AoCs on Live? Pretty pretty please with a high 4 offered to sweeten the pot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhinx, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Is that what the issue was? I remember there being something with older zones but thought it also applied to AoC as well.
  2. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

AOCs should be on FV at a bare minimum but all servers frankly. The idea of people who live in basements and have no lives permacamping mobs for years at a time has to end. All your paying customers deserve access to game content not just the human/deskchair CHUD hybrids.
    Ozon, jiri_, Dre. and 5 others like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

EQ Servers recover Ram far more easily from DZ than from Pick Zones, have seen a dev say that at least once.
    TLP servers start off with a lot more players than live servers have and pop a lot of those AoC DZ with some very high player numbers up to PoP and the lag there was not really an issue at all.

That said the lag present on live servers is also felt on TLP, I just transferred off Phinigel last night & that server lagged out to hell on some CoV events with just a single guild raiding there.
    Fixing the lag on Live Servers is definitely tied into more recent expansions and while the overall effect of adding AoC to Live won't help in the short term, long term it would be a nice QoL improvement for Live servers that will likely have little impact upon current era raid events.

The most problematic DZ of recent times was the Qeynos Hills/Blackburrow Anniversary event that was an issue due to players cycling it so fast/frequently that it was creating a problem & a lot of that issue was tied into how that was designed.
    Stymie and Jhinx like this.
  4. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

What if they enable them and if after a month the lag has gotten noticeably worse they just... disable them again?

I'm also in the camp of "will not noticeably affect lag", but I also don't play on Live I just think you guys deserve the same fun QoL stuff we've gotten on TLP.
  5. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Enable them on a Cycle? each month enable a couple, and disable the prior ones.

Would also encourage people to work together with the cycle, instead of spreading out the attention.
  6. theonepercent Augur

All that encourages is people making tons of free to play accounts to open a lot of DZs and adding their main when they finally find the thing they want.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

How does that follow?
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Seems like extra effort for no benefit over just enabling them.
    Stymie, Raccoo, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  9. theonepercent Augur

If the devs tell you the AoC you want will be around for 1 month and the next time you see it is 8 months from now are you going to just say "ok cool, I get 4 chances"? Of course not, everyone will do whatever they have to do to get the most chances to get the item they want.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Should AoCs exist then the droppable items will become more easily attained in the marketplace, which will affect little but the 1.0s (something you can do the 1.5 prequest to bypass anyway, so it will mainly affect those of us that enjoy going back and doing things for nostalgia/lore reasons), so people hopefully won't have to live popping AoC after AoC.

I see the people this will affect the most are the lower level toons, who will have the game opened up more to them, which is great. We considered starting a guild that goes through the expansions in order on FV, but stopped when we found that literally none of the name were up in OW (and I have zero interest in trying to dps race bots on a raid full of lowbie toons).

Bringing more items into the marketplace vial AoC will loosen the death grip these automated bots have on spawns if suddenly there are more items for sale that were only available for extortive costs. Hopefully then they will finally leave these lowbie zones to the characters that actually find them to be a challenge at their level.

Not like anything you find in one of these AoCs is going to be groundbreaking at 115, outside of clickies or toys to make all the womens swoon when you pass.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Nomeregard hammackj

This would be great! Make it gold accounts only if needed
    Skuz and Jhinx like this.
  12. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I'd love to see AoC implemented to all servers as well. +1
    Dre., Ozon, Stymie and 2 others like this.
  13. Mecherdon New Member

I would also love this. I would love to finish my 1.0 on FV and other on level stuff
    Skuz, Ozon and Jhinx like this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm curious as to what the difference would be having AoCs on the servers running raids verses players running missions. Both are instanced but AoCs have longer lockouts. While players are running the raids they are not running the group missions so there shouldn't really be a large increase in the number of overall instances being run, just where they are.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Hythos Augur

How is that so horrible?

Everyone should be able to get whichever types of pixels they want.
    The mentality of "You can't have that!" is what was bad about games.
    Thornblade (and Mischief) are what EQ should have been at the beginning; I really can't have any interest in "Live" servers.
    Even Star Wars Galaxies allowed for almost everything to be traded. It's too bad EQ didn't take a note from that 18 years ago.

(Yes, I acknowledge that SWG is no longer supported by Verant/SOE/DB/DPG, but that does not detract support from the trade-ability of items argument).
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Honestly if they do add AoC's to live I would think they would be tied to paid accounts just like TLP is as an incentive to subscribe.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

It doesn't really rustle my jimmies if someone else kills Nagafen or whatever in an instance. Open world targets having a long respawn time had its place back then, but now it's an unnecessary relic. I've never played on a TLP but I think Agents of Change would be a positive addition to Live.
    Jhinx and Skuz like this.
  18. Bardy McFly Augur

Ah, this conversation again.

Signed (again).
    Skuz and Dre. like this.
  19. Dre. Altoholic

While anything would be an improvement, I don't think it's best for the new/trial player's experience to be a free-for-all blockfest. Letting the veterans/farmers/botters use their own instances regardless of account status would reduce competition, which is the goal here.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

This was such a stupid idea. Blanket party stupid.

[IMG]