Boxer Hate Discussion

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lionari, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Accipiter Old Timer

Good question. 3D was in its relative infancy back then. Probably the texture memory was shared but I couldn't say for sure.
  2. RABKkehhalla Elder

Boxing effectively takes skill and knowledge. If your not efficient you'd be better off pugging with the other skrubs.
  3. Machen New Member

You are misremembering. The formal ruleset was 180 days for everything prior to GoD on Ragefire and 90 days after GoD. Exactly what the poster you responded to stated. There was no vote earlier than this, and no possibility of a player "agreement" that could have altered this.

Edit -- https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ:Progression_Servers_Ragefire for one source among many. Patch notes for a second source.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  4. Machen New Member

Initially the texture memory was stored in global memory, not on graphics card memory, and was not shared. It became shared long before it was moved to graphics memory. But that was still relatively late iirc, well after dodh.
    samenye and Accipiter like this.
  5. Demetri Augur

You didn't read his post that I was responding to, clearly - he was implying that RF and LJ had different voting schedules. The only "different voting schedule" that LJ had was an initial agreement to vote down xpacs the first few times to slow down the server to make them different schedules - but that went to the wayside quickly.

The OFFICIAL schedule for voting was exactly as you outlaid - but the playerbase had initially declared amongst themselves (with "all the guilds" claiming that their guild members agreed to it) but IIRC only the first classic vote failed - and after that the plan to push longer expacs with downvotes was ignored.

Only people that played on LJ the first few months would be familiar. If Zaide or Gremin pokes through, I'm sure they remember it - as both were huge voices for the "Vote No" movement to slow down the rate of xpacs back then.
  6. Machen New Member

I read his post.

He described exactly what the formal ruleset was. You appeared to claim that the players had the ability to make expansions shorter by player agreement and voting. That was not the case. All they could do was make it longer, which they never did.
  7. Demetri Augur

Sorry, it was Numiko just before him: "You are correct there was a difference at the start, Ragefire was going to be the "quick" server with 3 months per expansion and Lockjaw was going to be the "slow" one with 6 months per expansion, but that only lasted one or two expansions before everyone on Lockjaw was wanting to get it sped up so dev's changed it to match the ragefire speed."
  8. Machen New Member

They were both 6 month servers at the start. They both continued to be 6 month servers until Gates. Numiko was incorrect. The only exception was that there was a vote on both servers to release kunark early. On Lockjaw it passed. On Ragefire it failed. Since Lockjaw had defeated classic significantly later than Ragefire, a necessary precursor to starting the voting timer, all that did was ultimately allow the two servers to synch up to the same voting schedule.

There was never an actual expansion unlock vote that failed on Ragefire.
  9. Demetri Augur

Again, I assume you never played on LJ. Why do you dodge the direct questions and only use abstract summaries that others give you, rather than explaining the source for your data?

For the umpteenth time that stuff was the OFFICIAL, that doesn't change the agreements that DHS/Faceless/EOE had in place to control the vote on LJ, that didn't follow through. (Including some EQAnon'ing that RF people had come over and made low level characters to screw with our vote, etc - it was a wonderfully insane time)

That's all that I'm stating - was that there was PLANNED VOTING COLLUSION to control the schedule to be slower on LJ that quickly went to the wayside. For the Xth time, I do not disagree about the OFFICIAL schedule - that does not change the fact that the leadership of the primary guilds tried, and failed, to dictate the schedule being slower on LJ though.
  10. Machen New Member

You know what they say about assumptions.

I did actually play on Lockjaw until Phinigel launched. It was the only server I was playing on in October 2015 when the vote was taken to launch Kunark early. I am well aware of the efforts by a few guilds' leadership to encourage people to vote for a slower Lockjaw. I don't know that collusion is the right word. Not all the major guilds were on board.
  11. Demetri Augur

Then why did you repeatedly contradict me, before saying that now.

And what major guild's weren't? Or at least weren't claiming they were to the other leadership?

I've since learned that two of the three major players in the agreement have proven to be duplicitous - so I wouldn't be shocked if it was just faking going along with it, but unless there was a huge dark horse I'm not accounting for between Faceless/DHS/EoE - I stand by it being most from the "plan" aspect before whomever torpedoed it.
  12. Machen New Member

Modest Man, for one.
  13. Demetri Augur

Ah yea, don't recall if they were part - good call - had forgotten about Dima's guild there. (I believe that was Dima at least, right?)
  14. Numiko Augur

This is what i was refering too, this was posted by Aristo in june 2015

Changes Coming in the Near Future

With such a significant portion of the active players on these servers voting to keep progression slow, we will not be changing both servers. We plan to keep Lockjaw on the six month schedule that was originally voted for by the populace at large.

For the other half of players, however, we are going to decrease the wait for Ragefire to vote to unlock Kunark from 6 months to 3 months. The voting period for Kunark will thus become available on August 23rd and end on September 6th.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...kjaw-kunark-poll-results.224474/#post-3279501
    Demetri likes this.
  15. Demetri Augur

So my memory wasn't flawed! I had almost been convinced.
  16. RABKkehhalla Elder

What's this thread about again?
  17. Argu Lorekeeper

If the server isn't truebox then people shouldn't roll on them if they hate boxers. Personally I don't box on any of the TLP servers. I think it would be great it boxing was totally banned myself. It would eliminate the box armies holding important named hostage, alot of the ksing, etc.
  18. Domniatric Augur

Love it, or hate it, it brings a lot of revenue to daybreak which helps keep this ancient game afloat. And, considering this, and considering the fact that they know this. I doubt it is going anywhere. There is a distinct difference between truebox and nontruebox servers. People should be aware of that difference and play on the appropriate server for their tastes. If you don't like people who truebox I don't know what to tell you. I don't really see a good solution for you or for enforcing rules against it. Ideally, they would have both live and progression server options of all flavors and a no-box option. But, I really doubt the overall population would support that many server types. Also, ideally, Daybreak would be relentless in enforcing the rulesets but, they don't really seem to be.