 36 of them are basically group mobs without unique loot so I don't actually think they'll qualify for raid randomization but then again who knows.

The velious spreadsheet is also level color coded based around the random "bucket" pools that all share drop tables, the raids are almost certainly inaccurate as to what will share with what.
    Zanarnar, Boze and Yinla like this.
  4. Numiko Augur

seems like the loot spread is 5 levels. I've killed a ton of named in OS and have gotten lots of Chardok and other zones rare mob loot off them, but only drops from other named in the 50-54 range.
  5. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Same as often as you get Book of the Righteous and History of Greenmist etc. now, Iceclad maps will drop like rain in Velious. Plunder Eyepatch new standard clicky
  6. Demetri Augur

Besides L1-10 at least, yes. L1-10 is a larger spread, likely due to the lesser number of named.
  7. Risiko Augur

So, I'm guessing it is 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-60?
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ancient Cyclops today was dropping loot from level 36 - level 40 mobs, so it is possible the 0 and 5 mobs can be either.

Braided Cinch Cord
    Thick Baned Belt
    Mithril Brestplate
    Mortificator Staff
    Staff of Writhing
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah forr the most part I've found the buckets to be 11-15, 16-20, 21-25, 26-30, etc. etc. I did however get an AC ring off a level 33 which doesn't follow this pattern.

Curious to see how the level range buckets get adjusted (if they even do) when we start getting to expansions where almost all the named fall into the same 5-10 level spread, likewise for expacs like LDoN which have named that scale to the level of the instance.
    Stymie likes this.
  10. Arhok House of Embertune

The cyclops in South Ro is level 30ish. The one in Ocean of Tears is 40ish.
  11. MischiefTLP Augur

Incorrect, there are different named for each level range.
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Right, which doesnt follow the bucket range of 31-35.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

[IMG]
    Yeah, different named spawn in the lower "tiers" of LDoN missions but all named in each tier have a level variance based on the average level of the group requesting. Without spending even longer on this I'm not sure offhand if the tiers of LDoN named are in increments of 5 or 10 levels. If it's 5 then it already works for their current bucket system.

There isn't really a good data source for what all the lower level named in each theme drop in their respective tiers that I've found or even a complete list of the different named. If someone wants to assemble it that'd be awesome but considering the level ~65 bracket of named is already something like 100 mobs I can't imagine anyone wanting to go through the effort across multiple different tiers when you combine how rare some NPCs can end up being (looking at you Arena of Chance).
  14. Magician9001 Augur

Are you joking? think this one through bud. How does LDoN named loot work?
  15. Machen New Member

It's less than 5. 4 I think. There's a bucket of named at 61 (with a few 60's) and a bucket of named at 65 (with a few 64).

The loot is also specific to each theme, so I would think in the spirit of mischief they would want to spread it out a bit.
  16. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Was asked about Velious rare spawn list, figured I'd bring this thread back to the top.
  17. Lemerian Elder

Worth noting that the group buckets were a little different in SOV. It was 55-59 and then 60+. A very sensible change, fwiw.
  18. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Implicators in Dalnir shared all 3 dagger pieces. /shrug if any one is doing greenmist. Also shared loot table with “a failed crypt raider”
  19. Allworth Elder

Hi Bobbybick can you please add Shardwing in Rathe Mountains to the rare NPC list for EQ classic?

White waiting for Hasten to spawn, I've killed him twice and he dropped both of these items each time:

Onyx Drakescale Cloak
    Shardwing Arrow
  20. Captain Video Augur

Shardwing is not flagged as a rare creature, and does not drop randomized loot.