Silent Piety

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Lubianx, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Lubianx Augur

I was having this discussion with a few others. Is it still useful to have Silent Piety on during CoV raids?

As it is part of the Pally unity AA, it's no issue casting it, but there are a few raids, like Defenders, where you get hit with multiple AEs and other raids which can get you buffed locked. I already click off remorse during raids (and multiple hastes etc) and I find that there are quite a few situations where I end up buffed locked.

Now the issue is that many raid AEs are unresistible and have been for a while. Are there any that are still resistible which would make Silent Piety worthwhile?
  2. Wulfhere Augur

This is SPA 180 and the same as Sanctification disc as well as bard's Spry Sonata line of songs.

The real question is whether or not it stacks additively, or simply best value wins (who knows?).

If it's not additive and you have a bard singing Spry, then it's a wasted buff slot.

Otherwise it's 10% (+ 15%) chance to resist spells that are resistible and most raid boss spells are not. So again a wasted buff slot. Probably, if SPA 180 is useful then you'll get it from a bard and Silent Piety might not count towards your total resist chance.
  3. Lubianx Augur

Thanks Wulf. This was the part I was getting at. I was leaning towards a wasted buff slot as well but was questioning if there are any resistible DoTs or AEs even from adds.
  4. josh Augur

The only spell on CoV raids I know for sure is resistible is the volcanic explosion cast by the adds when they explode on sontalak. So, not very useful in CoV, but whether or not they put in resistible spells in any given expansion is a coin toss, there was a lot of resistible stuff in TBL
  5. Nightops Augur

I think the real question should be...

What buffs do you have which cause you to be buffed locked?

I sure hope your still not buff organizing your 6+ shadow buffs planning for those ever-so frequent debuffs.
  6. Lubianx Augur

I never use the shadow buffs.

When you add 4 x enchanter spell runes, 2 x cleric shining (or 2 x shaman roar), yaulp, rune proc, poison/restless focus etc it adds up
    Not to mention 3 x AEs on defenders plus 1 dot from the drakes (which will strip some of the enchanter runes but still add up)