What to do during the looooong patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Jul 20, 2021.

1. jeskola pheerie

For 24 hours straight?
    Leerah likes this.
  2. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It gets 3 days of work done in 1 day so you can EQ for 72 hours straight before working again. It's just efficient.:D
    Stymie and jeskola like this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

- Self-flagellation
    - Auto-erotic asphyxiation
    - Autofellatio
  4. GamerGramps Journeyman

4a - Realize that you have neighbors...
  5. Thunderkiks Augur

I slept in to 11 am! Its amazing how my mind knows I cannot do Overseer at a certain time =)
    Then I paid bills and did my paperwork, go me!
    Then I came here to read the forums, where is the red banner saying the game is down for patching?
    Soon I will go dust the house, ahchoo!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Leerah like this.
  6. Conq Augur

The commute home from work doesn't have the same sense of urgency on raid day when servers are down. As it turns out, there is at least one massage parlor on my way home that I have been diligently avoiding until now. I wonder if there is more than one on my route?
    Conq
    Leerah likes this.
  7. Jacofretless New Member

This gave me a good chuckle
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

9. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Then I have to parent. After child goes to sleep it’s usually bed time to wake up at 3am and… yep go back to work.
    Elyssanda and Nennius like this.
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I sparked up the smoker. I had a whole chicken, three leg quarters, and a pack of pork country style ribs thawed in anticipation. I made potato salad, and last night I started a pot of pinto beans. As usual, came out fantabulous.
  11. Madeni Elder

Just play EQ since it is back up
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Gremag Journeyman

This is unacceptable, I was expecting to whine and complain about downtime for a minimum of 24 hours. NOW WHAT DO I DO? WHAT?

Good jerb DBG, good jerb :)
    Gyurika Godofwar and Nennius like this.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

For that alone I demand compensation and profound apologies from everyone at DPG. :)

Seriously, having it back up waaayyy early is a very good thing. Thank you folks. I do appreciate it.
  14. Leerah Augur

It turned out I didn't get to do anything I had planned for the afternoon. The "Just In Time" Inventory control method hit home. Hubby had bent the mower blade last week and I promptly ordered a new one. It won't be here till the end of September (and mowing season.) It's somewhere between China and the US. So, I spent hours calling local shops that maybe hadn't heard of JIT for stock. Called Ryobi's import gateway, same thing, maybe October even! Then, I spent a few hours printing up an exploded diagram of the blades and calling machine shops to see if they can cut down, straighten or otherwise, make these do for the rest of the season. Tomorrow, while you guys are playing, I'll be searching for Close Enough replacements. I'm not ready to pay a teenager $50.
  15. Leerah Augur

You're better off if you don't agro the dust!

Thunderkiks likes this.