Mischief server - Contested Epic items

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darktide, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Demetri Augur

Weird, because EQ has a ton of expansions now, 22 I think? And that thought process applies to 5 expacs and Classic only. (And one of those 5 is LoY, LOL)

So no, you're not playing Everquest for that - you're playing a NICHE of Everquest where that still exists to a tiny degree.
  2. Demetri Augur

You made an account to hop into a thread while discussing anachronism as the only thing that attracts you here - and that changing that would ruin your "Southern Heritage" as it comes to EverQuest.

Do not use the word "adult" when your intent from the word go was to troll about your FEELINGS rather than actual facts of how the game has continued to develop, including adjusting old content TO REMOVE THAT ISSUE.

If you cared to avoid that, Aradune and/or P99 should be your Mecca. Anyone playing here with your toxic nonsense mindset is inherently placing an expiration date on their time here because NEWSFLASH, EQ hasn't been a competitive PVE game in over a decade. And close to two decades for raid PVE.

For Christ's sake the ruleset on this server set was designed around that for the most part, look at Fungi's be they staff or tunic variety for example versus any history - as with a few others.
    Lanffear likes this.
  3. Argu Lorekeeper

There has been issues of Xeno being KSed after someone turns in there quest items on the monk epic. This should be a loot locked spawn. You should not lose all of your progress on a quest because some low life sits in the water hiding waiting for people to spawn it so they can sell the for Krono. In fact when this happens it should be a ban to whomever does this is flat out griefing. Its one thing to KS a named, its a whole other thing to KS a spawned NPC that takes days of farming to spawn.
    Demetri likes this.
  4. Triconix Augur

There is a drastic difference in difficult content giving you rewards vs artificially created bottlenecks due to the everchanging atmosphere in EQ's gameplay and population. Sitting and waiting for a lengthy spawn to try and beat out some obnoxiously imbalanced (and OP) classes for an item that you need which others are simply looking to make a profit off of is not difficult content.

If you really were a true proponent of wanting harder content in EQ, you should be campaigning to get previously difficult raid encounters required for Epics to be bumped in difficulty because those were the actual intended and original barriers for epics. However, you hide behind this façade proclaiming you want content that requires investment and effort while defending mechanics that require literally zero effort.

EDIT:
    Aradune doesn't want that toxicity. It's a pretty laid back server now that all the s***heads moved onto Mischief/Thornblade with their superiority complex. Bunch of clowns playing absurdly imbalanced, borderline broken, designed classes thinking they are actually good at this game because they can click a single button and win dps races. :rolleyes:
    Wyre Wintermute and jiri_ like this.
  5. Thraine Augur

are these people wow players? where do you get a such a giant sample of inconsiderate losers? i hope they make a new TLP soon cause mischief would be much more fun if it weren't for the constant named sniping, 0 respect for camps or other players .. but i guess the devs dont sell as many kronos without them.
    Demetri likes this.
  6. Darktide Elder

somebodies angryyyy! ;)
  7. Demetri Augur

I wasn't suggesting they go back - just stating they should've never left - due to the expiration date issue. It's weird that all these "real EQ players" pine for a short window of a 7+ year server plan.

Literally less than a year, March of next year, their entire "this is why EQ is great" theorem completely gets tossed aside for good.
    Triconix likes this.
  8. Ishbu2 New Member

Next time try reading the exchange that you arent involved in before posting nonsense. What you are saying here has nothing to do with classic eq in the first 2 expansions.

I wasnt talkin gabout making EQ harder, thats just some dumb idea you created to feel like offering your 2 cents here was worthwhile. It wasnt

If someone wants to play live eq, they should. If they want to roll a new character every TLP, then they need to expect that everything want isnt just there for them when they want. Its not new, its been that way for 22 years and the popularity of each new TLP starting in classic vs the popularity when they get out of that kind of game play proves that a large population prefers it as is.
  9. Ishbu2 New Member

Lol take it how you want.

I called you a whiner, I laughed you. Cope how your mind needs to to get by.
  10. Darktide Elder

tell me more
  11. Triconix Augur

What load of nonsense did you just post? And what does it have to do with your argument of people need to put effort into what they get?
    Demetri and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  12. jiri_ Augur

It could show that but it could also be about other unrelated factors. People move to new TLPs for lots of reasons, including new rulesets, ease of krono farming, the opportunity to catch up, to play stuff they're familiar with, to enjoy playing on a server that has the population to support pickup groups, or simply because they're new. They might also leave because the next wave of TLPs come out when the previous one is in PoP, and PoP flagging is a pain in the neck. Or because they don't want to face an entire summer of LDoNs. Or because their guild hit a wall on Rallos Zek or can't get through Tacvi or whatever.

Whatever the reason is, TLP EQ is nothing at all like in-era EQ. I think it's a little hypocritical when the folks who don't want Cazel's spawn cycle or ground spawn timers or whatever sped up because that's how it's always been, it was like that when I did it, quit whining these are supposed to be hard aren't also asking for maps, serverwide chat channels, soulbinders, the parcel system, weightless coins, Kronos, and all the other QOL changes and player power buffs that've come with modern EQ to be removed.
    Demetri likes this.
  13. Demetri Augur

Weird, because the last time the devs made a statement about TLPs vs. Live servers they actually stated that TLPs while substantial are about 40% of the total EQ population, which is not a majority. "Most" of EQ's population according to their own statements are 'casual' players on Live - thus why expansions are still a primary focus for the game.

"Most" people play on Live - and it appears like more people are lost from TLP to Live every cycle. For my guild that just "finished" the TLP cycle on Phinigel - about 20% or so of us moved onto newer TLPs - with another 40% or so transferring to Live and 40% retiring. (And even then, probably 10% went to Aradune which is about to leave those eras behind)

And dozens of people that I know literally are here just to krono farm for Live while Live is done the excitement of the first few months after the expac. Which the earlier expacs tend to be preferred for krono-farming when items become largely nodrop later - in theory, kronofarmers will be doing mischief longer than typical if the effective rarity bumps don't counterbalance it well enough.
    jiri_ likes this.
  14. jiri_ Augur

I definitely think this is a bigger factor than a lot of people will want to acknowledge. For someone who's in the endgame on Live, it doesn't take that much of a commitment to stay there. You put in hours in the first month or few weeks, and then the rest of it is cruising. If you're going to be playing a lot anyway, it's easy to farm kronos in classic and Kunark, especially if it's you and your wife and you're each playing two or three characters. You can pay for your full year that way without too too much trouble.

The TLP population drops are correlated to a lot of things, and one of those is when endgame loot starts being exclusively no-drop rather than having a lot of very tasty droppables sprinkled in.
    Demetri likes this.
  15. Delphwind Augur

This is the case ONLY when a turn-in happens before hand. So technically you are not wrong, but in the case of what the OP is referring too, you are incorrect.
  16. Darktide Elder

Or a mob spawns after a quest npcs death, you hail it, you get an item.

Bergurgle dies... ghost of bergurgle spawns... anyone can hail it, you get the crown.

Coding is coding. Its not set in stone. It can always be changed, or added.
    Duckforceone and Demetri like this.
  17. Demetri Augur

*cough cough cough*

(And we don't even really TRY to krono farm - not that we're playing on Live yet - we were doubling with Phinny till it died off, but we're waiting for free transfers since we're not too excited by more CoV right now)
  18. Atomos Augur

People have been asking for shortened Classic/starting in Kunark or even later for years, lol.

Way way way less people have nostalgia for EQ post-PoP. There is a 16 month gap between PoP and GoD (LoY and LDON don't count as expansions, sorry), where as before we had
    Kunark->Velious=8 months
    Velious->Luclin=12 months
    Luclin->PoP=10 months
    so I think boredom could've been part of it.
    Know what else came out between 2002-2004, between PoP~GoD?
    Asheron's Call 2, Final Fantasy XI, Ragnarok Online, EVE Online, Lineage 2, and most importantly, Star Wars Galaxies and Everquest 2, and World of Warcraft.
    People are a bit more prone to leave for another game when it's the same company or franchise of the game you are already playing, IE SWG and EQ2. WoW took players from every MMO. I met a lot of EQ players on FFXI since it was the most like EQ out of all of them.

There's a gajillion reasons why people don't have nostalgia for post-PoP, but one of the biggest is because they haven't played it. I meet people on TLP all the time who haven't played EQ since PoP or even before that. Nostalgia is a major factor in playing on TLP, and without it it's a bit harder to enjoy.
  19. Cainen Augur

This 100%, and its a shame cause I think GOD-DODH is great. POR is meh but TSS is super fun too. I think more people would enjoy TLPs if they continued to the "New" stuff past pop.
  20. Febb Augur

Man, it's almost as if they designed the early game as a sandbox where you have to compete in order to get the things you want.