Bank in EC tunnel.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by NeoSpring, Jul 14, 2021.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

The bazaar would magnify earnings for anyone bringing a few hundred krono early onto a new server.
    Then again I think it would be great idea. :D
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Atomos Augur

Except, like I said, I have this conversation on nearly a daily basis.

There's THOUSANDS of people in game but only 300 in EC? lol. Bazaar numbers triple that. Because it's what people prefer.

Going by your reasoning, I'm assuming you'll be quitting the game when Luclin launches? "Professional" (lol) farmers exists regardless of the Bazaar, the Bazaar is much more casual friendly which supports a large amount of the playerbase. It introduces more people into the game's economy, whom otherwise avoid EC at all costs. Professional farmers aren't sitting in EC spamming auction, they are using a mule and automation software to continually spam their auctions, while they are actually playing the game on other character(s). That's something that most players don't do, whether they are casual or not.

It doesn't matter if EC tunnel is part of the nostalgia or not. So is a million other things that no longer exist on TLP. The fact is, EC tunnel was a part of the game for two years while the Bazaar has been a part of the game for twenty. The Bazaar is much healthier for the game, and it also doesn't prevent people from still using /join auction or /auction in zones like the Nexus, Bazaar, PoK, or Guild Lobby.

People don't play TLP so they can sit in EC tunnel, they play TLP so they can play a cooperative RPG with other people designed to bring people together to accomplish goals. Adding the Bazaar does not take away from this, nor does it take away the ability to spam auction.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

You can't compare the numbers of the two. I can't believe I have to spell this out but I will. A huge number of bazaar traders are offline or online on a separate account. Trading in the tunnel takes active participation. You can't actively and effectively play one character and tunnelquest at the same time. The key word being effectively.

Nowhere near the same thing. I didn't read the rest so forgive me if you address this later.
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Wouldn't that be nice 2005 feature to have.
    I heard on live someone with a billion plat was causing server issues awhile back or something similar. :eek:
    Accipiter likes this.
  5. Atomos Augur

You absolutely can compare the numbers and I just did. 300 people in EC which includes people boxing auction mules has been a thing forever, just because you can't do it doesn't mean others can't. And like I said, some of them literally do not look at their auction mule screen because the auction spam is automated, they only need to look when they get a notification from having been sent a tell.

Everquest is one of the most heavily boxed games of all time, and you think people can't box auction mules while playing the game at the same time? Even if you're not using automation software, spamming actions requires like the least amount of effort you can possibly spend on the game. Use an audio trigger to know when you get a tell, or if you're the type that's buying and reselling, you can get audio triggers for certain items.

Regardless the offline trader thing is exactly why people prefer the system. It is the main reason the trading population triples. Multiple bazaar mules is another reason but again not something a large majority of people are going to participate in.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

I compared an apple and an orange once. I think they're the same but no one said anything to the contrary so it must be true. Don't bother responding. I didn't read past that first sentence.
  7. Atomos Augur

Hey, nothing wrong with living in your own little world. That's kind of the point of Everquest after all. Regardless or whether you respond or read or ignore or whatever, doesn't take away from the fact that the Bazaar is incredibly more popular than EC tunnel, and the fact that many of the people in EC are boxing an auction mule while at the same time they are playing the game elsewhere.
  8. Stymie Pendragon

9. Stymie Pendragon

At this point why not? It's been a central trading location for many years and it will allow for less folks online, hopefully making some impact on lag.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Catashe Augur

And this is why I miss my old 2000 server and the old FP... North Freeport for the win!
  11. NeoSpring Journeyman

I just wanted a bank but i'd take the bazzar over the tunnel quest any day =P

And LOL @ no banks in desert w/ guy posting pictures about banks in deserts =D
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Bazaar > Tunnel.
    But i like the tunnel as well, although its not the same feeling anymore.

The right feeling was (written, not linked):
    "WTS ssoy, lammy, wurmy, defiance, css, cof, cocw, rbg, rbb, aon, schw, boc, cos, fungi at Torch 2"
  13. SleezerGeezer Elder

If you make the game more inviting to farmers, you get more farmers, and farmers box and monopolize camps, which means more difficulty getting groups, because when players are LFG, what they really mean is LFCamp. Anything which makes the game easier for professional farmers is bad. I accept that Parcels fall into that category, but are an acceptable compromise.
  14. Piznut Angry Gnome

I want old bazaar back during classic -> velious; it was better anyways. Personally I hate selling in EC. I've let multiple 1-2 krono items just rot away into worthlessness in my bags simply because I hate manual selling that much.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Atomos Augur

So again, you're quitting these servers when Luclin launches, correct? Otherwise I hope you see how pointless your argument is.

I'm willing to gamble you're not quitting because the problem you think the Bazaar creates doesn't exist and isn't affecting your gameplay any differently from before or after Luclin launch.

It's not like Luclin launches and suddenly the amount of farmers skyrockets, even though that's what you're trying to imply for whatever reason.
  16. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

I would love be able to Summon Banker Vet AA at level 1 if one in EC isn't loved :)
  17. RABKkehhalla Elder

Just run to the bank you bums. There's already a soulbinder in the tunnel. Origin and gate back. Or parcel yourself everything and don't pull it unless you're selling. Be creative.
  18. Rauven Augur

All of the things you listed have nothing to do with the EC tunnel. Players meeting there was never dictated by any developer. You all chose to meet there. No one is forcing you to go to the Commonlands.

If anything they should consider removing its special nature since it never had it to begin with. Let it cap out like normal non-city zones and open new picks. Remove /auction, and remove the amenities already there.

None of this "we meet here and its your fault, fix the problem we created on ourselves!" BS.
  19. Mrjon3s Augur

I remember gfay used to be the trade hub on some servers. KoS people would stand on the ledges shouting wts bag full of stuff.
    Gnothappening likes this.
  20. Atomos Augur

I'm not real sure what you're arguing. I feel like you might be arguing about the main location of the auction spam, which uh, I don't think a single person has argued about in the entire thread.

I am saying that the EC tunnel should be turned into its own separate zone, and the Bazaar function made to work there, because trade spam is an outdated function that a majority of people don't like because it is boring and time consuming, as opposed to the Bazaar which lets you sell items while offline. The Bazaar is much more respectful of the player's time and it is one of the biggest Quality of Life additions to the entire game. Someone made the excuse that auction spam is part of the nostalgia, and I made the argument that so is corpse runs and all the other crap that has been changed or removed, there's no reason a Bazaar from the getgo can't be a part of that.