Overseer Suggestions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Froglok, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Metanis Bad Company

Please, just let Overseer die. It's an aberration. It distracts and detracts from the actual game of Everquest. Please add more real content and/or improve the game rather than wasting precious Dev time on something that adds nothing to the character of the real game.
    Accipiter likes this.
  2. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

People that aren't max level within a month of the latest expansion launch would probably disagree with you here. I use Overseer almost every day, and eventually I won't have much use for it, but at the moment it's allowing me to get caught on multiple servers and characters without having to fight with my wife over why I'm playing all the time.
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

If you don't want to use it, don't.

It's already in the game, so at this point, would take more dev time to remove it than to keep it. Even that would counter your argument ;)
  4. Metanis Bad Company

Yeah, it's really hard to press the delete key a few times in their software commit process.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

1st suggestions is to can we have Collection Dispener rewards /auto inventory like the Research items are

2nd can some one who understands overseer rewards explain if this is a bug or not
    looks like 3 types Research , Crafting and Harvesting all have the same items and numbers (Crits give you more numbers)

Except I am not finding these items in (Crafting and Harvesting -Level 5 Veil of Alaris)
    Research
    Level 5
    Veil of Alaris
    1 Smudged Rough Spell Tablet
    1 Sooty Spell Tablet
    1 Sooty Fine Spell Tablet
    1 Smudged Runic Spell Tablet
    1 Stained Fine Runic Spell Table
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

I like it and must vote for it to be retained.
    Celephane, Elyssanda and Skuz like this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

And I thought I was grumpy today.
    Metanis and Coagagin like this.
  8. Stephen51 Augur

Add more variety and/or rotation to the currency rewards. Bring the price of the Unattuner down a little. Add the more used Perfect Augment Distiller as a reward. I know that if you dedicate yourself to getting currency as a reward on every quest for something like a month you can buy one Unattuner, but not all quest options give currency, and it then adds some (more?) tedium to the minigame.
    Coagagin likes this.
  9. Coagagin Guild house cat

Appears that 10 duplicates for agents is the current known maximum. With a stable full of agents I have nothing else to commit additional agents to do. Some sort of reward or "payout" would be welcome.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I am a bit surprised they are expanding on overseer tbh.

It was my understanding that it was "relatively" low-effort as they already had all the graphic assets done beforehand(as it was a leftover from LON). Does this overseer expansion mean they have allocated a new dedicated graphic-artist to it, or do they have even more leftover assets?
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

I think the original idea was to release "expansions" for Overseer, and have each one focus on a different continent. The next ones would focus on Antonica, Odus, etc. I'm quite sure they have enough recycled stuff from LoN, promotional, and concept artwork to cover everything.
    Andarriel and Skuz like this.
  12. Metanis Bad Company

Bah! Humbug!!!
    Skuz and Nennius like this.
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm sure these have been said before, but they're are worth repeating I think. The two biggest fixes I wish they'd make to Overseer are:

- DON'T automatically switch to the active quests tab when I start a task, forcing me to tab back to the task list
    - Auto inventory the damn dispenser fragments like the tradeskill component tasks
  14. Szilent Augur

there are thousands of un-reused assets from LON still
    Gyurika Godofwar, KarmaKitty and Skuz like this.
  15. Riou EQResource

They were LoN cards, they made like 3000 ish LoN cards (iirc something like 300ish cards per expansion and there's like 10 or 15 expansions for it or something), of course some cards are items or abilities instead of NPC's/Characters

There should be more next patch too, because it doesn't look like it was finished in time on Test for this months patch (unless it can be finished by Live)

Based on what is there, I'd bet it's probably not that much time to fill out quests, prob much easier then a single quest in a real zone
    Skuz and KarmaKitty like this.
  16. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I've seen a few people mention this, and thought I'd share how I handle this (not Overseer specifically, but items on the mouse cursor in general)...

I set up a one line social with just "/autoinventory", and for every char I have, I put the hotkey for that social in the same spot. So, whenever I get an item on my cursor, I move and click that hotkey, and it's stowed in my bags.

Like so many things in this game, not EXACTLY what people want, but it is a workaround you can use now, without waiting for them to code what you want.
    KarmaKitty and Velisaris_MS like this.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Collection fragments should’ve just been a currency that you used to purchase the Collection items from a vendor. I can’t stand the system they use now and the multiple claim windows that you one has to utilize.
    Coagagin, Moege, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, that's what I do. Doesn't make it any less annoying.

Clearly they CAN make Overseer rewards auto inventory (like the tradeskill rewards), they just chose NOT to for some sadistic reason on the collectible rewards.

Do the ornmentation dispensers auto inventory? I can't remember since I haven't done one of those tasks in forever.
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Since it seems they’re focusing on Overseer a bit.

Something to do with spare agents when you have obtained them all and reached max levels would be nice. Currently we have nothing to do with spare 10 common agents. It sounds like maybe we will be able to do more mergers for new agents after the latest patch but eventually people will still run out of things to do with spare agents. Or maybe Iconic agents not disable all copies of them when one is incapacitated. Giving purpose to keeping a stable of multiple iconic.

AAs to the reward list would be great

Backfilling the tradeskill rewards to include Velious silks/furs/ore, PoP everything, LDoN forages for smithing, OoW augs, OoW Smithing/Tailoring, PoR gems like taafeite/Harmonagate/prestidigitase/staurolite, and a global reward for the fresh meat/natural spices/steel ingot etc. drops added around CoTF?

New mission type - Partisan. 24 hr missions and rewards include past expansion group currencies (exclude most recent 2 expansions)
    New mission type - Conqueror. 72 hr missions and rewards include past expansions raid currencies (exclude most recent 2 expansions)
    New mission type - Veteran 1 week missions and reward tokens that could but various anniversary items like Augs, clickies, etc. from a vendor in PoK giving people a way to work towards obtaining these items the other 10 months out of the year

Saving agent sets by mission would be cool. If you run a specific mission and always use the same agents being able to save that set for future runs of the mission would be nice to reduce clicking a bit.

Add more to the overseer currency vendor. If you don’t like the Partisan mission type add bags of old expansion currency starting in HoT since UF and prior currency bags are available on loyalty vendor.
    Velisaris_MS and Riou like this.
  20. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes, please. I went through all the stuff on that vendor the other day and couldn't find a single thing to spend currency on. They REALLY need to add things to the vendor...just no more ornaments.
    Coagagin, Yinla and Tatanka like this.