Fixed Internally DoTs now show an extra line of text (negative heal)

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Bobbybick, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Angahran Augur

Don't get me started on the nonsense of seeing an NPC's response BEFORE a players trigger phrase!
    Rondor and Elyssanda like this.
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Aye. There really should be a PLAYER/GM say filter.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. Numiko Augur

Even Druid HP buffs with their small regen is getting spammed as a heal now.. o
  4. Kukaw Augur

I'm getting this as well
  5. Scila Augur

If the hotfix mentioned requires a zone to no longer work, one toon completely rebooted and relogged and is still seeing the problem. Is the hotfix live?
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

There was a hot fix?

All I see is "fixed internally" which it is not that I have seen
  7. Scila Augur

I saw it last night ...but ... today it's not there maybe they decided it didn't work and pulled it.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

ah you are right - this is it but not sure what they fixed. Have logged in and out and zoned around and nothing works. As far as only applying to new zones that are launched like in the last sentence? Well lobby will never be relaunched until next patch same with POK and other populated places.

Why not just do a server reset if its fixed ?

And 10 lines is still too many when you have 50 pets in the lobby each doing their own

Maybe they have a better fix coming

July 26, 2021

*** UI ***

- Corrected an issue where DoTs displayed negative healing, and heal over time messages displayed for regen spells. All NPCs should display heal over time messages now (in addition to pets). Adjusted the heal over time messaging amount to a minimum of 10, to avoid displaying chat messages for certain buffs that have a low HP heal amount.
    - - This fix currently only applies to new zones that are launched, any existing zones will still see the same behavior.

- The EverQuest Team
    Elyssanda and Scila like this.
  9. klanderso Developer

The hotfix only affects new zones. So static zones (like Plane of Knowledge) won't be fixed until the server is restarted. But if you launch a new instance (like a pick or a raid) you should see the fix.
    Elyssanda, Marton and kizant like this.
  10. Scila Augur

Thanks Klanda for the update.
  11. Angahran Augur

So parsing of heals is going to be inaccurate now ?
    How about reporting positive healing ?

And PLEASE fix the mess that the last few patches have made of filters!
    We should be able to have anything involving us (and/or our pets) separate from everyone else (and/or their pets).
  12. Ratalthor Developer

This should be fixed now. Is the issue still happening for anybody?
  13. Scila Augur

Still happening for me on CT - I filtered it to a hidden window to avoid the annoyance - still showing there.
  14. Scila Augur

Still happening on any existing zone - doesn't on my hall which was new as of this morning. Zoned from Wakening Lands - Pok - Lobby - all those still had the occurrence - GGH - nope
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, its still happening on Tunare also..Klanderso said a few posts above that it would not be fixed until next patch for static zones.
  16. Ratalthor Developer

This should be fixed for all zones in the next update.
    Thunderkiks and Skuz like this.