Lord Nagafen and Lady Vox level 52 or lower requirement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Atomos, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Triconix Augur

Here's a thought: Maybe Vox is up because nobody gives a f**k about the few items extra a week it will add to the schmorgesborg that is a free trade server?

You going to complain when OW insanity crawler is up as well when people are raiding potime?
    Duder likes this.
  2. Atomos Augur

Actually, I was camping a Guise of the Deceiver at the King camp on my Necromancer (which doesn't have track incase you didn't know), which is my only character, to add to my clicky collection. Unfortunately it did take several days to get, and every day when I typed /tar Lady, she was there. She's targetable from the camp. When I did finally get one, the rare dropped two at once. :)

Several days later when my guild went to kill her in the DZ, I checked her in the OW and she was still up.

I'm sure if I went there right now, she'd still be up.

Because bad design is bad, as is your reasoning for wanting to keep it (as it is selfish too, as it's only benefitting yourself, you should try having a bit more compassion for the overall playerbase).
  3. Atomos Augur

The respawn timer is too long as well, it should definitely not be longer than 3 days, but probably more like ~1.5, something that keeps it moving into different times of day each time. None of that variance crap either.

How's insanity crawler relevant? Does being higher than a certain level prevent you from killing it? Do you need to level an entirely separate character to kill it? No? Then why'd you even bring it up?
  4. Machen New Member

"that variance crap" is what keeps it moving into different times of day each time. If there isn't a batphone guild on the server, a 1.5 day spawn would be perfect for euros and the US players would never see it again.
  5. Atomos Augur

Variance isn't needed to keep a mob's time changing. I also said ~1.5 because it shouldn't be exactly 1.5, that's too even. But even with an even 1.5 I'm not getting how that's supposed to cause it to never be available for US players? Maybe perhaps you're under the impression non-batphone guilds wouldn't kill OW targets?
  6. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Except it is getting killed, dozens and dozens of times each week, just in an instance. Why do you care if it's 100 kills in a week or 101?
  7. Triconix Augur

If the loot she dropped was desirable enough that some guild felt they needed to kill her, she would be getting killed. Clearly not the case. This entire thread is pointless.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Atomos Augur

It's being killed 0 times a week competitively, not 100.

Except the amount of people willing to level an entire character just to kill 2 mobs is non-existent, and shouldn't be a thing that can even happen.
  9. Triconix Augur

These are EQ players we are speaking about. Specifically TLP players. Many of which would sell their own mother for krono. If Vox was any bit desirable it would be killed. Mischief has enough loot to equip alts of alts. Nobody needs that trash anymore.

Competition? Lol bro. This is Vox we are talking about. Congrats on being the 2194972867th guild to kill her in OW.
  10. Atomos Augur

She can drop 2 CoFs at a time on Mischief, which are 5-6KR a piece on there. That's 10-12Kr for what someone could low man box.

I did not see Naggy myself, since again I'm a Necromancer with no tracking and I don't cheat, but I've heard many times about Naggy just sitting there up as well, so it sounds like no one is killing him either.

It doesn't matter how many times the mob has been killed, OW is there for people who still want to compete at least on occasion, though a mass majority of the playerbase doesn't want to.
  11. Triconix Augur

Dozens of COF for sale. Seems people can't give them away at the prices they are being sold. Looks like a bunch of junk to me and thr juice isn't worth the squeeze considering the sheer amount of targets that can drop COF and the amount of times those are killed in DZs each week. I dont think 1 extra Vox kill is going to matter in the slightest
  12. Atomos Augur

Um, the auction site disagrees, but OK.
  13. Triconix Augur

I'm staring at it. Tons of em for sale. Also your keen observation skills seem to be failing you. If Vox was worth it she would be killed. Period.
  14. Atomos Augur

Then you'd see only 2 have been listed in the last 12 hours, and only 2 were listed yesterday. 7/22: 7, 7/21: 4, 7/20: 4. Not what I'd call tons, and if people haven't listed their auction in a while and not lowered the price (the site will only show duplicates if the price was changed), then it's likely that the item was sold.

I love how you go from "people on TLP will sell their mother for a krono" to "it's not worth it" within mere moments though, pretty much says all anyone needs to know about you.
  15. TheStugots Augur

Such an odd hill to die on.
    Stymie likes this.
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Your selfishness is pointless. Saying "they shouldn't change it because I wasted time twinking a character so I can kill it" is pretty sad. Its a irrelevant non-argument.
  17. Triconix Augur

Nothing to do with selfishness. Everything to do with removing options and different activities to do in game. If you can't understand that, don't reply.

When you have massive gdkp guilds and OW targets remain up, it tells you everything you need on the general appeal and worth of those targets for a lot of raiding population. However, keep protecting. I enjoy it. I dont understand why you continue with this stand. If there was enough like minded individuals that felt Vox should be killed IT WOULD BE regardless of the roadblocks in place.
  18. Atomos Augur

How often would Lady Vox be standing there for weeks if the level requirement was gone? Never. It's almost like people think killing Lady Vox is worth it but not worth leveling a whole character for a whopping 2 mobs in the whole game. Who knew!
  19. Triconix Augur

You have zero evidence to support your hypothesis. You have decades of raiding histories to show you end game players go to extreme lengths to do anything even remotely viable to show the contrary to your hypothesis. I award you zero points.

It's easier on Mischief than on any server to make a few groups of alts, grind them to 52, and kill Naggy/Vox. If they aren't doing it, I'm not sure what other evidence you need that the general mindset is those two dragons really aren't worth their time.
  20. Atomos Augur

Sure, people on P99 had alts for Naggy/Vox, because Classic actually lasts a long time there. I'm sure it also happened on the pre-Phinigel progression servers, I didn't play on them but I'm willing to gamble they didn't unlock after 3 months like modern TLP, much less having DZs. People have been asking for an even shorter Classic duration, and now we've got Mischief with 1 month of Classic. All Classic raids stay relevant throughout Kunark of course, but after Velious launches I definitely don't think there's a reason to mess with Naggy/Vox anymore. The shorter the expansion cycle, the less staying power items have, so things like week long respawns on gods/dragons/etc. and day long epic mob respawns and long PH camps become more and more pointless and too limiting. Staying power or not, though, those concepts should be adjusted. OW competition used to be the name of the game. I'm thankful it's not anymore, but I don't think it should be completely removed for those who still want to do it. Not to mention how silly it is for OW respawn timers to be the same as DZ timers, OW timers should be a lot lower.

You think Naggy/Vox aren't worth doing, but are against trying to make them moreso. Where's the logic in that?