EQ on AMD GPU (laptop)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I don't know how to configure Radeon Software program to make the laptop GPU turn on for EQ.
  2. Metanis Bad Company

In Windows 10 use the search box on the bottom left of the taskbar and type in Graphics Settings. Then under "Graphics performance preference" set Desktop App and use the browse button to find both launchpad.exe and eqgame.exe in your main Everquest folder and set them for High Performance. While you're in there set your default web browser and any other application you desire to the same mode.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Thanks Metanis!
    Metanis likes this.
  4. Zigie Journeyman

I've seen a lot of laptops that will only use the internal video card on chip for most tasks and will only swap over to the discrete video card when it is demanding of it.

If the task (EQ) doesn't require more horsepower than the on chip video can provide then the discrete never kicks in. Made me return a laptop I spent a bit of money on as the video card in it was never utilized from playing EQ and a total waste being in there. Got lesser model, no discrete video, ran faster than the other one for less money.
    Metanis likes this.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!