[Request] Illusion: Gypsy (Female) & Illusion: Mermaid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The recent Heritage Crate illusions have been male models. Could we please see the female Gypsy model for the Wood Elf or High Elf Heritage Crate illusion? And, perhaps, a mermaid model for the Erudite Heritage Crate illusion (since they worship Prexus)? :)

[IMG]

[IMG]
    RPoo likes this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

The Gypsy illusion could be cool but the mermaid one would look really wrong out of the water.
    KarmaKitty and Yinla like this.
  3. Tucoh Augur

I'd support the mermaid one if they flopped on the ground at 20% movement speed
    Nennius, Vumad, Flatchy and 3 others like this.
  4. Nennius Curmudgeon

Like an anorexic Jabba the Hutt?
    Benito and Tucoh like this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Mermaid will fall through zone geometry and into another dimension.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Mermaid should only work in water.

Gypsy should be elf not human if your want it I those crates.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

It would be interesting if that could be coded. The switch to bathing suits when you enter the water would be fascinating. If that were to happen I hope that ogre and troll illusions would be full coverups and halfling suits would have heavy weights attached to speed the process.
    Flatchy likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am not sure if there is an elven gypsy except for merchant models.

The humanoid gypsy is connected to Faydwer (High Elf or Wood Elf Crate) through Castle Mistmoore.

I do not want a duplicate Crushbone Orc illusion since we already have Deathfist Orc. Mother of the Ayr'Dal covers elves. Gilded Gnomework encompasses gnomeworks.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Pretty sure we already have a mermaid illusion. Includes clothing that was not there when the expansion launched.
    (might be a merc, I'm not positive)
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The closest illusions we have are Siren Enticer (Visage of the Siren Enticer, nude) and Siren Sorceress (Polymorph Wand: Siren Sorceress, clothed).

There may have been a Monster Mission that used a mermaid template.

In terms of feasibility, we have a handful of floating illusions (Dragon, Butterfly, Kedge, Girplan, Telmira). It depends on if the old mermaid model will cooperate, and I suspect if Ngreth agrees and Tobey (animation dev) gives his stamp of approval.

Mermaid would be an elegant illusion for the Erudite Heritage Crate. Kobolds and Kerrans exist as 4 illusions.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd forgotten about Mistmoore, when I think of Gypsies I think of NK and Rathe Mountains. Mistmoore also has the female vamps. There isn't that many female models around, EQ always favourted the male. Also have the Pixies and Fairys in G & L Fay. Faydrakes aren't found anywhere else from what I remember. Could also have the old Treant as an illusion or familiar.
    Benito likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Old school pixies and fairies would be fun illusions. Brownies as well.

Gypsy could work if the item is called 'Tiara of the Gypsy Princess' and 'Spell: Illusion: Gypsy of Mistmoore' to make the Faydwer connection clear.
  13. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

A mermaid illusion would be perfect for the Erudite Heritage Crate. The gypsy is a classic NPC and would look neat on any melee class.
  14. Szilent Augur

Lt. Dan, you ain't got no legs!
    Coagagin, Benito and Stymie like this.
  15. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Skrab likes this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

True. 2021 is not 1999 (or even 2019). It's a good discussion to have.

This is an interesting counterpoint:

Is “Gypsy” an Offensive Slur? (linkedin.com)

Aquaman actor Jason Momoa uses 'Pride of Gypsies' for his company and Instagram handle. In North America, it's more likely used in benign context (nomadic lifestyle).

Ultimately, the item and spell could be called 'Tiara of Mynthi Davissi' and 'Spell: Illusion: Mynthi Davissi', respectively, after the famed Castle Mistmoore musician.
    Vumad and Szilent like this.
  17. KarmaKitty Augur

Would be nice to update the graphics on those. Gypsy looks a little too old school.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The old models bring nostalgia and seem to be good sellers.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats the point.
  20. Hegsheoshed Augur

Gypsies are from Antonica. They are the werewolves. That is why they sent the Gypsy Ambassador and her troupe to Castle Mistmoore. Korvik the Cursed is a gypsy, the werewolf bandit is infected by a gypsy or is a gypsy, gypsy camps all over Antonica. Werewolves all over Antonica. Gypsies are not from Faydwer.
    KarmaKitty likes this.