Returning player after 18 years --- super frustrated =(

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Seiir, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Mostly I think we agree. I just think they'd have better luck focusing on removing the profit motive than by trying to herd cats (botters!). Remove the profit and the botters will go away.
    minimind likes this.
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

This is simply the main reason. Hence why they almost never ban anyone unless you are a serious repeat offender.

Also wow on the those stats on level 115, lol I haven't ever played level 65 that far. :)
    minimind likes this.
  3. Kevvy New Member

Miragul is currently on a 35hr +16~ timer. Anyone with any kind of normal life cannot possibly hope to camp this mob. Especially with these large mobs of boxers, Paladin epic is currently nearly impossible unless you do "ruthless " like someone mentioned earlier.

I would be happy if this could have be lowered to 6 hours. Or any sort of reasonable time, 35-50 hours is insane, especially in this day and age. And with how fast these expansions come and go.
    bardybard likes this.
  4. bardybard Augur

Yea ok lol ... Complaining about Paladin epic.
    And we through the Aradune whining last year was bad ...
  5. Kevvy New Member

Enchanter complains about Cazel (2-24 hour timer) - "Aww here here, yes its rough, i know come and suckle on my nupple lets get through this together"

Paladin mentions Miragul (35 spawn + possible 16 hours) - "Get f-d you dumb Paladin"
  6. NinjutsuMMO Augur

Try Agnarr server…

That’s where cool and normal people play….
  7. Xazier Elder

Daybreak should institute something like WoW with their WoW Tokens.

Make Kronos non tradeable but have a standard plat exchange rate based on the servers economy. They could put in an NPC in the bazaar to trade with like they have with the horse vendors. I am sure this isn't very hard to code especially when you have sites that monitor the economies like (TLP Auctions) however I understand that the market can be manipulated, but then again it is easy to just adjust krono prices on a weekly basis.
    Stymie likes this.
  8. Ultrazen Augur

Bottlenecks with long respawn timers, and fast expansion unlocks are two design choices that are really opposed to each other and shouldn't exist. This is made even more silly by things like VP key ground spawns.....The loot from VP drops off of multiple sources outside of VP, so just what are you even gating with these keys?

They did a good job of alleviating some of the long standing problems with EQ on this server, but they really missed the boat on a few things. The VP ground spawns and epic bottlenecks are two of the most egregious examples.
  9. Machen New Member

Mischief is NOT a "fast expansion unlock" server. It is pretty much right in line with what every TLP server before it has been with only a few minor exceptions.

Selos was a fast unlock server. Compare Mischief and Selos unlock schedule and you'll see that Mischief has far more in common with Phinigel, Mangler, and every other "normal" server than it does with Selos.
  10. Celestian Elder

When originally it was a year between each expansion, it's fast unlock. Add in free trade and random loot, you can't really compare it to release or any other TLP.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  11. Machen New Member

When you have all the strategies, and can easily clear the raids more in your 2-3 months than most guilds could on live, and have massive advantages over live when it comes to both dps and tanking, you're right. You can't compare the TLP's to Live. TLP's have MASSIVE advantages over live, and TLP guilds are able to gear far better than live players ever could every expansion.

But you absolutely can compare Mischief to Selos or Phinigel or Mangler. The differences are pretty easy to quantify.
  12. Nykara2 Elder

For dungeons like KC you can use the agent of change every 2 days and have a chance of your mob spawning. no need to bother about camp being locked down then
  13. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Just to let you know that DPB is more about being lazy than profit, making krono work like WoW tokens would not only solve a lot of player behavior issues, but it would take a ton of the market away from 3rd parties. Most people buy krono from 3rd party sites for a fraction of the DPG store price.
  14. Triconix Augur

Out of the first 5 expansion releases, 4 of them have much quick unlock schedules on Mischief/Thornblade vs a server like Aradune. Post LDON it's pretty much the same, but the ROK - LDON eras are definitely much more accelerated than the average TLP, cutting out 4 months total.

According to everyone here, that's the content a majority of TLPers player so the normalizing of releases on expansions after LDON doesn't really have an effect on them. So for the average TLPer, Mischief and Thornblade are very much accelerated. They will get to POP by month 7 vs month 11.

This also may cause an interesting dilemma for the average TLP player. I highly doubt DPG will release another server around the time Mischief/Thornblade are in mid to late POP like they seem to do. That would mean a new TLP starts just 8-9 months later. You could potentially see a total population dip in the game until a new TLP is released months later because people refuse to do anything after POP/LDON unless they finally decide to suck it up and continue.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It would help if you explained the differences though I would disagree about most buying them from 3rd party sites instead of with plat.
  16. tzeriel Lorekeeper

I’m talking about buying krono when you don’t have play. Your options are dpg or 3rd party. Are you going to pay their $15+ or pay $8-10? If you make them not traceable, you literally destroy the 3rd party market. Now all krono must be bought from the source, then turned into a vendor for plat.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That sounds like a horrible idea and it would remove the ability to acquire them with plat or items. In WoW they have an auction house and players purchase them ingame from that and because of that the price they receive fluctuates based on demand. If you put it on a vendor the price would always be static besides never reflecting actual value it would likely cause issues on TLP servers.

Sure it would be nice to get the 3rd party market out of the game but with your suggestion that would also destroy the market for acquiring them in game which is a valid method.
  18. samenye Lorekeeper

I thought we were on to something for a moment - e.g. Kr only tradeable via the Parcels fella with "buy" and "sell" prices set by players [Neverwinter Online uses/used this mechanism to trade Astral Diamonds for ZEN, its equivalent of DBC].

Then I realised that implementing this in EQ1 would just cause the third party websites to switch back to platinum like the good old days.

Instead of buying Kr at $7 direct from Shady.com I buy $7 of pp and buy my Kr in game. Woo.

More friction. It would put off a small number. But not worth the programmer effort, and a hassle for everyone else.

So, back to Plan A then. Shoot everybody. Then there's no one left to cheat.

Edit: the inevitable typo
  19. Celestian Elder

This is kinda offtopic for this post but I'll just say this and leave it.

You must not play on Mischief if you think that. The random loot and free trade dramatically changes this TLP. Comparing it to any other TLP is like comparing it to a live server.
  20. Machen New Member

Not according to everyone. There are almost certainly more people playing pop+ right now on the TLP's than are playing on Mischief/Thornblade.