EVERQUES Improvements . Whats your take? :D

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NeoSpring, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

I'll do the same. Only responding to the part I read:

<crickets chirp>
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Gheed Is not reading your response

Evac/some ports leaving people behind is one thing I definitely agree with. One of the dumbest thing that happens in EQ.

Not being able to see my remaining game time while playing was also an amazing change! /s
  3. Nolrog Augur

Yeah that drives me nuts. If it's the porter, then he can he take everyone but himself. If it's someone else, then I have to go back and pick them up.
    Yinla and Gheed like this.
  4. Machen New Member

Sortof, not always. If the mob is just on you, yes. But often, mobs will be bouncing aggro between the puller and the group bard and get stuck. Sitting fixes it by boosting the puller's aggro effectively.
  5. Machen New Member

If I am somewhere that would be inconvenient to run back to, I always buff block the evac until I know everyone made it, then unblock and cast on myself.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Tricky.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is also the option of taking everyone to a location with a normal port spell and using the evac afterwards so you can get back easily.
  8. Dharken Elder

Pathing and the Loot window crash are the big ones for me.

I can be the only target on a mobs aggro table and it will bounce around like its on crack. Pop a squat and all of a sudden it can get right to me. Its not an aggro related issue (yes there are some situations where that occurs, but No, this is a core issue of mob pathing in many zones.)

The Loot Window crash thing just irritates me beyond reason. We have mobs dropping 9 things at once, and if we choose our loot options then we are screwed and having to log back in. It really needs to be resolved.
  9. Juskov Journeyman

Some serious z-axis work needs to happen on /follow, not just at bard speed--though that's really bad.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Toss in line of sight as something needing to be addressed. I'm sorry, but that shrub isn't stopping me from seeing the GIANT walking by.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Dharken Elder

For improvements:

A market place item to use prestige gear and augments on FTP accounts. I dont raid (and I 100% agree that all raid related items should require pay to play, as it is the best gear/setup). I am finding it harder and harder to pay monthly for my AA/EXP/Group content toons that are only paid members for their prestige gear and augs.

Migrate old gear from prestige to non prestige. Ex-> Tier 2 gear from past expansion should be removed from Prestige required when new expansions release. This could i suppose flow up to raid gear as well, but maybe 2 expansions or more before it migrates.

I would like to see spell merchants removed, and go to a Spell Trainer format. Select all the spells for a level range and pay to train them. There is so much back end T1 content of spells, its literally hours of clicking to buy/mem. Keep the same costs but give me a trainer and remove the scrolls.

Augment shifting-> If I get a new item, I would like to be able to select it and then choose to "Move all augments" to/from the old item. Same if I am going between gear sets. This came in as a huge headache leveling with the Trio style gear. Small but noticeable.

Mass mailing -> I would like to be able to select items (maybe from the find window?) and then choose send to SoAndSo while I am chilling at a parcel merchant.

Collection items -> I would like to see a completely different method to these. Storage for them is insane. In a perfect world I would like to see a Collection tab similar to Alternate Currency, with the ability to select said item and trade it/send it.

Bulk trading-> I would like to see more than 8 items be tradeable, Yes I can use droppable bags to do this, but all my bags are now no-trade, it is more of a hassle to click items into another bag to be able to trade at more than 8.

Bazaar interface (carried over from another thread) -> Currency alteration or addition to allow more than 2m in trading. Maybe a hybrid interface to allow you to buy/sell at the same time.

Revamp the Dragons Hoard. Its.. Sad.. I would think a Dragons Hoard to these characters would allow you to access their No Trade items or be an account level sharing interface (Shared bank, expanded to all servers?) An extended few slots with a terrible add/remove interface is just not worth it.

Hotzone reworks. Add in some quest hubs for the zone as dailys or something. The same Teek crap gets old day after day. And lets be real, Soloers/non boxers/casuals can spend multiple days in the same level range. If we are going to be restricted to the same 3ish hotzones per level range, lets make em fancy. They are not really hot otherwise.

^ Maybe an option would be an NPC we can summon to us (similar to the bankers and so forth) that will give random generated quests for any non sanctuary zone its summoned in?

Expanded UI button interfaces. This one is near the bottom of the list but let us add icons to my hotkeys. After a while there is so much text and color its just.. wow.

These are just things I encountered in the past month or two that made me shake my head. Maybe we can get some improvements!
  12. Captain Video Augur

You're posting in the TLP forum. FTP accounts don't have access to TLPs. Pretty much everything else you posted gets discussed periodically in the Veteran's Forum, so I would encourage you to post your ideas there.
  13. Dharken Elder

Well, yes FTP accounts dont get access to TLP, but the points remain valid, and eventually even TLPs roll over to other formats, combine with other servers and so forth. If these things are regularly posted in Veterans but not much has changed, lets try posting in TLP since they seem to focus on them more.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  14. Captain Video Augur

Here's the thing about the TLP forum: Literally everyone who posts here is a subscriber. The majority, possibly the vast majority, subscribe on multiple accounts so they can box at least two or three on their TLP server of choice. If you come in here and make a wall-of-text post which opens by saying, essentially, "I don't want to have to pay a sub fee in order to play", then I guarantee you will have completely lost your audience. Should a dev happen by chance to read it, their reaction will be predictable: "Great, another one who thinks we should give the game away", and then pay no attention to whatever else you've written.

Dev resources on this game are extremely limited. Even with a couple of new hires, things are still very tight for them right now because it takes someone quite a while to get fully up to speed with the 22+ years' worth of code mass. The devs do not focus on the TLPs more, no matter what you might read here; right now at least 95% of their effort is on producing the next expansion. Anything regarding the TLP set which takes any significant amount of development time won't even get looked at until after the next new expansion is launched and deemed stable, which means early next year at the earliest. It has been this way for the last five years' worth of development cycles.

If we were to somehow put to a vote what each group's top priority request to the development team would be, the TLP forum response would undoubtedly be "We don't like the way the Classic game plays, please modernize it." On the Veteran's forum side, the response would undoubtedly be, "We want a bigger expansion with more content." That's the Big Argument you have to navigate here. Posting your personal ideas everywhere you can think of won't get around that.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This might sound crazy but....

My theory is that LoS (player to mob) is based on the flat 2D plane so your character's eyes are actually in its feet!!

If the feet of your character cannot see the feet of the mob then you have no LoS.

Mob LoS to you probably works the same but aggro range may not always work off LoS, some things certainly seem to see/detect through walls/objects, and some spells/abilities go through walls (or even floors/ceilings).
  16. NinjutsuMMO Augur

time for new character models
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

DBG claimed you had to have a subscription to post here but they never implemented/enforced it.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

Agree. You generally get the "you cannot see your target" message when you can't see the mob's feet.

There are some other mobs in later expansions that seem to have their anchor point (or whatever it is in DPG's engine) higher up. You can tag those even if you can only see the upper half of their body.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

OR get them rezed. :rolleyes:

As a wizzy if it is after PoP use Decession on Arantir's Leggings of Discovery, and do self last. :)

I've evaced and left myself and druid behind, druid has evaced and left me behind. Sometimes the game just hates me!

Pretty sure their reasoning for not changing evac leaving people behind has always been that it is hard coded.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Hard coded doesn't mean anything in this context. It's all just code. There isn't anything preventing them from changing it other than time and effort.