Overseer Agent Conversion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by bobokatt, Jul 20, 2021.

1. bobokatt Augur

When you "convert" agents from lower tiers to higher tiers, is it RANDOM what higher agent you get or is there a strategy?
    When I look ultimately at my collection of "elite" agents, I have 5 of one, 5 of another etc., and then I have ONLY 1 of one type etc., that seem to be way more "rare". Is that just how it is?

Generally I just mash keys when I convert (when I have 3 multiples from lower tiers I mean) and work my way up the tiers, never looking at whether certain combos give different results. Is this the case?
    It took me months before I saw my first and only "First Ranger Tele" and "King Tearis Thex".
    Cheers.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Random.

On one account, I only got one duplicate Elite agent before I had all 12. On another account, I had over 50 duplicates (I stopped counting).

Just remember in a true random situation (or close enough to), you will get spikey distribution patterns with relatively low numbers.
  3. Dragnath Elder

If you didn't know this you can retire your duplicate elites and recover 2x rare agents so for every 3 elite duplicates you retire you can recover 2 new ones through conversion.
    bobokatt and Cannikin like this.
  4. Conq Augur

I'm not in game atm, but correct me if I'm wrong, there are 13 elites?
    Conq
    Andarriel likes this.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

12 through normal Overseer play, and then Fippy, which is only available as a DBC transaction.

Also note, even though Fippy is an "elite", he has the worst stats of all the elites. He's part of a pack with a few other agents, meant for someone just starting Overseer, so that they can get a little head start with more agents. If you've already got the other 12 elites, there's no real need to get the Fippy pack, unless of course you're a completionist. Cause we know there aren't any of those who play EQ LOL!
    Elyssanda likes this.
  6. Riou EQResource

Shame Fippy is the only agent not in the Overseer Achievements atm :p, they would prob have to make him re-buyable instead of 1 time only though per account though
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There are Overseer achievements? Who knew? :)
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea fippy is the worst one. When im doing the quest he never gives more than one bonus only times ive seen two on him is quests that arent level 5. Btw they need a way to do faster conversion 3 to 1 at a time isnt enough i got like 4 accounts with 500+ but its so time consuming! Overseer achievements i dont see any but hopefully in the future!

Andarriel
  9. Riou EQResource

They *might* go live in August's Patch (not sure if they are done in time) or be done in time for July's, not sure :p
    Ssdar and Andarriel like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Oh, good, thanks for clarifying. I really was starting to wonder if the senile dementia stuff was starting to kick in... how could I miss those achievements happening all this time ;)
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, I had decided a while back to not let the agents build up, because mass conversions is a total PITA. I do them every time I have enough to convert.

Until recently, with the announcement that there might be new agents with this month's patch. So now I have a few waiting to be converted.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  12. Whipalox New Member

They need to make it so that you don’t lose all your Overseer when you transfer servers if they are adding achievements.
  13. Coagagin Guild house cat

I have one account with Fippy. You'd be surprised to see how often Fippy is the highest rated character for a number of missions. Yes, the Fippy expansion should be given pardon window to buy. When Overseer was new I had no idea buying an expansion would be worthwhile so I skipped it.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

which missions are they level 5? i mainly do tradeskills and collection missions and the best is like one bonus.

Andarriel
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I was surprised that there's one mission where he's the highest ranked agent. That's it.

This is at level 5. I never got him til I was at level 5. I'm sure, at lower mission levels, he's highly ranked for many missions. Which is why I mentioned earlier, he's meant for people who are just starting Overseer, otherwise, just for completionists who want every agent.
  16. Riou EQResource

Do overseer on ALL servers! :p
    Leerah and Elyssanda like this.
  17. Bobokin Augur

Yeah, did up enough common > uncommon > rare > elite for 3 elites ... didn't get a new one. Even after retiring the one's I got, I ended up with the same eight and sore fingers from clicking.
    Leerah likes this.
  18. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

I'm starting mine today. One account I had 10 or more of over 50% of the common agents, and 5 or more of the non-iconic greens. The other account has pretty close to the same, but I don't think I got as many commons before I threw in the towel and stopped doing recruit missions.

When the patch notes showed that more were coming, I started doing the recruits again and saving them, as well as any Critical Success rewards, so I could hopefully get SOME of the new ones.

The time it's going to take to do the conversion on this is going to suck tho. =x
  19. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Zephur-ECI likes this.
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

From https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/new-overseer-packs-now-available.276562/

Im guessing the 2 avatars are new purple agents, but I haven't confirmed it yet.