GM Response required - Time refund due to server outage

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Burysup, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Burysup New Member

Due to the 24 hour downtime that occurred on 7/21, all players should have 1 day added to their current subscription time. It is not acceptable to do 24 hour downtimes for minor patches just because Daybreak does not want to authorize overtime for people to stay late - so they make the decision to leave it down overnight instead. It is completely unacceptable and bad corporate policy. I've worked for corporations before and I realize this was a business decision to cut costs by just leaving the servers down overnight and having the morning crew bring it back up in the morning at the expense of the players. Do the right thing and reimburse all players 1 day of playing time for this unheard of downtime. We are not paying to stare at the login screen, we are paying to play the game. Thank you.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

And you know that no work was done overnight? If so, please share your source. Enquiring minds want to know. And it is not an "unheard of downtime". (Hint: This was not the first downtime of this sort. Honest.) In fact it was much shorter than announced and it appears not quite long enough to catch every bug. In any case, it's time for a...

[IMG]
  3. Burysup New Member

Wrong, Nennius. We are paying customers, and we were not given what we were paid for, so we should get compensation. End of story. Sounds like you have provided a:

[IMG]
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Please read the TOS at the bottom of this page in yellow. Go to 22

TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES ARE AT YOUR SOLE RISK.

DAYBREAK MAKES NO WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE DAYBREAK GAMES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THAT ACCESS TO ANY OF THEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, CONTINUOUS, VIRUS-FREE, ERROR FREE, RELIABLE, SECURE AND/OR COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PARTICULAR HARDWARE AND/OR SOFTWARE. DAYBREAK HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OBLIGATIONS TO FURNISH ANY MAINTENANCE AND/OR SUPPORT SERVICES WITH RESPECT TO THE DAYBREAK GAMES.
    minimind likes this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

LoL I noticed you failed to answer the questions posed. Are you unwilling, or incapable of answering them?

To clarify:
    1. You stated that, "Daybreak does not want to authorize overtime for people to stay late". Provide proof of that.

2. "they make the decision to leave it down overnight instead". Proof please.

3. "24 hour downtimes for minor patches". Merging servers is not a trivial thing. So, fail there.

4. "unheard of downtime". Big Ooops there for you. Not only not unheard of but really very reasonable given the time and effort needed to merge servers. Hint: there have been longer downtimes and in any case the patch ended earlier than planned. Thank you DPG!!

You can want compensation. You can even believe that you are somehow owed compensation. The likelihood of you getting compensation for this brief interruption in gameplay is about the same as me winning a beauty contest. In other words, almost nonexistent.

Last of all, if you are going to complain, and don’t we all from time to time, you would be better served by using rational evidence to back up your complaint. The EULA is quite clear that they make no guarantee of constant uptime. BTW, I also pay for my accounts. Have since October of 2000. Plan to keep doing so.

P.S. Given some reported bugs, I think the patch should have been longer.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

^This should have been all you said.:rolleyes:
    minimind, Stymie and Nennius like this.
  7. Madeni Elder

Servers have been up for hours now, make sure to thank DB for bringing the servers up, before the estimated time.
  8. Elskidor Augur

This was more like a normal horrendous patch day downtime. It's been down longer in regular patches than this was.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Games have down times.
    minimind and Skuz like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It wasn't down for 24 hours, max it was down was 12 though I think it was more like 10 (not sure exactly when it came back up, I was sleeping)

And this wasn't a minor patch it was a server merge with the monthly patch added in so we didn't have a 2nd downtime this month. :)
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Skuz like this.
  11. Angahran Augur

Read the terms and conditions.

There is nothing promising 24/7/365 availability so demanding 'compensation' for downtime is ridiculous.
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Skuz and Khat_Nip like this.