Returning player after 18 years --- super frustrated =(

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Seiir, Jul 14, 2021.

1. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

That is the whole point of implementing something like this. Krono is the main cause of the toxic environment we see in TLPs not allowing them to be obtained in game is the sole purpose of this idea. Sure 3rd parties will still sell platinum, but this will get rid of alot of the toxic camp stealing, kill stealing, stab your mother in the back behavior. If you cannot farm kronos in game, no need to stress about camping certain mobs 24/7 for high value krono prices. These items will go for high amounts of plat therefore you need to buy krono from DBG to vendor for that plat, or farm the plat/sell items for plat to get it.
  2. Triconix Augur

Nah. There are definitely more players playing in POP and below on TLPs than anything else. The population of Aradune/Riz and Mis/Thorn (can also include Agnarr here as well) > All other TLPs combined.

I think you're forgetting that Aradune and Riz are still technically in POP. Also, I included LDON into my population statements. So what you need to compare is TLPs that are GOD and beyond vs LDON and below. The former is no doubt lower than the latter considering not a single TLP before Aradune/Riz go consistently above a Low Population on EQR server statuses.
  3. Machen New Member

Wait two months when Aradune/Rizlona hit GoD and that's gonna shift. I did say pop+ though since that's where Aradune and Rizlona are. If you combine Aradune, Rizlona, and all the other TLP's that are on later expansions, combined their pop will easily exceed Mischief+Thornblade.
  4. Triconix Augur

But that's not what I'm comparing so I don't care about what you said because it has nothing to do with my comments. You can't take my initial statement, skew the metrics, and state you're right. You're not.

Also, you may see a migration from Aradune/Riz to Mischief once GOD releases because that's around mid Velious when raids actually become good. Then you have a bunch of low population servers vs two high and one low pop server (Agnarr).
  5. Machen New Member

Ok, fair enough. Let me put it this way then. Your initial statement is correct right this moment. But, the ONLY time your initial statement is ever correct is during the 2-3 months a year when we have two sets of servers both in classic->pop. The rest of the time, with only 1 set of servers in classic->pop and all the older servers in Gates+, the population on the older servers combined has always been greater than the population on the new server(s). I predict it will be again in two months when Aradune/Rizlona hit Gates.

There is zero chance that any population is going to move from Rizlona to Mischief. You may be right that some more will move over from Aradune, we'll see.
  6. Triconix Augur

You have zero idea if this statement is true yet you proclaim it as fact.

However, let's get back on topic: bottlenecks and accelerated content.

Where are most bottlenecks? Pre-GOD. Where is the accelerated content for these current servers? Pre-GOD. A majority of people experiencing bottlenecks will be in an era where the content is quite accelerated vs a normal TLP. There's just no denying that. So that means the bottlenecks become even worse because less people will be able to accomplish their goals before the quests are outdated and outclassed by other, easier, alternatives.

These bottlenecks don't exist on older TLPs because not enough people care about doing things like 1.0 and there just isn't even enough competition for the bottlenecks to even be considered bottlenecks at that point. Also, unlike Mischief/Thornblade, you're trying to compare bottlenecks and populations of players residing on 6-8 servers vs two. That's just not comparable at all.

Futhermore, you bring up Selos. That server trivialized certain epics from day 1 since in launched with Luclin, especially ones like Pally/SK. There were better group weapons available for people to acquire which lessened the effects of Epic bottlenecks. Again, you cannot compare Mischief/Thorn with a server like Selos when all variables aren't even close to being equal.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure what you are ranting about but the purpose of krono was not just so you could get plat, if that was the case they could just sell plat in the station store. The Idea behind krono also includes redeeming them for paid subscription time which includes trading them in game.

Krono are not responsible for the toxicity on any server and if you remove them it just changes the source. Take away krono and you have people selling the items on 3rd party websites as well as selling plat itself. Once this happens you will have player returning to those sites again and there will be an increase in fraud related to that.

In the end krono is the not cause of any of the problems but it is people who are willing to go to any lengths to make some money while playing EQ. I mean do you honestly think krono is the only way to sell a high value item in EQ and this didn't happen before krono?
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is only half the equation, the other half is the people who are willing to spend real money to leap frog content, either levels or loot / quest pieces. You can desire to make money playing all you want, but if the community was actually against using krono to buy stuff, then they wouldn't.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But again that isn't a fault with krono as you had people buying items, plat, characters and other services from 3rd party sites since the start of EQ. Krono just allowed players to move the purchases of items and plat in game and reduce the amount of fraud. In the end it will all still happen even if krono is removed.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Agreed. Krono legitimized it for better or worse, but at least dbg gets a cut and fraud/scams are reduced. Krono provides multiple benefits and removing them provides none.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.
  11. Typhus Elder

He is not talking about removing them, just changing the way Krono works. Kronos will be bought directly from DBG vs 3rd party sites therefore increasing the revenue of DBG. Kronos could still be used for subscriptions or plat either or. Fraud still exists on third party sites even with the way kronos are now, that doesn't change anything. I think he is onto something good, DBG just needs to figure out how to implement it.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

From what I read it sounded like what he was suggesting was removing the ability to trade krono in game which is a major feature of the service. And trading it to a merchant is just going to cause other issues as the value of a krono (or how much it should be worth) changes over time as expansions launch and other things happen. On a TLP server they would be changing a lot. In addition to that it would be a new and potentially massive increase of plat in the game where trading them just moves it around.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

Why would anyone buy a krono for a sub instead of just a sub if they weren't tradeable? Allowing them to be traded means someone can use the fruits of their labor (plat or items) to functionally play for free. And while some krono are bought and sold on 3rd party sites, every single one was bought from DBG to start with.
  14. Typhus Elder

Well if you actually read what he said, you would see he was talking about the price of krono changing weekly so the vendor would be constantly updating how much plat he would be exchanging for the krono.
  15. Typhus Elder

Because you could exchange the plat in game for a krono as well to use for a sub so basically you give the vendor the going krono price in at and then the vendor gives you a krono which you can then use to sub that account, but still non tradeable to players only the krono npc.
    Fallfyres and Tweakfour17 like this.
  16. Numiko Augur

Just wanted to point out that the first 14 Eq expansions were 6 months apart, not a year.
    Was not until Seeds of Destruction that we get yearly expansions.
  17. Accipiter Old Timer

It's a shortsighted approach. Lots of people have suggested this over the years but every time logic prevails over emotion.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

It's pretty clear it is his opinion. LawyerQuest much?
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

This thread is dumb. I'm worse for having participated in it. ;)
  20. Risiko Augur

To the OP, welcome back to EverQuest.

Unfortunately, the majority of what you will get here on these forums is people attacking you for posting your frustrations. That's what these forums are the best at doing sadly.

My best advice is to join a small to medium sized guild, and enjoy the game as best you can. Sometimes the people in your guild will help you get what you need. Other than that, just keep you head up, and don't let the bad apples get you down.