Anyone know what Furor is up to these days?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolani, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Strawberry Augur

Skip to 4:23 to see Blizzard and Furor their true demeanor towards women.

"sexy sexy cow business, yeah!"

Cringe overload.

[IMG]
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Furor named after Hitler never occurred to me until I read it here.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Fuhrer simply means leader or guide in German. I never understood why one person uses a common word to name themselves it suddenly turns into a evil one.
  4. Act of Valor The Newest Member

says the dude with the last name of Von Wolfenstein, lol
  5. Flatchy Court Jester

Its not really clever at all, Heck you can misspell any word and come up with a name.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Heh, I googled Wolfenstein. That made me laugh. There, fixed if for you.
  7. kizant Augur

Because it's most commonly associated with one individual among non German speaking people.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Yeah, tracking. Sad thing is in these days it pretty easy to find out what it is.
    Korbie likes this.
  9. kizant Augur

You're making the bigger assumption here.
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I don't know the guy, never played on a server he was on, and I won't defend any of the things of which he is being accused. But are you REALLY telling us that you have read his mind, and that he deliberately chose a legitimate word in the English language that is a homophone of a word in another language? Because unless he is on record saying that is why he chose the name Furor, you are telling us you are in fact psychic.
    Korbie likes this.
  11. Szilent Augur

Or you can correctly spell an actual English word, one with a meaning thematically appropriate to a warrior character, and name your character that. Like naming a warrior Furor. It's not misspelled. It's a word, in English, with its own whole meaning. Everyone here claiming it is a misspelled reference to a foreign word with bad associations is much less clever than they imagine since they don't even know their own language.

I'm'a repeat myself here: The fella has plenty of real scummery going on, there's no need to fish for tenuous coincidence to condemn that.
    Black, Korbie, Niskin and 3 others like this.
  12. Aegir Augur

Damn....

As when I thought the Diablo Mobile Phone Game Q&A was cringy, you show me this...
    Skuz likes this.
  13. RABKkehhalla Elder

fu·ror
    /ˈfyo͝oˌrôr/
    noun
    an outbreak of public anger or excitement.
  14. RABKkehhalla Elder

He's finally living up to his name
  15. Tucoh Augur

I remember many years ago when Furor commissioned a drawing of his EQ character with a furor like background. Storms and stuff. Was like, planes of power or luclin era.
  16. Elskidor Augur

Between this latest news and that Blitzchung controversy Blizzard isn't looking so hot.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Flatchy Court Jester

That is kind of what I thought, I never even thought of Fuhrer and my family is about as German as you get. I thought of Fury. Guy sounds like a piece of work though.

I vote no on the sexy cows though, I gotta draw a line somewhere.
  18. Strawberry Augur

This is so bad, good lord. There's enough evidence to put Furor and several current Blizzard and Riot Games employees behind bars at this point.

What is going on at gaming companies, these stories are insane.

edit: Oh jeesh, I just noticed that Blizzard's main developers named their chat sessions after known rapi**** (see top picture) while talking about gathering "hot chixx".

19. Risiko Augur

And, now we know why World of Warcraft went from being a halfway decent MMORPG at release to becoming a steaming pile of crap by the first expansion that in turn caught on fire and rolled down hill gaining speed with every additional expansion... they were too busy doing things other than trying to make a great game.
  20. Strawberry Augur

Furor is currently trying to delete all his social media data.

Current main developer at Riot games, Greg Street is also part of this group of abusers.

edit: Current main developer of Diablo IV is also part of this group of abusers.

edit: Jesse McCree, current main developer on Overwatch is also involved.

edit: Current senior developer on WoW, Jonathan LeCraft, is also involved.

Several of those involved have made their Twitter accounts private since that Kotaku article surfaced a few hours ago, they're clearly trying to scrub evidence.

I'm pretty sure the FBI will soon bust the doors down of several gaming companies.

[IMG]

You can't make this story up, Overwatch named one of their characters after one of the abusers at Blizzard, Jesse McCree, the current lead designer of Diablo IV.

[IMG]
    [IMG]