Test Server should have FV loot rules

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RandomUserEleven, Jul 21, 2021.

1. RandomUserEleven New Member

In a server designed for testing, where you can copy any live character at any time. I cannot see a reason why not. I imagine it would be easy to implement as well since the rules are already fleshed out and you just copy/paste it onto the test server.
    Barraind likes this.
  2. Pops Racer Olde Faht

Test Server should have whichever Loot Rules DPG needs to test at that time.
    Angahran, Duder, Rauven and 3 others like this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There are many issues with this including the fact that they have already made changes to the test copy feature to prevent the servers economy from being totally destroyed by people making copies. One quick problem I see is that there are only 3 servers with a free trade system and most are not. What that means if something is flagged incorrectly it will be harder for players/testers to spot on the server if it had fv rules.
    Celephane, Duder, Yinla and 2 others like this.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I've asked numerous times for free trade on Test. Anyone worried about the Test economy is mistaking it for a normal server. We have no economy. Things are routinely given away in General chat and what is sold is usually sold for 1cp to 1pp in the Bazaar.

It would be a QOL improvement for Test players but DPG has refused to implement it for years with illogical reasoning. The important things that generate money for Daybreak like kronos can't be copied and Test has a very limited in game use for them anyway.

But this will be ignored by DPG and probably get negative responses from the ForumQuesters.
    Barraind likes this.
  5. Shanarias Augur

I have been on Test for only two years, but it is a fact that there is no economy. You can say I need _________ in General Chat, and you will immediately be "parcel bombed", particularly when it comes to plat and Weight Reduction Bags, Sacks, Chests, etc. We basically take pretty good care of each other. It isn't broke, and it requires no repairs to the "Economy".

Mongenn
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Zarzac Augur

I like the idea.
  7. Cannikin Augur

Test server is for testing patches before they go to Live, and is updated to the Live patch some time after patch day, therefore it should have as close to Live rules as possible/practical.
    Duder, Velisaris_MS and Skuz like this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There is only 1 Free Trade Live server & a whole bunch of regular trade rules Live servers.

DPG may at some future point decide a Free-Trade Test Server needs to be added alongside the existing Test Server, but that will depend on a whole bunch of things.

Unless it is easy to switch free trade on & off - which I do not think it is, then changing the existing Test Server to Free Trade makes very little sense at all. this would make testing of the patches as they relate to the majority of live servers much more complicated than it needs to be and allow potential problems to slip onto the majority of Live servers at a higher rate.
  9. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Not really. Quest turn ins work the same on FV as they do on other servers and no raiding gets tested on Test as far as modern stuff goes. They may do stuff without telling the actual Test players but if they do it's behind the scenes.

But it doesn't matter because they aren't going to change things and they certainly aren't going to add a separate Test server.
  10. Rauven Augur

That actually makes sense.
    Angahran likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I know at least one Phinigel TLP guild Test-Server-Raided, all the way up to ToV.
    Multiple TLP guilds Test-Server-Raided earlier stuff than that.
  12. Angahran Augur

No, the test server should be able to have whatever loot rules are required at the time for testing purposes.

If the devs are making rules specific to FV, then set the test server to mimic FV, otherwise leave it the same as regular servers.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Since FV loot rules are an outlier the most common, no drop, loot rules should apply to test. Sure some times it causes an issue on FV but it normally gets fixed the next patch...if you can get teh stubborn Ogre to agree.