Test Update 07/13/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The first option that was listed was making the item no drop which would be a nerf on every server.
  2. Strumph Augur

/sigh... another month of no lag "fixes" or filter "improvements" :(
  3. Razorfall Augur

I'm guessing that change to ritual scarification is to prevent zerkers from using abilities that require you to be below 90% without being hit or using other abilities that cause you to damage yourself.

If so.....boooooooo
  4. Bigstomp Augur

I believe most assumed that it was intended that melee could not hit them. It seems like an obvious intentional decision when we realized half the raid could not hit them.

If it was not intentional I assume some testing would have discovered the issue.
    Moege likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Prior to this change it was useless for triggering abilities that require the Berserkers HP to be below 90% as their hp was too high for it to do that.
    So after the patch the ability will work even for top-end CoV-geared zerkers.

The riposte changes are just to correct the ability giving zerkers less riposte chance at rank II than they got at rank I.
  6. Conq Augur

And yet, over half the patch notes address Overseer. I don't know the % splits of workload actually used to complete this patch. But the fact that so many other GLARING issues abound, and DB chooses to improve Overseer above all of them other than zerker hps? Not cool.
    Conq
    Elyssanda likes this.
  7. kizant Augur

Just because the person who worked the Overseer updates decided to elaborate a lot about the changes doesn't mean that a lot of time was spent. You really can't judge their work priorities based on the length of the patch notes.
    Ssdar, Skuz and klanderso like this.
  8. Metanis Bad Company

The only justification for any Overseer work is if they're using it to train their entry-level programming devs.
  9. Lianeb Augur

It probably brings scarification in line closer with 89% HP
    Scarification is a 89% or XXXXX number of hp lock, for the lowest value. If you have alot of hp the XXXXX hp lock would be the lowest value and would then lock you at that value which could be 80% verse the 89%. By increasing the HP value cap it will bring it closer to 89% for those with alot of HP.
  10. kizant Augur

That's nonsense. If it were me and I saw bugs I could quickly fix in part of the application I liked I'd just fix them between bigger tasks. Probably during some boring meeting. If people want to get mad at me for doing extra that's their problem.
    Nennius, Elyssanda, Ssdar and 2 others like this.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I miss the frog who used to fix minor stuff in his lunchbreak. Can't remember his name though. :(
  12. Demetri Augur

SKlug, no?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Riou EQResource

Don't be upset when next month also has Overseer stuff in its patch notes :p (because that overall work isn't done in time for July's Patch)
  14. Elabone Augur

Curious, does this mean FULL keys (like the unrest keys) or individual key pieces (VP / Seb etc).

15. Axxius Augur

Rtugok (Ben Burnett) :)

He fixed a lot of stuff in his 'free' time. And created the /useitem command! :cool:
    Nennius, Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thats the guy I was thinking of. :)
  17. Bigstomp Augur

/useitem is $$
  18. Bigstomp Augur

They're fixing stuff.
    It would be nice if they fixed things so warriors would be #1 dps and clerics #2, but I'll take the small victory of the other fixes.
    Metanis likes this.
  19. Razorfall Augur

Yeah I went and took a look at one of the other threads looking for more info and it makes sense. I know a lot of zerkers use bloodfury for this because it doesn't have stacking issues with the shammy stuff, but I like the longer duration on scarification because I can just toss it in my assist key. My zerker doesn't do raid content so I'm ok with that.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yeah. That is because the "procs" all have a spell range that is far enough to "reach" AND use DD spell targeting instead of "hit the thing" targeting like bolts and the weapon itself.