RANGER QUIVER HASTE

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by archerdem, Mar 10, 2021.

1. archerdem New Member

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY RANGERS STILL HAVE TO WEAR QUIVER. we have taken the bag slot penalty forever. But yet all other classes that have bonus from items can just put them in a bag and get the bonus. WHY are rangers being penalized still.
    Shindius and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Zarkdon Augur

To give us something to laugh at rangers about. They took away our joy at seeing you guys ranger gate all the time, we gotta have something.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I am pretty sure that only Quivers weight reduction grants bow haste, a regular bag's weight reduction does nothing for bow or for thrown weapon's haste.
    Berserkers have asked for a "throwing item satchel" that grants their axe-throwing some haste like Quivers do for bows for years & I am sure Monks & Rogues have probably also asked for something similar over the years, yet only Quivers/Arrows get it so far.
    (Note: Mage summoned 4 slots throwing knife bag not included).

You don't have to keep using a Quiver if you are happy to lose the bow haste, nobody is stopping you doing that. You are complaining like you are being penalized, you are actually complaining about a benefit only your class truly gains much from.
    Stymie likes this.
  4. Trapper New Member

I just wish they would find a way to put the quiver in the ammo slot.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yep, bow hastes and just cause we need a special bag to put our arrows in.

If other classes had a bag that overpowered their haste and other things then I am sure they would use it too.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. archerdem New Member

Ok, you are saying we are getting something special so we should loose a bag slot. But yet, pet classes and casters have over items for spells and pets that they is added to a worn item. so they do not take the bag slot loss . And they still get the benefit because devs put it on one of their items.
    so not complaining about we get an over haste for bow. complaining that after all these years we still have to loose a bag slot.
    Shindius and Drexyll like this.
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yes

This is a hot mess of confusing word salad that appears to be trying to compare arrows to spells and pets...Like WTAF are you even talking about?

You're comparing Chalk & Cheese here in an effort to draw a comparison between entirely different things which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Okay, so nobody forces you to lose a bag slot, if a bag slot is deal breaker for you stop using the quiver & give up the bow haste, it's not rocket science.

Otherwise quit your belly aching about a lost bag, if DarkPaw gives Monks a container for Shurikens that grants throwing haste, Rogues a container for Throwing-Knives that grants throwing haste & Berserkers a container for Axes that gives them throwing haste they will absolutely all be glad to use them and give up the bag slot to gain that BENEFIT your class gets with quivers.
  8. Cuuthbert Augur

For my bard I would love an item to improve my throwing items and an upgrade to the Mysterious Belt of Daggers so I could improve my ranged damage when needed.
    I always have an empty bag slot anyway, but I do a lot of Trade skills and want that spot available. But if they gave me an item like that to put in that slot.... during a raid or fight would just shift to the empty bag slot, and when I needed that slot empty again for TS, just move it to the bag. I do not see this as a deal breaker. Not to mention you never have to summon or make another arrow for eternity. I would kill for a throwing dagger that just sat in my ammo slot and was throwable that never had to be replaced or summoned again
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Zarkdon Augur

I would kill (as a beastlord) to have my pet focus items removed from the earring slot and put someplace useless like a bag slot. Instead, I have to wear an earring with lesser stats than a non pet earring, and constantly farm camps/spend a fortune/raid for weeks to get an integral part of my character whereas a ranger gets a free haste benefit from a slot nobody should really care about that they never have to upgrade. I rarely let my bags fill, and 40 slot bags aren't hard to come by (hunter achievement). Plus there are 2 AA summoned merchants that you can empty your inventory with.
  10. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They should just give us a aa that gives us haste its pretty sad it hasnt been done yet or put quiver in ammo slot. Although when i was doing hunter's i would bag my quiver for the 40 slot bags as i tend to get alot of stuff doing them. Be nice if they would come up with a new quiver although when i was doing nk hunter i saw around 50 hq lion skins drop so i made pp on that stuff lol.

Andarriel
    Shindius and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Many of us do have an Ancient Arrow just sitting in the ammo slot.

BUT we do have to make other arrows. There is the ranger's Heart line of spells that require a specific arrow which is consumed. Endless quiver has no effect on it. So each time we shoot - gone 1 arrow. And auto shoot will eat a lot of those.

I think other classes have perks that benefit just them too....like Vah Shir's safe fall. My ranger could really use that when she is running backwards trying to shoot those mobs and get away but then that cliff comes out of no where. Or the rogue's SOS.:)
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Just a note, Vah Shir are a race, not a class.
    Skuz and Jennre like this.
  13. Zandez Lorekeeper

There's no revenue for Daybreak/Darkpaw by making this change to Rangers quivers. They use thier resources for time lock progression servers as that's thier cash cow!!!!
  14. Eldrian Augur

As was earlier stated, where else would we keep all the reagent arrows that are used.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Got my quiver in the bank and got a extra 40 slot bag now. Course im just doing hunters and need the xtra space.

Andarriel
  16. Hora New Member

For the record, the quiver haste only matters if you're bowing.... which you should only be doing when pureshot is up. Otherwise, you should be meleeing with a 2-hander out.... and then the quiver doesn't matter one bit.
  17. bombyx Journeyman

As I remember, Haste gain form items and spell is cap at +100%, and over cap 25% form bard song, do quiver haste make ranger arrow faster?