Make an Epic 2.0 locked server

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Solstyss, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Solstyss Journeyman

all in title, i m playing on agnaar and love this server but an Epic 2.0 could be make toons so gorgeous !!
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What exactly would an epic 2.0 locked server be?
  3. Solstyss Journeyman

should be omens locked , hoping merc comes after that
  4. FranktheBank Augur

So you want an omens locked server with mercs?
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why stop at omens? DoDh gives a nice epic 2.0 upgrade and PoR is also a good expansion both of which are also at the level 70 cap.
    minimind likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Mercs come with level 80 Seeds of Destruction, so your 2,0 locked server would never see them.

I can understand Agnarr had an audience, there was the closure of Al Kabor which had a longstanding audience of PoP-locked players along with a decent audience of PC EQ fans of the classic-PoP era to support such a server.

Over the past 5 years I have seen maybe 15-20 posters on these forums in favour of a locked server stopped somewhere between Omens of War and Prophecy of Ro.
    I don't think the devs are all that interested with those kind of numbers as the server would not be profitable enough, but hey they might do it, I just think the chances are really very low.

If you really want a Omens Expansion-locked server I think the players who want it need to whip up a lot more interest than a single poster asking for it every couple of months or so before it will even enter the consciousness of the dev team as something enough players are asking for.

At least the 10 or so PvP TLP Fans knew how to keep their post alive through contsant activity, and they didn't get a TLP either from being too few, your chances are significantly worse than theirs were right now.
    minimind likes this.
  7. Elskidor Augur

Do TSS locked instead = b
  8. Solstyss Journeyman

i don t know well all xpac past PoP but epic 1.0 is not very valuable on agnarr but i know Epic 2.0 was awesome ( damn skin too) , and agnarr was a really glorious server but not much to do.
    i would like a server that stop on epic 2.0 just for working on them et got tons of toons more stylish than other ). and i would like to be locked because all progression server died at some point.
    if there s no mercs so it s nice, guild lobby wild be here and maybe housing ?
  9. Captain Video Augur

Everything you're asking for can be done for free on a Live server.
  10. Solstyss Journeyman

don t think epic 2.0 is peak power on live server , what the point on solo raiding old content ?
    every tlp can be done for free on live...
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Housing was even later than Mercs as it was a part of the Level 90 Expansion "House of Thule".

Sounds like you want to cherry pick a bunch of features that came along after Level 70 and Epic 2.0

Are you really sure you actually want a locked server?
  12. Solstyss Journeyman

yes, just locked when you get epic 2.0 )
    i m not fan of housing and i know mercs kill a server
    problem on agnarr is it s way to fast to lvl / max AA ( epic 1.0 is pretty easy to get at 65) but no really usefull
    just want a bit more stuff to do / work on.
    housing could just be a nice tweak because that is something you can work on too but don t know it was release so far
  13. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think a Prophecy of Ro expansion locked server would do well.

At level 70 cap there’s about 1000~ AAs to obtain.

Raids offer useful upgrades from 5 expansions

PoR raids offer Circle clickies, Augs and many best in slot options for this era.
    DoDH raids offer 2.5s, Augs and a few best in slot pieces from Demiplane
    DoN raids offer DoN progression and Vishimtar/Yar Lif clickies
    OoW raids offer Epic 2.0 and Augs
    GoD raids offer BiC and Tacvi class clickies

Maxing out your characters would involve running all of those raids at least a few times a year to get people their items. People would spend their time outside raids farming signets, doing epic 1.5/2.0s, doing DoN progression, DoDH 68-70 spell chains, DoDH mask, Dreadspire key, Theatre of blood flag and many groupable augments / CoA aug runs for their Alts and boxes.

I think there would be plenty of content to keep people entertained on such a server.

But I’d definitely have it turn off Truebox at some point after PoP so the server can maintain even after the initial rush dies down.
    Dre. likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You openly contradict yourself here, are you sure you even know what you want?

This is a gross misunderstanding about mercs.

Mercs are crap, they are a lot worse than a group geared player in function, their only saving grace is they are a lot better than nothing and a little better than an AFK player.

They didn't cause player attrition, they were a solution to it, the other option is forced server-merges.

And what happens when you have run out of everything available to a Omens or even PoR locked server? Because you will.
    Do you then ask for a HoT locked server in a few years time so you can see some more stuff you have not yet done?
  15. Cainen Augur

I mean, people keep saying "all progression servers die" but manglar is doing great in TSS. 6-8 end game raiding guilds with a healthy population far past the "Death point" people think occurs with TLPS.

I think some older TLPs, especially the voting based ones, did die off, but so far phinny, selos(who made it to live with at least 1 guild clearing all the content) and mangler all seam healthy. GOD - TSS is amazing content(minus POR) and no reason to lock another server, just go get your 2.0s when any of the upcoming servers hit OOW and ride them to live.
  16. Solstyss Journeyman

housing is just a tweak : yes i m not fan but it don t deserve a server. just because i don care about it, does mean this should not be available on server.

i like the idea of locked era that s why i asked for another one a step further
    i like to work on something that can t be lost after 1y
    i can take my time to enjoy it )
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well you can do all of the things you want to do on a Live Server, but that's not what you want.

What you are really asking for is a server that suits YOUR desired criteria as an individual that also hopes there are a bunch of other players who have the same exact matching criteria...

Your problem here is are there enough players with the same criteria as yourself?

I will suggest to you that there are simply not enough players who want the exact same things you do, if your perfect server were created how many other players like yourself do you realistically expect it to attract?
    A hundred? and that's being generous given the available information.
    How long do you think a hundred or even two hundred players are going to last?
    Your idea is doomed to failure unless you have enough like-minded players, people who want the exact same kind of server you do, all you are thinking about is what YOU want.
    If you want a tailor made server for just yourself you can probably find/create a private server tailored to what you want more easily.

When you are thinking about a new Server for EQ you have to consider whether the idea will be attractive enough to enough other paying players to be able to satisfy the business needs of the game, not just what would make you yourself happy.

The only thing you've said I agree with is turning off Truebox at some point on a server, I think once any TLP unlocks DoDH that Truebox should be turned off for that server.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

I firmly believe Mangler is only doing as well as it is due to the poor Aradune launch. Phinny had 2 guilds at the end? Selo barely had 1 and it go there in 3x the time. Ragefire, the last of the voting TLPs, has more guilds than a couple of the truebox TLPs combined. 6-8 guilds in TSS is great, but still a very long way to go to hit live.
  19. Solstyss Journeyman

Don't crush my hope )
    agnarr is here !
    yes it s a complete selfish demand server but i don t know why it won t work like agnarr do.
    and if we don t ask so it ll never happen.
  20. FranktheBank Augur

LOL, as if Waring needed more evidence of having bad opinions.
    Xyroff-cazic., Duder, Kalamir and 2 others like this.