Issue with the server merge

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cronar, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Cronar Elder

I am left with 16 out of 14 characters, meaning i cannot play two of them.
    How about someone in charge change something so that we can buy more than 14 slots?
    Why should i be forced to delete when it is your issue that caused this?
    Please, thank you.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

But ... Selos had free transfers off it to any other Live server before the merge. And it's clearly listed in the server merge information what will happen if you have more than 14 (or whatever number you are at) characters on both Selos and Povar.

There's lots of things to quibble DPG on these days. This isn't one of them.
    Andarriel and Winnowyl like this.
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Here is a link to the announcement of the upcoming merge that happened today.

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-selo-to-povar-server-merge

There are two relevant sections:

"Will there be free character transfers off of the servers before the merge?
    • Free transfers off of Selo will continue to be active until the merge is complete. Use /servertransfer on Selo if you would like to go to a different server (or go to Povar early)."
    also

"If I only have 8 character slots available on my account, but after the merge I now have 12 characters on the server, what happens? How is it determined which characters I can access? If, after the merge, your account has more characters on Povar than you have access to, the characters you cannot access will be grayed out in the character select screen. You can regain access to them by subscribing if you are Free-To-Play, purchasing additional character slots, or deleting characters from the un-grayed portion of your list."

Have you petitioned the matter? Posting here isn't likely to get you the relief you want. For what it's worth, your idea of buying additional character slots sounds good to me.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

14 slots is all your allowed. Start - 8 regular + 3 from loyalty + 3 from marketplace. He already has max.

So his only choice it to transfer 2 of them to another server or delete them. :(
  5. nitrocutter Journeyman

It helps to read especially when it is posted almost a month in advance. You had enough time to figure this out before it happened. Take it as a lesson and move on.
    Skuz, feeltheburn, DillyBar and 2 others like this.
  6. Cronar Elder

Dear malcontents,
    I have characters on every server. I am maxxed the heck out.

This wasn't a thread to request free things or rules broken.

I asked them to change it so that i can purchase the amount of slots so that i can play them all again.

The people who develop and maintain this game should be all for that, that is another source of income. I doubt that dark paw is allergic to money?

Can someone of authority make this happen? It shouldn't be an issue.
  7. Namde Augur

o_O lol

8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You said you have 16 chars now, which means you had 8 on each server before the merge.

8 is well below the max of 14. You were not "maxxed the heck out".

You could have transferred two to other servers, and done either the DBC or the Loyalty slot expanders on that/those servers, and been good to go.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Cronar Elder

I have 1240 characters between four accounts across all servers.
    For the selo and povar servers i have 8 characters on each server.

If you want to know why i didn't move characters around this go around is this................the greyed out characters are a new thing. I've had merged servers that showed me at like 13/11 before, etc and they were all playable.

So this is a dark paw issue. Someone decided to force an issue that can't be fixed by the user outside of deletion.

Either grandfather the toons or give the user the ability to buy more slots. I am fine with either. I say again, i am not looking for anything free.

But i figure this, like so many issues with this game will go unresolved. Par for the dark paw course.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

bruh
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

Quite true, but max possible numbers of characters on an account can change. It might happen. It might not. It is still an idea worth considering.
  12. Neale Povar Lorekeeper

wrong. you now have 1238
    Raccoo, Tatanka, Metanis and 6 others like this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This is not a new issue as they have mentioned it for all of the server merges in recent history and even stating which ones are likely to be hidden. The fact that you have seen something different in the past might be a bug.
    Nennius likes this.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

/chuckle
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think you would have gained more traction if you had phrased your request a little less beligerently.

More character slots is a request I have seen before, I believe the amount of slots "could" be increased but there may be good reasons why they have not been.

I recall reading the Beta server had more than 14 slots available, for example.

Your reasoning used in your post is however rather lame, you had plenty of warning about the specifics of what happens when two servers are merged together and you were given adequate time to make adaptations.
    You have nobody to blame but yourself for your present predicament, despite your assertion to the contrary.
  16. Metanis Bad Company

They need to charge you on a per character basis.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

Stop giving them ideas.
  18. Strawberry Augur

This is very disturbing news to read my friend. You are an altoholic.
    Metanis and Nennius like this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Level 1 alts you chat with don't really count IMO.
    Shanarias likes this.