Mercs not healing in combat

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Pencilneck, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Pencilneck New Member

I have recently made 2 new characters on different accounts. While using a A5 cleric merc they would not heat during combat but handed out heals afterwards like candy. I have gotten new mercs, dismissed the ones i had and relogged a few times. This occurs both in glooming deep mine and crescent reach
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Make sure they're not set to Passive.

Make sure group roles (main tank, main assist) are assigned. Mercs require you to literally draw them a diagram of what they're supposed to do.

Make sure there are no geometry issues. The smallest rock or dip between you and the merc can cause them not to function. Also make sure you're in range.
  3. Knifen Augur

Drop lev off all mercs.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, that too. Never lev your mercs.
  5. Pencilneck New Member

No lev, self buff only. On balanced, main tank role set. No heals during combat, don't move when it is over and cleric merc heals after combat is done. Validated all files. Never had an issue before, just since patch.
  6. Knifen Augur

None of these mercs your using are the free ones that came with ToV or CoV? Like the Restless Rygorr or Othmir is it?
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This used to happen on certain merc models.

I use a high elf for heals - can you try those?
  8. Pencilneck New Member

The human cleric merc that you get in Gloomingdeep mines.
  9. Pencilneck New Member

On my high level chars the mercs heal just fine.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Merc will not heal a puller until they are back in camp so make sure your not set as puller

I do not assign my mercs any roles and they work fine. The healer heals, tank tanks etc - yes I know everyone says this is wrong but we are killing named at level 114 so something must be working

As a F2P you only have 2 choices of stances - either balanced or passive. So you'll be balanced. After you select balanced you have to click "set active"

Do you have enough plat or do they kick in and heal because you got plat off the corpse that died and that pays for them for 15 minutes.

While A5 seems to be the best go ahead and take a chance on the lowest A1 from gloomingdeep and see if that changes anything. Those mercs are pretty much free for many levels anyway so you can try out different things

Like I said try a high elf for healer -
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

well nm all I just wrote. It was not clear you had higher characters and were well acquainted with how mercs work. The mention of Cresent Reach and Gloomingdeep led me to think you were a new player
  12. Pencilneck New Member

No worries. I have made around a dozen new chars since returning to EQ last year after 15 years, this is the first issue i have had with mercs after I learned how to use them.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

Are you a pet class using your pet as the main tank? I've seen instances where a pet is the main tank and nobody else ever takes damage, which causes the merc not heal anyone. Once the pet owner takes some damage, the merc will heal as normal.
  14. Pencilneck New Member

Not pet class, warrior and pally. Played them seperately through glooming deep.
  15. Aanuvane Augur

I wonder....the merc will not engage if you have too many mobs on you of too high a level, it goes back to that confidence thing. Even though you'll survive it if you're wearing Temp for example the "confidence" factor makes the merc "scared" and sometimes even run away.

I've personally overpulled and had this happen, but you can also get feedback on this in the Ranks and Tiers section on Allas: https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Mercenaries