Which necro focus AAs to prioritize?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Bronk, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Bronk Elder

I am a level 115 necro who just now starting to be more than a box char.

I want to max out my AAs. I've got everything but Focus.

Can someone please tell me which Focus AAs I should get in order of priority?
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I know it sounds simplistic, but focus on the spells you use first.

If you aren't sure which spells you should be using, there are several threads recently in here that talk about necromancer spell rotations. You probably already know to discount spell rotation from before the latest revisions as some things have changed.
  3. Bronk Elder

Thanks!

I decided to go for Synergy, Pyre of Jorobb, and Impose for Blood, Scourge of Fates, Marmatt's Swift Lifedraw, Hastened Decay, and Improved Combust Bones for now.
  4. kizant Augur

Hopefully someone who knows better will respond but I don't think swift dots are used anymore. Instead of that maybe do the Grip/Decay lines so you can use the combination dot which is pretty efficient and good DPS. I'm assuming you have Wounds already or no?
  5. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Yeah, Swift dots when the way of the dodo and Wounds don't stack anymore from the same necro sadly.
  6. menown Augur

[IMG]
    *Priority top to bottom
    Gotpez, bobokatt and Szilent like this.
  7. Bronk Elder

So based on this, I started finishing up Grip of Jabaum.

When you say Wounds do you mean Mortiferous Wound and up?
  8. kizant Augur

Yeah. You can't stack multiple versions of wounds anymore so it's treated like any other spell.
  9. Silu Elder

I'd put ignite down by scourge for priority. The hp / mana conversion portion of the spell is just straight, unfocused damage, so it is worse on a dmg/tick than shadow and wretched. It is a very cheap DoT mana-wise, but generally both Ignite and Scourge lines are only used as swap ins on raids (unless undead).
  10. Vedarian Elder

Is it even worth learning any of these?
    Livinanus' Decay
    Mortiferous Wounds
  11. kizant Augur

12. DillyBar Augur

All of them.