Anyone know what Furor is up to these days?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolani, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Kolani Augur

*whistles innocently*
    Aneia and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Aegir Augur

Didn't he get hired by Blizzard for WoW along with Tigole? It's a lot of years gone, but I think that brought and end to both of those two players time in Norrath.

Dunno if they are still working there..
  3. Strawberry Augur

Wait, the giant scandal where California is suing Blizzard for widespread harassment of employees, where some guy's name keeps popping up...was the guild leader of FoH?

wow, maybe it's time they shut down a site dedicated to someone who will be testifying about how many women he abused.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Yinla and Kolani like this.
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

They’re both gone, Tigole this year and Furor last year. Tigole was given a warm send off as the Director of Overwatch, but Furor was very quietly pushed out the door as WoW’s Senior Creative Director.

Furor was named in a lawsuit against Activision-Blizzard brought by the State of California for workplace harassment. Furor was mentioned for sexual harassment as an example with the rest of the Blizzard executive team named as enablers. His office was named the “Cosby Office.”

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/22/1019...uit-unequal-pay-sexual-harassment-video-games
    Bardy McFly, minimind, Skuz and 3 others like this.
  5. Kolani Augur

Yeeeeep.
  6. Tucoh Augur

I stand with Furor. Alex did nothing wrong.
  7. The real Sandaormo Augur

Isn't that the guy that said EQ would die without him when he left? How'd that go?
  8. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Furor who?
  9. Kolani Augur

How it's going
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Wait wait wait.. a egotistical self centered guild leader.. gets hired.to a gaming companies team.. and this comes out yrs later. And people actually believe he is innocent of any and all charges ?

The same guy who held eq hostage to guild demands..

The same guy who stated many times prior to his guild leaving.. that eq would fall apart??

Some times.. when it quacks like a duck walks like a duck .. its a duck fellas..
  11. Strawberry Augur

I am shocked that a guy who named himself after Hitler would harass women.

Blizzard: "Who is the most rotten person in this game called Everquest?*

*everyone on the server points at Furor*

Blizzard: "Yeah, we'll take that guy. Furor you say? nice name"
  12. Khat_Nip Meow

Why people keep perpetuating the two words as equal is beyond me.

Furor != führer.

Is it because they sound similar or are people just not educated?
  13. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You're not serious are you? People pick names that sound similar to what they want pronounced. The guy was psycho in EQ. Just look at the FoH boards.

One of my characters is named Alainel, because it's funny without being obviously crude.
  14. Szilent Augur

Your character's name is not some other, actual English word with a meaning thematically appropriate to its class. The fella has plenty of real scummery going on, there's no need to fish for tenuous coincidence to condemn that.
    Bardy McFly, Raptorjesus5 and Skuz like this.
  15. Khat_Nip Meow

My point was people see that word (especially lately) and freak out equating it with that fool with the goofball moustache when one has nothing to do with the other.
    I certainly know Furor was a psycho and a narcissist way back when FoH was EQ's 'top dog' because I had a brief interaction with him on his boards at the time and he banned me.
    The hilarious thing about the ban was the whole debacle was entirely his fault, but that's a story for another day.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

It is a real actual English word...well two words. Just sound it out, and say it 3 times fast...
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

The point is the dude knew what that name sounded like and chose it on purpose. He's a clever enough dude to understand that stuff.
  18. Khat_Nip Meow

Clever enough to throw a sweet gig down the toilet and potentially face repercussions for his clever actions.
    My hero.
    Flatchy likes this.
  19. Aneia Master

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

And yes, I still enjoyed reading LoS and FoH guild updates.
  20. Strawberry Augur

"Furor" knew exactly what his name sounded like.

Blizzard attracted a culture of macho men that made the company rotten to its core. A company that has always been just as ruthless as Activision, but one that is far more morally corrupt.

They would need to remove half the people at the top to clean it up.