IS Thornblade populated enough for low levels?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Nirrtix, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Nirrtix Journeyman

I am starting out on TLP and Aradune seemed way underpopulated. Mischief seemed way overpopulated, plus my normal in game names were taken. Thornblade seems less populated, but is it populated enough I will be able to find groups in most classic dungeons as a Necromancer?
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

NoIDontThinkSo
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

To answer the exact question you are asking... no. You are not likely to find a group in "most" classic dungeons. Most of them are not really destinations for pickup grouping. However you can find groups in the popular classic dungeons like Unrest, Lower Guk, Sol B, and the Hole. Once you're 40+ you can also definitely find groups in popular Kunark dungeons like Karnor's, Sebilis, and Chardok.
  4. Aegir Augur

It's fine for now, even in odd hours.

But don't count on cruising with a LFG tag on this server for any longer than Luclin.
  5. Nirrtix Journeyman

What do you mean do not count on cruising LFG any longer than luclin? That is kinda my point since I Am kinda new to the server, would I better off swapping to Mischief?
  6. Aegir Augur

I mean, you can get groups by turning on LFG. But your chances of getting a pick up group at the end of Luclin will be harder. At that time, However, I will assume you have joined a guild and groups will form there instead.
  7. Nirrtix Journeyman

yes I will have a guild by then also, I have read rumor's when the server pop drops they are gonna merge mischief and thronblade.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

This is true but they have stated they typically only do server merges during the summer (for some reason) so the earliest you'd be looking at Thorn/Mischief merge is around Omens of War era unless they change their mind.
  9. Elskidor Augur

They need to go ahead and merge now. It served its purpose. Keeping them separated won't have any positive effects, but might lead to some negative ones
  10. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

On Thornblade and there are people around. Kunark was kinda empty 20plus. Unrest was packed last night we had a 2nd pick. There always people looking to fill spots in seb and chardok in general.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

During primetime you can find groups in the popular places, not as much in classic anymore. As was said, Unrest is probably the most popular, but I still see people in Mismoore from time to time, and even Befallen. I've been invited to PUGs when I wasn't even LFG in these places.

Mischief is probably more lively, but Thornblade is doing fine so far.
  12. Cainen Augur

I believe paid transfers are also open for Thornblade > Mischief, so you're not necessarily locked in forever. If you start leveling and RAELLY dont want to leave your chracter behind a quick character transfer token will solve that problem.
  13. Rapala Journeyman

They are not open, should be though, thornblade is not a place you want to be trying to level unless you have a box, or a static group. Even taking the initiative and looking for people to group with will be very difficult through lvls 1-40. If you just want to sit /lfg and wait for invites, you're gonna have a real bad time.
  14. Cainen Augur

They are available, but not free. You can purchase a "Server Transfer Token" on Thornblade and type /servertransfer. The available servers are Mischief and FV. So you 100% should be able to transfer off Thornblade if you desire.
  15. Machen New Member

If history is any guide, the answer is a resounding yes.
  16. Abundant Elder

Interesting, thanks I wasn't aware. On Mischief, but I'm sure this is helpful news for many. :)