AoCs on Live? Pretty pretty please with a high 4 offered to sweeten the pot

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Jhinx, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Is this possible? If not, why not? If so, is it to come?

We were wanting to set up a guild that levels through content in era (or as close as we could approximate it) on FV, but it makes it sort of impossible when Bob the Super AFK 115 Bot Mage sits on the spawn point to pounce when the mob pops only for profit. TLP is an option, but only if you want to see the game to PoP and then find out what it's like to dodge tumbleweeds in PoK.

Would be fun to go retro at times with friends, pop an instance and check out zones that they never saw in era.

I was hoping when Selos caught up to Live (think it was Selos) I was hoping that would bring AoCs to live, but that does not appear to be the case and that make me sad in my feelings place.
  2. Ravanta Suffer Augur

The server you want is test.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Well, you mentioned FV and TLPs. There are other options.

Pick a live server which isn't one of the known busy servers. That should probably work for your purposes.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Even on Povar which is a lower Population than a lot of servers, old world raid mobs are still pretty much perma-camped. I would love to see AoC's come to live, I figured they would have done that already by now.
  5. dank Journeyman

I, also, would love to see this happen.
    Ozon, Skuz, Jhinx and 1 other person like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

POP flagging is a nightmare on AB some of the raids are always down, old world dragons are also always down, not sure about Plane of Fear these days.

I'm surprised they haven't been added to live servers already especially when they added requirements for PoP raids to be needed for Artisan prize.
    Ozon, Coagagin, Stymie and 3 others like this.
  7. Elskidor Augur

This is years overdo.
    Ozon, Coagagin, Stymie and 2 others like this.
  8. Dre. Altoholic

This. Get it done already.
    Elyssanda, Ozon, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Would be a plus on Bristlebane. PoP flagging is a huge chore for the Artisan's Prize.
    Ozon, Dre., Coagagin and 3 others like this.
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

From a non-programming/dev perspective, I can't think of a good reason not to do this.

From a coding perspective, obviously, they already have the code.

Makes the whole thing a bit confusing. Just do it already.
    Ozon, Skuz and Jhinx like this.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

There is already issues with lag on all servers and adding the ability to open more instances will just add to the lag. The question remains how much an impact it will have on lag when it launches and if the use of them dies down from what it is at launch.
  12. Knifen Augur

No AoC, and no more instances. Make it open world raids with guilds racing to get it. Like PoP and prior.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And watch players quit because they no longer have access to the raids.
    Xanathol, Ozon, Skuz and 4 others like this.
  14. Raccoo Augur

Every expansion they add more instances, usually with 6 hour lockouts. How does opening raids with 4.5 day lockouts matter really?

Most of these raids would be a one-and-done for characters to get whatever achievements they need (like PoP flags). I could only really see people farming VT, but even that would slow down eventually.
    Xanathol likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Is it really needed to instance these old raids so people can access them? You also need to remember that technology has changed and the impact of instancing the old zones is not the same as instancing the new ones.
  16. Raccoo Augur

I asked one of the raiders from Selos (who went through all the expansions), and he said they didn't notice much lag until TBL, and it got worse in ToV. Wouldn't that indicate it is a newer tech problem instead of older?
    Xanathol, Skuz, Bobbybick and 2 others like this.
  17. FranktheBank Augur

I think you overestimate the impact. Early TLPs have a much larger population than most/any Live server and people are CONSTANTLY popping AoC DZs.
    Szilent and Skuz like this.
  18. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

We have a test subject in Selos rocking AoCs right up til they were merged into Live. Don't remember their issues with lag being much more than any other server.
    Bardy McFly likes this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

He's confusing AoC DZs with pick zones. The DZs take much less server memory because there are (sometimes) fewer mobs, the mobs don't respawn, in some cases the DZ is smaller than the base zone, etc.
    Bardy McFly and Skuz like this.
  20. DeadRagarr Augur

Really isn't a reason not too.

If it makes the game fun for more people then answer should be - Yes. If it had severe lag on servers, then I would assume servers with AoC would be experiencing the most lag, but that isn't the case from what I see.
    Ozon, Skuz and Jhinx like this.