Please do something about Cazel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kaizaki, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Wowzer New Member

Please Devs fix something with Cazel. It is absolutely appreciate to see the other items fixed, but you have made Cazel a true bottleneck from hell. I agree with the other posts here that people are absolutely toxic and krono farmers are now looking into this spawn to make money instead of enchanters trying for epics. The spawn rate is absolute trash and unpredictable, I have been farming this item on and off since classic and have numerous hours spent sitting here with not even seeing Cazel. Something has to be done with this spawn. Make the item not tradable, switch the spawn time to a set mark, something/anything please.
  2. Machen New Member

Cazel is not the bottleneck from hell. If it were, it would have been the bottleneck enchanters were complaining about a year ago, five years ago, ten years ago...

Let's be honest. Cazic is the last, minor, bottleneck that is left after they have fixed a dozen other bottlenecks. If they fix Cazic, you'll just be here in a week complaining about the next one.
  3. theonepercent Augur

Wouldn't have to do that if they took 5 minutes to look at the entire epic instead of doing 1 npc per patch.
    Demetri likes this.
  4. Demetri Augur

On Mischief/Thornblade? No, CAZIC is trivial here - all his drops are spread across 5 targets. We've got Soul Leeches on L1 SK/WAR alts at this point because there's so many in our guildbank + SK mains. Overall, sure, he's screwy and slows down the SK epic a ton - but this Cazel conversation is regarding a Mischief/Thornblade issue.

With Mischief/Thornblade ruleset PLUS the changes to Verina and Drozlin the planar and city drops that USED to slow down Enchanter Epic are now all trivial. Cazel wasn't a bottleneck when people had to wait for things like Wraith of Shissar - but now when you're getting the drop from her 5+ times per Hate or Fear raid - the only real bottlenecks are the city spawns and Tangrin (narrow potential window and a bit out of the way for each) plus Cazel (incredibly wide spread [up to potentially 2-3 times as long as the others, that does seem to be realized quite often], droppable, next to a port spot) - does one sound a "little" different than the other?
  5. EFKAB New Member

I wish the spoon dropped off multiple targets. Does anyone know?
  6. Kaizaki New Member

No it doesn't, hence why a possible solution is coding him as a rare spawn. Which would share his loot with other lvl 51-ish rares
  7. Piznut Angry Gnome

Cazel is a bottleneck because his spoon is tradeable, so you have permanent mages / wizards sitting there in South Ro with planar wands, so they can sell the spoon for krono. Compare that with his insanely long respawn time, and it becomes an issue.

Honestly, they need to make ALL epic drops no-trade, and hinder the krono farmers from hijacking epic mobs.

Right now you have: Bergurgle, Cazel, Pawbuster which could all use no drop tags on their items. Won't put a complete stop to it, but will make it more annoying to farmers.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This item has been no drop since it was introduced to the game and this is the first server where it appears to be an issue.
  9. Piznut Angry Gnome

The cazel spoon has been tradeable on other servers. The difference with this server, is normally all the krono farmers are sitting at Heirophant cloak camp, Fungi camp, CoS camp, etc.

Now with random loot devaluing group drops, the farmers have turned to alternative methods to pay their monthly rent. And that includes bogarting epic drops to sell.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Could it also be that they have fixed other bottlenecks with the epics which change where it is now?

Making items no drop on all servers because there is a problem one a single server for what is likely a short period of time isn't a good solution.
  11. Piznut Angry Gnome

I do see what you're saying, but I still think if they're historically going to make half of the epic drops no-trade only because they're epic drops, they need to be consistent with it.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you see a problem why not suggest a solution that isn't a nerf on every other server? This item has been tradeable for over 21 years and it is not the only epic item that is tradeable. There is no reason at all to think that they had intended it and all other epic items to bo no-trade otherwise they would have changed it a long time ago.

I mean we are talking about a level 51 mob in an open zone and it won't be long until lots of players can kill it. Just because it drops an epic item doesn't mean random players will not kill it when they see it. As there are also complaints about the spawn time if the item is no drop that means if anyone but an enchanter or group with an enchanter kills Cazel the item will go to waste instead of being able to be given/sold to an enchanter.
  13. lesuelrs01 New Member

I've spent a combined 52 hours sitting on his spawn. The longest continuous camp was for 14 hours, which was ended when a 6 boxer showed up and informed me that they were going to DPS race me and take it. This part of the quest is not interesting, engaging, challenging, or any other sort of fun. I would have been better off working an overtime shift for 12 hours to buy the krono to buy one. It would have been quicker, more fun, and I'd have a spoon.
  14. Machen New Member

There is something ironic about people on a free trade server asking for an item that's always been tradeable on every server to be made no drop.
    Stymie and Waring_McMarrin like this.
  15. EFKAB New Member

I don't think they should make it no-drop. Just fix his spawn time to be something reasonable. That will solve 2 problems at once. Chanters will be able to get the piece for their epic and it won't be worth farming because it's much easier to get.
  16. Piznut Angry Gnome

Personally, I wish they would just make him a 2-4 hour repop like many other epic spawns, and be done with it. That's the optimal solution.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure but it seems like the first suggestion for this in a few threads has been a nerf by making in no-trade instead of trying to find other ways to fix it.
  18. Demetri Augur

Or triggered with a *MOBNAME lock mechanism
    Piznut likes this.
  19. Atomos Augur

I hope people are aware of how little of a difference making something NO DROP makes. Though I guess if they were, they wouldn't be suggesting it.

A large reduction in respawn timers for spawns with no PH and an increase in chance to spawn for ones with a PH would make way more difference than making it NO DROP.

Another suggestion - and I think this is probably the best one, as it has a much higher chance of getting people to work together - is making these mobs drop more than 1 of their item.

Mischief has an increase in rare creature frequency but basically no epic spawns are flagged as rare creature. With rare creatures being loot pinatas as they call it, thus most items in the game having very low tradeable value, the value of these epic spawns has increased drastically because they are all unaffected by the Mischief ruleset. Which is part of the problem IMO. All of the random named like Lord Bergurgle and Cazel that aren't force popped via quest items should either have been flagged as rare creatures so they pop more often or so their loot is added to the random loot pool. And despite what people may think, it should all be tradeable as well, especially if it were on random loot.
  20. Rentic420 New Member

Also fix it so they cant multiquest any of the drops anymore, like the 2.0's