Mage focus question: Servant of Earth (Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OldTimeEQ1, Jul 16, 2021.

1. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Hi all,

The staff focus does not work on the level 46 greater summoning:earth summoned earth pet.
    I asked in-game chat, and was told it will work from lvl 51 spell's pet onwards.

Is this how it's always been, as Allakhazam says min lvl is 46 and max level is 60 (spell levels), and Allakhazam is wrong? i-e focus was added much later (and not in classic in 99/2000)?

Or is this a bug?

thanks!

Ronninn
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Every pet focus does something different based on the spell being cast. What I mean is, servant of Earth doesn't give say +1 level to any pet you summon. Some focuses the pet stays the same level and hits harder. Or has more AC. Or more HP. It makes it very tough to tell when it's working when the bump is functionally neglibigle.

https://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4192

According to this, servant of earth gives your lvl 49 pet a 350hp boost, but no level or max hit bump.
  3. Cainen Augur

When I used the staff on mischief, in classic, my earth pet was noticeably larger, and hit for 2 more damage. If you're not seeing that it may be a bug.

99.9% sure it was working for the classic earth pet pre Kunark.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Dumb side point, but it needs to be equipped when you summon your pet. I'm sure you did but just wanted to toss that out there just in case.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Perhaps you're misremembering and we're actually using the lvl 51 pet not the lvl 49 pet. The table I linked indicates the 51 guy gets a 2 point bump to max hit.
  6. Cainen Augur

That is entirely possible =P I'd go with the table over my memory any day. =P
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  7. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

I had it equipped, doesn't do anything for the level 46 spell summoned pet.
    Guess my questions are more of
    (1) Allakhazam says lvl 46 to lvl 60. Is it incorrect?
    (2) A drop from Classic working only on Kunark doesn't make sense? so on a TLP, getting these staves in classic, from classic raid mobs is useless as focus won't work? (Air staff is from a sky quest!).

The level 51 spell's summoned pet gains a level btw, from this focus. Checked this with another mage - he summoned without the staff, and then with my borrowed staff.
  8. bardybard Augur

It works, it increases pet size and max hit. It does not increase pet level until 50+ spells
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Did you read anything I posted? At your level it gives your pet more hp. Same level. Same max hit. More hit points.
  10. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

Sorry for late reply. Thanks for all the comments. Yes Tweakfour17, I did missed to update :)

I tested now - I am lvl 49 (was 46 when I posted the main post);

- without focus level 46 spell earth pet max hits for 56 (pet level 41).
    - with the staff focus, it max hits for 58 (pet level 41)

thanks again, all.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.