Please do something about Cazel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kaizaki, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No but you can spawn a dz once a week for a chance at getting them and you don't have to fight with the entire server for a single shot every spawn cycle. It is now possible for there to be dozens of those drops every week on a server meaning that some of these turn in mobs are the roadblocks and not any raid work.

There is nothing epic about sitting in front of a spawn point and fighting to be the person who gets to turn in an item or who can get credit for a kill.

There is nothing epic about limiting the number of items on a server due to a contested open world mob. In the end all of the things that you claim are difficult have not been difficult on a TLP server in a while since they have introduced agents of change to allow more people to see the raids.
  2. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

And here "waring_mcMarrin" said this was a mob issue, not a server issue, but the fact that you guys chose a server with 2 months of Kunark vs the original 8 months...

So is this an issue because of the speed of the server.... the rules, (if you will) that you chose to play by?

Interesting. :cool:

3. Triconix Augur

Do you seriously not see the difference? A single enchanter popping into a zone and checking for a mob and saying "hey i'll give you money if you let me know it'll spawn so I don't have to sit in this garbage zone for eternity" vs a line of people waiting around to try to snipe the same mob, 80% of which don't actually need the item but are looking to make a quick buck, is what you're using as a comparison?

You literally just served up on a silver platter the difference between live and TLP. The sheer amount of demand for these items makes it literally incomparable. The enchanter in your story had a choice to wait by himself for Cazel, without worry of being KSed, or paying an individual to monitor the area so he can come back. Most enchanters don't get that choice now. They are too busy getting shoved out by krono farmers.

This 100%. The parts of the epic that used to be difficult are now a joke compared to how they were in 2000. The devs giving all raids a DZ instance just opens the floodgates for epic pieces for the entire server. Items you would see maybe 1-2 per week on a live server you're now seeing 10-20 a day. This caused previously easy, fly-by parts of the epic to be major bottlenecks. The over abundance of people having major pieces of their epic done resulted in glaring deficiencies in the Epic quest designs. This needs to be amended to better mimic original design/intent.
    jiri_ likes this.
  4. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

There's nothing epic about having to wait for a spawn timer.

There's nothing epic about having to kill the same mob over and over until he drops the item i'm after.

There's nothing epic about having to actually put effort and time into anything.

*GASP* DO something! The enchanters have to fight for a mob with 100% drop rate!

How about we make the spawn 2hrs and make the drop rate 10%. Fair?

5. Nyvlag Elder

Oh boy. You're one of those people. Classic should be 13 months. Kunark should be 8 months. Velious should be 12 months. Luclin should be 10 months.

Should I even entertain your delusions at this point?
    Demetri likes this.
  6. jiri_ Augur

Do you think something is better because it's long?
    Demetri and Triconix like this.
  7. Nyvlag Elder

[IMG]
  8. Atomos Augur

I don't think anyone has argued this point? People paid real money for items back then too. Not news. Doesn't mean there were 20+ people standing on the spawn point waiting for it to spawn.

20 years ago, expansions also lasted a lot longer, and didn't have a population where 99% of players already knew what to do and were trying to get an Epic weapon. It was also not as common for people to camp something like Cazel for profit during era.

This isn't 20 years ago. It's today. This isn't 1999, or 2000, or 2001, it's 2021. This is TLP, not P99.

I haven't even tried to farm much on Mischief, which has been out for what, 7-8 weeks or so? In 7-8 weeks I've made over 325,000 platinum, so when you say someone gave you 1500 platinum for something when the game had been out for nearly 2 years... It's cute how much value you gave that.
    Demetri likes this.
  9. Draconum Elder

Reading your comment it would almost imply that there was a TLP choice of having one with closer to the 8 month unlock.

Haven't most of the latest TLP's been between 1-3 months per unlock? Not sure what your argument is other than originally the games timeline was much longer.

I pop in most mornings before work and see either an enc with Andad charmed patiently waiting or the asian-oriented bot armies with 5 mages and monks encircling the spawn point. Had I known it would be this much of a hassle I would have gotten Cazel one of the few times I saw him up earlier in the game, but live and learn.

While it would be nice if they were to review the Cazel spawn time like they did for those former bottlenecks and increase the rate I am not holding my breath. Took what, 20 years for them to implement the reduced times for those enchanter, wizard, and SK spawns - unless they're able to just utilize that same line of code for Cazel I doubt we'll see it in the near future.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

I have heard several people say, "I'm having more fun on this server than I have for a long time." That is true for me as well. Sure, there are a few complainers but I'd say the majority like this rule set a lot.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  11. jiri_ Augur

THERE IS NOTHING EPIC ABOUT WAITING FOR A TIMER. I did the Necro one the other day, and you know what was incredibly boring? Sitting and waiting for Edwin Motte to spawn so I could pick up his dumb head. He's like level 20, I know exactly where he spawns, there's no challenge or mental engagement required. I put the game up on a second monitor and doomscrolled through Twitter until he showed up, and that's because I'm one of the few remaining people that doesn't use The Forbidden Programs for this sort of thing. "Epic waiting?" Are you having a laugh?

Effort and time are not linked in Everquest, usually. I think most people here would prefer more effort, actually; the very problem we're identifying is that low-effort tasks require too much time. This is why the 2.0s are so good! They're a small number of high-effort fights rather than a series of mostly-pointless timesinks like sitting in Everfrost hitting a forage macro and an autoinventory macro until you luck into the thing you need.
    Demetri, Nyvlag and Triconix like this.
  12. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

I didn't say Kunark should be 8 months.

Again, you chose the server with the speedy unlock.

Take some responsibility for your choices guys.

13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What other new server with random loot could they have chosen from? Does it make sense to double or triple the amount of people with the raid drops who can't get an open world spawn that is trivial to kill? Again this has nothing at all to do with how long kunark is open for as there is already a long waiting list for the easy parts of the quest while the hard raid parts are getting done quickly.

Why do you want to keep people from doing this quest? Why do you seem to hate this server so much that you seem to keep whining about every improvement suggestion? Why not just let the suggestion happen and if the devs want to make the change leave it alone?
  14. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

Glad to hear it! Man it's refreshing to see someone post a positive instead of constant complaints.

Have a great day Sir! (or Madam)

15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Yup by far the best server thus far.
  16. Nyvlag Elder

This is a little bit of a bad faith argument. You're conflating a single isolated problem, which many people have been quite reasonable about requesting a change for, to "the entire server is garbage."

I'm ignoring the boxing armies/krono sellers comment, because that's present on *ALL* servers -- in varying degrees, sure, but it *IS* on every single server that currently exists.

But to say that us requesting a single quest spawn that is a source of toxicity and is decidedly "not epic" be changed is somehow "THIS SERVER IS GARBAGE" is either really disingenuous or just a really poor comprehension of the issue.
    Demetri likes this.
  17. Atomos Augur

No, it was already an issue, the server ruleset just makes it moreso, especially when the server ruleset doesn't include epic quest drops. We've got normal epic drops on a server with like 4x drops of everything else. How could anyone expect that to go well? The ruleset makes it so you can't control all of the "best" camps to make money due to random loot, it's instead changed stuff like Cazel into the "best" camps because it's the only way to get that item. It's severely reduced the amount of money camps.

For the record, the Manisi Herb IS on random loot, one of the very few epic pieces to be, and is why it is constantly rotting in Chardok, and why you haven't heard a single complaint about it.
    Demetri and jiri_ like this.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What exactly is epic about getting ks'd on a spawn and potentially having to buy what you need from someone who doesn't need it? Sounds like you agree that there is very little that is epic about those quests anymore.
    Demetri, Nyvlag and Triconix like this.
  19. Triconix Augur

This is why I will have no issue stating that warrior epic was the most satisfying and enjoyable Epic 1.0 with bard 1.0 a very close 2nd. Six raid pieces required, minimal fluff or timesink spawns. Just pure "epic" adventures of killing dragons, princes, and lords of the planar realms.
    Demetri and jiri_ like this.
  20. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

No; you're cute! :p
  21. RABKkehhalla Elder

LOCK THE THREAD