[Mischief and Thornblade] Out-of-Era Items Update

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accendo, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Accendo Guest

We know this is long overdue so thank you for your patience while we evaluated out-of-era items and how we wanted to respond to the concerns.

Moving forward, these items we've identified will not be removed from characters that looted or purchased them:

Royal Shai`din Insignia
    Band of the Shai`Din King
    Tolan's Darkwood Breastplate
    Shadowhand Ring
    Ash's Utility Belt

Keep in mind, due to the sheer volume, there could still be out-of-era items in game. Be mindful and watchful. If you see something you think may be out-of-era, report it to me here on the forums via private message first before spending in-game currency or Krono. We will evaluate each item and decide if we need to remove looted instances of them from the game.

Thanks, all. Remember what the Ancient Egyptians used to say: "Because we focused on the snake, we missed the scorpion."
  2. Rainfall New Member

If not removing them, shouldn't you keep them in then so everyone has access?
    Magician9001 likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Consider it like finding an og manastone.
  4. Nyvlag Elder

Not gonna lie, I think that would be SIGNIFICANTLY worse. Lol. These are fairly minor. Congrats to the small few who got them, they won't have to spend DKP or plat on upgrades for an expansion or three.
  5. Rodr1c New Member

Doesn't Tolans Breastplate drop off Trakanon? How is that out of era?
  6. Nyvlag Elder

There was at least one, maybe more, that dropped when Azaracks were dropping Trak loot in Classic. I kind of assumed this was alluding to that.
  7. Happyfeet V91 New Member

8. Madae Elder

Do Guise and Rubi no longer drop then?
  9. FranktheBank Augur

What?
  10. Magician9001 Augur

Every single TLP prior has worked differently. Either the items are left in for a limited time see Guise, COS, Fungi staff or they're removed completely see Manastone/Staff of Forbidden Rights.

Either the item should be in the game or shouldn't period.
  11. Zapan500 New Member

12. Madae Elder

?
    Guise of the Deceiver and Rubicite Armor were always patched out after a certain period of time, replaced with Mask of Deception and Ravenscale. The title of this thread would imply that they were maybe/finally taken out.
  13. Brildon Augur

That's not at all what this thread is about. It is in regards in how to the random loot tables work and the era the items come from.

Guise of the Deceiver drops for the first 90 days of any new TLP
  14. Madae Elder

Could be interpreted that way, but whatever. Not worth arguing about.
  15. taliefer Augur

if you wait long enough, out of era items become in era items, and no action is even needed, much less a forum post at least a month late

I am sure all the rangers are glad they are not at risk of losing their trakanon BP now
  16. Kodachi Augur

Please consider leaving out of era items if they aren't imbalanced or game breaking. I don't even think its possible since very few items post PoP don't have level requirements of them anyway.... but give some life to the low level revamp loot that otherwise never gets used.

The "power level" imbalance will basically be irrelevant after another 1-2 expansions anyway and some of the out of era loot only looks so good because of how awful classic and kunark items are itemized.
  17. Gheed Is not reading your response

Chardok B loot being kept is pretty jokes. This is a very good precedent to set. Great job!
  18. TheGoblin Elder

What out of era loot could be in Velious? Mischief was updated but any other zone? Velkator maybe?
  19. Aegir Augur

Velks had some goodies, but they were taken out of TLP's during Phinigel's phase in Velious.
  20. Sunriver Journeyman

I know the Velious ranger Hate BP dropped