Adjust Miragul Spawn Timer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kevvy, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Kevvy New Member

Having a 35 hour spawn timer with a 6-16 hour variance is insane, especially on the current TLP's. At first nobody could get it because certain guilds (that I'm not allowed to name/shame on this forum) had him permacamped. And now there are swarms of boxed groups that appear out of thin air to kill him when he spawns. If this could be adjusted to a nice more relaxed timer of, hell, 6 hours? That would be far far better for this epic. It's currently the largest bottle neck of every single Paladin I've met. Ask any Paladin which part of the epic they're at, Miragul is their response. Way back when i was told Paladin Epic was one of the easiest ones, which is partly true until you run into the Miragul part, now its Enchanter level of impossible on these servers.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

Dude, the paladin epic is one of the easiest. You have 1 camp and it's available in picks.
    Sourire and Demetri like this.
  3. Kevvy New Member

There are 3 people in the cave right now camping this thing, and none of them are together, even at 1 at a time, thats nearly 5 days for 3 people.

Not to mention the swarms of boxed groups that seem to just magically appear out of thin air the moment it spawns. It's actually nearly impossible.
  4. Cainen Augur

A faster Miragul would be nice, but as others have said, he does spawn in picks. That's how most paladins I know got theirs.
    Xhartor likes this.
  5. Kevvy New Member

I've repeatedly heard that the answer to "Can Miragul spawn in a new pick" is always no and requires the pick to be up for quite awhile (5 hours), some kind of patch change in February.
  6. Demetri Augur

I'm not sure why so many people bother with the Pally Epic - it's decent at best for a few weeks on these servers. SoV will outclass it with almost everything day one (plus offer the easier Nature's Defender for High Elves) and SoL removes the excuse of "Hey, it's a 2H you can bash with!" because of AA.

I plan to do one to make the 1.5/2.0 easier (plus the ornamentation quest eventually) but I'm hardly in a rush since it would be tossed in the bank in scant few weeks - probably swing through in PoP or so when it's trivial and no one bothers with it.
  7. Cainen Augur

He CAN spawn in picks, but not on zone up, it does require the pick top be up for 5+ hours to have him enter window. That being said, if you can keep the pick open, he'll eventually spawn.
  8. Kevvy New Member

Thank you for this information. Perhaps ill just move on from this epic
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Because the paladin epic is a freaking flaming sword.
  10. bardybard Augur

If you want a crappy flaming sword then just stop at SoulFire
    Demetri likes this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Crappy paladin quest swords are part of the class deal:

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=5379

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=6356

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=5377

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=11681

I need to go do this quest just for the name alone:

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=27708

and like 30 other quest weapons which are usually outdated by the time you can do them. At least FD is good for awhile, probably worth using until Dawncaller.
  12. Demetri Augur

Nod, thus why I want to eventually get the 1.0 Ornament once they come out in PoR or whatever it is that they unlock - and need it done for that reason. But not rushing before the 1.5 to have a weapon that's just for FashionQuest in a few weeks.

Frankly, even now - since I'm typically tanking - I think I'd always prefer Jeldorin and shield TBH
  13. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Miragul spawn timer is pretty ridiculous. Wouldn't be so bad if you could pop him in a pick immediately but since you can't it's rough. It's no different than any other epic that has a bad bottleneck like this. People downplaying it because it's pally epic are pretty disingenuous. On short timeline servers there shouldn't be a single epic with spawn timers this long. If we were in kunark for a year sure no big deal. I already have my epic but I would love to see miragul changed for those who don't and for future TLPs. This change was not a good change.

14. Xanadas Augur

Agree, the paladin epic should be a 1h or shield. Useless 2h...
    Demetri likes this.
  15. Wtfagain Elder

this is one of the dumbest things that gets parroted over and over on these forums. Why bother doing anything on a TLP by that logic?

Sky weapons? why bother Kunark is coming out. Epic weapons? why bother Velious is coming out. Velious weapons? Why bother there are better in SoL. Not everyone plays the game for their tendies and internet now that their sister who they live with at age 35 stopped paying for the internet.

Some of us actually like to accomplish things and gave fun.
  16. Demetri Augur

Really? Doing time vs. reward assessments are "childish" in your mind? I'm guessing you're not out of your early 20s yet. That's around 90% of the decisions you make as an adult. (i.e. "Should I eat that? I'll have to spend 15 min in the gym to keep healthy if I do" - didn't have to start worrying about that until a scant few years ago, getting older sucks)

Plenty of items do have longevity - for example, in the epics - Bard, Cleric, Ranger, Wizard, Rogue and to a lesser degree Warrior, Enchanter, Druid and Shaman - all have some degree of longevity. That was not a carte blanche response for epics in general just specifically the knight epics. (although SK I still might consider worth the effort, since it's got no drama involved camps anymore that I can think of)

Heck, with the old 3/6 month timers for Kunark and Velious, I was still on the fence about the time vs. value ratio on the "one expac epics" - but when they're down to 4 months total? I value my time too much for that, perhaps you don't. Especially when there's all sorts of drama involved with some of the camps.

Cute implications though BTW, it's never ADULTS that value their time more than wasting it on lengthy camps, right?

And BTW, for all the rest, they're all done ON NORMAL SCHEDULABLE GAME TIME - at that point it's just valuing your Plat or DKP or Guild Clout (or whatever you'd call it for "loot council" determination - if there are any LC guilds anymore) depending on the loot system your guild uses - there's no time invested other than what you already committed to raiding hours. If these were guaranteed chunks of time no more than 6 hrs, I'd likely be singing a different tune.
  17. bardybard Augur

There were ZERO complains about Miragul prior to Mischief.
    Mischief loot pinata is just making everyone entitled.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Also zero complaints about Cazel, Kurron, etc until the fixed other parts of epics. It's just moving the goal posts, a 5 day respawn timer was obnoxious, yet people still completed their epics, now we're talking about 24-72 hour camps and they're too obnoxious. Eventually it will be 6h camps are too obnoxious.
    There is also the fact that by the time Kunark ends on Mischief is when Kunark would tradioanlly start (3mo classic, kunark vs 1mo, 2mo) so people have a heightened sense of FOMO since at this point most people would have pre camped their classic parts and Kunark wouldn't have even started yet.
  19. Demetri Augur

1 month less time in the expansion to get it done while it's most relevant - while addressing most other roadblocks.

It doesn't take much heavy math to see where the complaints are arising.

PS - I do remember complaints during early Phin regarding Miragul.
  20. bardybard Augur

Yea missing the 2 months of Classic to complete this is a valid concern.
    I just can't believe there are enough Paladins to even make this an issue, always been one of the least player classes on early TLPS. I guess prior to Mischief they all had quit in Classic.