Race for Zerker

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Quik, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Quik Augur

So I am thinking of going dwarf for my race for zerker.

Any big disadvantages?

Any race that just stands head and shoulders above for zerker?
  2. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Well technically all of them stand head and shoulders over a dwarf...
    Chikkin, Stuffed48, Ozon and 3 others like this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I think the frontal melee stun immunity of an ogre would be very useful.
    I know tanks get an aa to make it irrelevant later on. Do zerkers get one as well or is it still useful?
    minimind likes this.
  4. code-zero Augur

Frontal melee stun immunity is about the only racial advantage and it is only marginally useful for a melee DPS.
    minimind likes this.
  5. Silver-Crow Augur

Zerkers are like rogues... if you're getting hit you're doing it wrong, so frontal stun immunity is fairly useless.

Most important is play the race you like the look of as you'll be staring at them a long time.

Ogres will be 10 a penny on the misguided opinion that frontal stun immunity matters a jot.
    Trolls have regen, but it's not game breaking.
    Dwarves have beards and forward rolls and don't get shouted at for blocking corridors.
    Barbs have rarity value
    Cats have safe fall

Basically there are no wrong choices
    code-zero likes this.
  6. kizant Augur

Dwarves are the only decent option.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. minimind The Village Idiot

I'll disagree a just a bit.

When the tank goes down, chances are that I'm next on aggro. I'm taking hits, trying to kill the target quickly not by any fault of my own. But since I'm here, I'd like to kill the thing as quickly as possible and stuns slow that effort.

Additionally, a berserker can molo decently well (choose your hunting location wisely) while tanking with a healer merc.

All that said, my highest level characters are an Ogre Berserker and Ogre Shaman. I have no idea how much stun non-ogres face at higher levels or when the Ogre frontal stun immunity fades in relative utility.
  8. roth Augur

My zerker is a Vah Shir, for one reason and one reason only : sneak. Situationally useful (like any other racial) this skill is incredibly useful in those situations. See invis in the way, facing another direction, and you don’t want to mess with it or the 30 friends it would call upon if aggroed? Sneak is your friend.

Highly useful and quite under appreciated skill, sneak can get you past things (so long as you are in their rear 180) that would normally see through your invis.
    Tucoh, code-zero and minimind like this.
  9. minimind The Village Idiot

Remembering back to leveling as a berserker, I often second-guessed my race choice thinking that it would have been better to go for a race that didn't need to be shrunk (dwarf). Instead, I spent a few days camping the Wand of Imperceptibility.

Today, there are enough instant/near instant shrink clickies that it's less of an annoyance, but oh man was it a pain back in the day.
    Ozon and Black like this.
  10. Behelit Augur

zerker get the melee stun immunity aa, at lvl 70/rank4 its 100% immunity to melee stuns from any angle. so any zerker 70 or over with the AA max'd negates the ogre race bonus (and is actually better off since its not just frontal)
    Skewert and code-zero like this.
  11. code-zero Augur

If you're going for racial innates go for something that won't be available in the course of game play. That'd make Vah Shir safe fall and sneak skills the only thing to consider if you intend to play long haul if you're lookin' for the small edge
    Black likes this.
  12. menown Augur

Allow Iksars to become zerkers!
    Chikkin, Ezbro, Ozon and 2 others like this.
  13. minimind The Village Idiot

Shoulda happened, but instead we got Wood Elf Beastlords with Treant pets... /head-desk.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Good to know, so same as a tank class.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Ogres also have the benefit that when shrunk they look like the guys from RBI baseball on the NES.
    Chikkin, Ezbro and Tucoh like this.
  16. Tucoh Augur

Sneak, regen and stun immunity is great.

But the forward roll of a dwarf is better and not having to worry about shrink is great. Dwarves are the best height, just barely tall enough to walk over most surfaces.
    minimind likes this.
  17. strongbus Augur

ya but a 2hander for a dwarf is a just a 1hander for the other races.
    Chikkin, minimind and kizant like this.
  18. Viper1 Augur

If you're not a female barbarian with a big axe, you're doing zerker wrong!
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The correct answer is Iksar, but it lost the combo clash vote so we can't make them and therefore any race you choose is inferior anyway.
    Raptorjesus5 and minimind like this.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

This is a game many of us started as teenagers. (and many of us are older but still act like teenagers) Boobies are a thing.
    Oleschool-BL likes this.