Bergurgle crown Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by minbus, Jul 16, 2021.

1. minbus New Member

I get it this server is free trade so most stuff on mischief isnt worth much so people camp epic pieces, but i have sat at this camp 2 different days 10+ hours to not even see him spawn. Then the other times i do see him spawn wizards have 2 click of a conflag wand in before my sk's HT even goes off so clearly they are using something to target this mob before it even shows on the screen for everyone else. We are just trying to get this epic done without spending 5-8 krono on one piece so please increase the spawn or at least check into these krono farmers here camping.
  2. Cainen Augur

/tar Lord_B
    /alt activate ## for HT

Spam the hell out of that when he's about to spawn(with nothing targeted). Depending on your latency you may be it first, but you cant target it before the server spawns it, they may have a better ping though and see it first.
    Lilliee likes this.
  3. Trevalon Augur

Using "special" means it is possible to hit a mob before the game spawns it into the world.

Some old schooler's may remember the great Innoruuk kill of Vulak where Wulias' 40 SK army killed Innoruuk before he ever popped in game, he literally popped dead...

Not saying thats happening here, but it is possible.

More likely its what that guy above said, they have a macro for their conflag wands made and they just spam the heck outa the button.

The Tradeable loot is great...most of the time...in some cases I wish it weren't tradeable, namely this piece and the ground spawns for VP - but well take the good with the bad IMO
  4. bardybard Augur

EQ servers are on a 0.16667 Hz refresh rate
  5. minbus New Member

yeah i have a macro for my HT and its still over half dead before i get it off and sometimes even completely dead and im trying to HT the corpse
  6. Lineater Augur

Allowing the crown to be tradable was a pretty bad oversight. Gimblox's ring is still no-trade. Pearls are still no trade. What happened?

Hard to believe this slipped through the cracks, as Begurgle caused plenty of conflict on Aradune and I assume previous servers, too. I'd love to know how many B-related petitions CS has gotten over the years. Hell, wasn't Lord B one of the reasons for charm and dispell changes - blocking dispell unless grouped, and making (some?) named mobs immune to charm?
  7. bardybard Augur

Making it no drop would not solve anything.
    Do you know the next step of the quest? Very easy to transfer the result of the next step to a different character.
    Bergugle has been perma camped in Classic to Kunark and even Velious on all TLPs so far, this is nothing new.

Gimblox is different, there is no easy way to emm queue that one due to how that part of the quest works.
    Pearls, on the other hand, you actually *WANT* to be tradable.
  8. minbus New Member

yeah making it no trade wouldnt do much just need him to spawn more often imo
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

10. Machen New Member

There are a few active AA's on Mischief. Harm Touch is one of them.
  11. bardybard Augur

There are plenty of AAs before Luclin ... Origin being the one that everyone has.
    Harm Touch is also an AA. Go ahead make a lvl 1 SK, open the AA window and check for yourself .... bud.
  12. Lineater Augur

Yeah I know the next step of the quest, I did it on Aradune.

Making the crown no drop would absolutely help with the problem. Nobody was making 5 krono off loot rights or Shmendrik M-Q's on Aradune. Literally one thing has changed from previous servers.
  13. bardybard Augur

Really?
    Only reason "Nobody was making 5 krono off loot rights or Shmendrik M-Q'" was because full cleric epics were being sold for 25-30 KR. There is also no required, you just need to loot the "Damaged Crown" to the correct character and hand that into Natasha.
    Bergugle was perma camped until end of Kunark on Aradune and after that it was not uncommon to just zone into Lake Rathe and see him up.
  14. Lineater Augur

Farming an entire cleric epic to sell is vastly more difficult and time consuming than camping Lord B for an item you can take to the EC tunnel for a quick 5 kr. It's why you would see the same 1-2 names auctioning them all the time. Selling epic M-Q's is an extremely niche business.

Do you think they are more people trying to camp Lord B for an easy 5 kr on Mischief than there were people on Aradune trying to camp Lord B for cleric epic sales?
  15. Accipiter Old Timer

You bastard! You quoted me before I edited my post. ;)
    Machen likes this.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, yeah, I know. Sue me.
  17. acidic Journeyman

Free the clerics!! But seriously this mob should not require either A. a 55+ SK with HT or B.) a wiz with conflag wand. A solo cleric looking to get this piece has almost no chance without help. It is really poopie to ask friends to camp a uber rare lvl 40 spawn with a low chance of even winning against a wiz with conflag wands or sk with HT.
  18. Elabone Augur

You could also stop selling conflag wands for 1k when the crown is worth 5kr.

The same guy posts his WTS crown, and WTB wand in nearly the same line, and you people still sell them to him.
  19. RABKkehhalla Elder

Free trade rocks
  20. Gio1999 Augur

Your cleric shouldn't be solo. Even back in the day this was a multi person camp.