Please do something about Cazel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kaizaki, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think that is the problem, it is easily killed and a lot of people want a drop it has.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

If you read the 5 pages, the complaint is not that its too hard, its that it spawns so infrequently that it is currently the enchanter bottleneck after they fixed Vessel/Verina/Wraith.
  3. Gheed Is not reading your response

Wow you guys are having trouble getting your epic all on your own? Feels weird.

You are being KSed by people that have other players assist them in their epic? Kinda weird.

Must be botters!

Very odd that you have to spend time to camp something with the assistance of other plays to acquire your epic weapon. Honestly, if you zone into Oasis the spoon should just pop on your cursor. It isn't fair!
  4. Magician9001 Augur

Yah but like WTF just kill the mob then....
  5. Darktide Elder

I think they need to be tagged as Rare spawns and share loot tables with similar levels. The spawn timers in the patch notes dont match....theyve done something with this server, an experiment of some sort... for future server decisions.... seeing whats a problem, whats too easy...oh guys look, a new server with these rules now...
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Can't kill a mob that you are waiting to spawn and when he does you only get one person finished at a time. If you would have read the thread it isn't just about killing him but waiting for him to spawn and not having it ks'd by others.
  7. Triconix Augur

The problem is the concept of what is "hard" has evolved as the years went by and many QOL altered how epics were accomplished.

Let's look at an example I know very well before AOC, DZs, etc. The warrior epic required SIX raid pieces. That was a very difficult epic to acquire because of this. You had maybe a handful of red dragon scales, green dragon scales, hands of the maestro, ball of everliving golem, spiroc wingblades collectively drop in an entire server in a single week. Now you see 5-10 of each of them per week in larger guilds, let alone per server. This caused the warrior epic to go from arguably the hardest epic to one that is fairly accessible.

Also, another issue is that Epic design was rudimentary and devs didn't take in account that 20 years later people would be doing this stuff on TLPs. Nobody would have so it's not their fault, really. However, that doesn't solve the issues at hand. When epics first existed, people were literally trying to figure them out and solve the puzzles, riddles, and clues laid out. You had maybe 1-2 people on the step step as you on the entire server.

Today, you have multiple write ups, exact spawn timers and locations, people know what the bottlenecks are, what is MQable, what can be traded, how to cut time off, etc. Everything is completely known. Couple that with people getting dozens of the required pieces per week serverwide and suddenly people are just funneled to the npc with long timers that cannot be done in instances, picks, etc.

The devs have shortened these up, but it's obviously still an issue. Do you want them shortening all of them to just hourly spawns? In my opinion, the zeitgeist of the Epic quests is already lost since half the server runs around with them each TLP. There really is nothing special about acquiring them anymore because they are far easier to acquire than ever before. I know the nostaglia community will have a fit if they heavily altered the epics, but at this point, what nostaglia is left with these things? You can accomplish epics within a day if you're lucky. I don't see a reason for hail, hand-in, or trivial kill spawn timer bottlenecks. They were never previously the "difficult" part of epics 20 years ago so why should they be now? I would argue it wasn't the initial intent so it should be modified even further.

The initial design of the Epics was fine because the demand wasn't as great. However, modern playstyle and changes resulted in a once good design into a poor design. That's a problem you're going to experience today doing content that is 20 years old. As of right now, there aren't any options other than to suck it up and deal with it or ignore it and don't bother doing a quest that will more than likely be replaced in 1-2 months.
    Waring_McMarrin and Demetri like this.
  8. Demetri Augur

Indeed, people clutching their pearls about "that's not Classic EQ!" are ignoring 90% of what "Classic EQ" is has been changed at this point.

It's weird that these same people aren't complaining about other QOL improvements like AoCs and adjusted timers and *Spawns and HoTT and Target's Target and UI tweaks and melee DPS and DoT tweaks, ad nauseum...

Almost as if it has nothing to do with what is "Classic" but has another motive.
  9. Nyvlag Elder

I mean, to be fair, a guy wanting to sell the spoon for 15KR+ (yes, it's that high) isn't showing up with "other players," he's showing up with a full 6 box crew purpose built to KS. I sure would. Gotta pay that rent, man.
  10. EFKAB New Member

I respect your right to have opinions but please read the context of a forum post before injecting them. This isn't about KILLING Cazel, every enchanter on this post can solo him easily. The problem we are trying to get resolved is the spawn time. He can spawn anywhere between 2 and 23 hours after being killed. Couple that with the fact that the spoon is tradable and the price is 10-15kr, a situation has been created that invites non-chanters to come in and steal him with more dps than a chanter looking for it can do on their own. Creates an unreasonable and unnecessary bottleneck for enchanters to do their quest.

11. Magician9001 Augur

So his spawn timer is shorter then another quest piece that is No drop and not MQable. Hes also been spawning longer and was just sitting up alive in multiple picks for half of Classic. Sounds like something that doesn't need a dev fix at all sounds like you chanters are getting scammed by krono farmers and you need to stop paying them.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

While what you say about krono farmers may be true that doesn't change the fact that it appears that Cazel and the spoon is now a bottleneck for players. Even if everyone stops buying the spoon it is going to take some time for the market to correct itself and the farmers to stop farming it.
  13. Magician9001 Augur

It's not a bottleneck at all. You're making it one by paying extortion rate prices and all the Krono farmers are swarming the camp because they know suckers are willing to pay 5-10x what the item should be worth.
  14. Demetri Augur

He didn't spawn in Classic and/or you're lying about how often he was up - I basically passed through South Ro 2-3 times (or more) a day in Classic and didn't see him once on my druid's track on landing.
  15. Gheed Is not reading your response

Just kill the giant 4head

You guys realize the enchanter epic absolutely blows right?
  16. EFKAB New Member

Please quit replying. It's become abundantly clear that either you're either referring to a different server, are one of the krono farmers that we're talking about here or just don't know what you're talking about. Either way, at this point you're just trying to troll enchanters are voicing our concerns about a serious bottleneck in one of our main quests.

Vessel: 9 hour static after killed (at least according to the dev posts) - Item is NODROP
    Verina: 13 hour static spawn after killed (at least according to the dev posts) - Item is NODROP
    Cazel: 2-23 hours after killed, heavily camped, item is tradable and it's rare to have enough people in zone to spawn another pick and when there is, that pick is camped as well.

17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I am not doing anything as I don't play an enchanter or care about the epic. Even so from what I have read it is becoming a bottleneck because other parts of the epic have become easier and now people are waiting on this one. Sure you can blame the farmers and the people who buy from them but they likely don't care because sellers are making money and buyers are completing their epic. Outside of waiting until demand goes down the only thing players can do is to point out the issue which is this thread. Personally I don't see the issue with them raising the issue (outside of the request to make it nodrop) as they have been updating many epic steps to get rid of bottlenecks due to long spawn times.

I am not sure what exactly you have to gain from preventing any of the suggested changes here that are trying to fix a perceived problem.
  18. Gheed Is not reading your response

Please fix pawbuster he is a serious bottleneck to the monk epic. I have to camp him for multiple hours and sometimes people can even show up and steal the mob from me. This is unacceptable!
  19. Triconix Augur

All hand in, hail, or miscellaneous "non-raid" kill targets for raids that are on a set spawn timer should be shortened to 4 hours max, if they are currently higher than that. If they are lower than 4 hours, they should remain as such.

The atmosphere of the average TLP is way different than Kunark-era live servers. Therefore, epic designs should be modified to better represent the current game atmosphere and original design intent. Increased demand for these NPCs have caused bottlenecks that previously did not exist.
    Stymie likes this.
  20. EFKAB New Member

Yeah, I don't care if they make it no-drop. Although, it's worth noting that a good many of the pieces are

Xolion Rod - Nodrop
    Innoruuk's Word - Nodrop
    The One Key - Nodrop
    Lost Scroll - Nodrop
    Head of a Serpent - Nodrop
    Book of Charm and Sacrifice - Nodrop

I could go through the rest but I think you get the point.

If they only do one thing, I'd like to see them make him a static spawn timer. If they do that, at least people could plan and get a group out there to at least have a chance of winning a dps race.

Ideally, if they lowered the spawn time it would help enchanters and deter the krono farmers because there would be more in circulation lowering the price dramatically.