Fixed Internally Changing Characters/Servers - Someone logged into your account error

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Troutfest, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I frequently get this when I mistakenly log onto the wrong server and go back to server select without logging in a char.

Playing on more than one server has now become a bit of a pain.
    Jhinx, Celephane and Elyssanda like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

No fix as such as it seems to have been an intentional change.

I posted about it in this feedback post and got some helpful responses from other players - https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...r-player-has-logged-into-this-account.275692/

Basically the TL;DR version is that while you have a character online in the game world & you decide to change to a different one -

/Camp = swap to another character on the same server

/Camp Server = swap to a different character on a different server

/Camp Desk = done swapping
    Elyssanda and Jhinx like this.
  3. Troutfest Augur

I made a social for /camp server for when I am changing characters to other machines. This avoids this happening. I haven't had it happen if just swapping characters on same account on same machine, /camp works for that just fine.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

5. Cidran Augur

My Runescape account was stolen last month. Today, when I saw this box popping up, I was like: not again!

Now I'm happy to see it's a common bug.
  6. Celephane Augur

No, this is a bug, it belongs here, track this current thread...get others to like the OP post
    Jhinx, Metanis and Yinla like this.
  7. Metanis Bad Company

Darkpaw / Daybreak is obviously hacking the login server code in order to move us toward the EG7 launcher. Things will probably get worse before it gets better.
  8. Boxen New Member

I am still getting all the lockouts and error messages that the people who change servers are getting, but I only play on one server. My main characters get kicked off and I can't log them back in, but I can log in other characters on the same account. Doesn't matter how I /camp with the second characters; my main characters are still locked out. The lockouts can last up to 24 hours. Sometimes I can play for two or three hours without an issue, but most of the time I get one or more of my three accounts kicked off after ten minutes or less of play. I have done everything I have seen posted in forums here and followed the suggestions from DB.
  9. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

We have a "Confirmed" tag now friends.

Thanks Devs.

What happens now?
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We wait for them to find the bug and fix it. Hopefully next patch. :)
    Metanis and Skuz like this.
  11. Metanis Bad Company

This is still very irritating. Over 50% of the time when you just /camp you end up at the server select screen NOT the character select. I always want to load in my bazaar mules when I camp my characters. This has become an exercise in frustration these last few weeks.

So when you end up back at the server select window and you click on your server again you get the message about having a character still in-game and do you want to kick them. I've clicked NO and waited over 10 minutes but it still reports the same thing about a character in-game.

So finally you give up and choose YES to kick that character and now you end up with the message about having another player logged into the account!

Then when you re-enter your password you get the message about your login not being validated!

So then you're forced to enter your password yet again. (This is a PITA if you use a long difficult password like I do!)

I don't know what they trying to do with session management but they need to rethink it.
    Arcolin, Wulfhere, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Maybe serverside could, I don't know, maybe actually log the character out when we camp? I bet a Krono that would fix the issue. How is there less server traffic by abandoning a character in world until the LinkDeath caches up after (10?) minutes better than serverside cleaning up. session connections properly, yet causing so many people to repeatedly have to log in when they already ARE logged in. it seems silly to Monty Python levels.

Once upon a time, a /camp and wait DID remove the character and a /quit didn't. With /q you could flip to an alt and buff your character while it was still lingering, waiting for the LD check to boot it.

Somewhre along the way, some change was made where all characters we're just LDd even on a full /camp. Probably to reduce request lag in PoK etc in peak hours or something like TLP Queue handling.

It's a broken way of dealing with such a common event.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is still happening as of 5 minutes ago.

Logged in to AB got to char select realised I wasn't on the server I wanted to be on, logged back to server select you have a char logged in. Your account is being used by someone else. :rolleyes: Get sent to very very old log in screen.
    Metanis likes this.
  14. Boxen New Member

After a month of this continuous problem across four accounts, and trying all the advice from EQ and the numerous posts about the launchpad/disconnection/Error codes issues, I found a solution that works for me so far. Click "Switch Account" once the launcher opens and delete (X) all your previous accounts and then click "Log in under a new account" and enter your Username and Password. Do this every time to log in. I haven't been disconnected in two days. Hope it works for everyone else...
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

That's a fix for a completely different problem.
    Glad your disconnecting was fixed though.
  16. Ratalthor Developer

This should be fixed in the next update!
    Arcolin, Thunderkiks, Yinla and 6 others like this.
  17. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I get this too. Appreciate the fix.

Thanks, Jhinx, for putting this up.
  18. Diani Augur

Was this fixed last update?

I still have this happening to me.
    Camp in game drops me to server select. Going to server pops-up the still have a toon online window. Choosing to remove toon to log in pops-up window with someone else logged into account. With advise to change credentials and booted to log in
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  19. Thunderkiks Augur

Same
  20. niente Developer

For those of you still encountering this bug -
    • Does this bug occur when you quit from character select?
    • Does it occur when you /camp server?
    • Does it occur where you /camp, but get booted to server select for an unknown reason?
    Thanks for any additional info.
    Proponent and Strumph like this.