Please do something about Cazel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kaizaki, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Kaizaki New Member

Yeah, I'm not about to do that. The fact that enchanters aren't complaining about verina, drozlin, and tangrin...BUT are complaining about this shows that it's more than a mere "conspiracy"

We may have the other three stolen from us, sure, it happens. To never see cazel once?? camping off and on for over a week? The fact that even if the sellers were taking all of the spoons....why don't we see them in /auc? They aren't even getting him. They may go to his camp and scare the casuals away, but he isn't spawning for them either
    Demetri likes this.
  2. bardybard Augur

Because as evidenced by this thread not hing is ever enough for the entitled crown. Look no further than the guy asking to do away with quests and have epics drop off bosses.
  3. Kaizaki New Member

Lol you are coming off as just desperate, looking to argue a false point for no reason. I'm not sure why you felt the need to die on this hill, but move on please. Your responses aren't even constructive, just misplaced attacks.
  4. Lejaun Augur

I have a suspicion (only a guess, no facts to back it up) that early on in Mischief, giant spawns were toned down in the Ro's. There were so many sand giants running around on the first couple of days that they were becoming a big problem for anyone in the zones. To fix that, the rate at which they spawn was decrease and never fixed, even after max level characters took over as the majority. If that is true, and if Cazel spawns are based off of being a possible sand giant spawn, it could make him more rare than should be.

I'm probably 100% wrong, and the fewer sand giants seen are just a result of less people xp'ing in the Ro's and more high levels killing them when they do spawn. But if not, may be something to look at.
  5. bardybard Augur

Huh? What? Not even sure what that's all about.

Good luck with your crusade my guy.
  6. Lineater Augur

No, it doesn't show it's more than a conspiracy. If Verina and Drozlin's quest drops were tradable, they'd probably be more heavily contested. They also have a much smaller variance built into their respawn timer (spelled out by the devs in patch notes recently) which means their respawn times are easier to predict. So there's nothing really there to complain about, especially since their respawn times were just massively reduced.

Sounds perfectly reasonable for a mob with a huge variance on its respawn window (2-23 hours per Zam). If that information is correct, you could camp Cazel "off and on" for a month and not see him. Especially if he's hotly contested and being killed quickly.

Camping a mob with a huge respawn window "off and on" is a bad strategy, by the way. You're just hoping you get lucky.

Maybe because a majority of the the people hunting him are working on the epic? I just checked TLP auctions and see three different names selling the Spoon yesterday. Applying your logic, does that mean Cazel spawned three times in approximately 20 hours yesterday?
  7. Lineater Augur

I've rolled a char day 1 on three TLP servers now, and every time I think, "I don't remember this many giants in Commons/Ro."

Obviously it's because lots of people are killing giant PH's and nobody can kill the giants.
  8. Kaizaki New Member

Ok to your first point, then make the spoon no trade as well, it'll help a bit.

To your second point, so as a father who works a full time job, I should take a couple days off of work to get a item?

Third point, no three did not drop. Normal human beings don't want to pay their exorbitant poop sock prices.
  9. Demetri Augur

I guess you've not played EQ very deep into expansions, because there absolutely are looting restrictions that exist even before the *MOBNAME loot-locking deal. They're not super common, but they absolutely exist.
  10. Demetri Augur

I've charted the spawns for over 19 spawns so far from a series of contacts with civil folks (the grand majority - 100% til the other day) and only TWO of that list have been below 10 hrs.

12 have been between 21-23 hrs. The other 5 in the 11-20 spread.

It's a very uneven distribution - now I would expect SOME reporting errors (from people FAAK'ing or AFK'ing a couple at exactly the wrong moment, etc) - but as statistics goes, while the sample size isn't ideal, that's got a significant p-value.
  11. Jhinx Whimsical Chinchilla

Cazel*

Seems reasonable to me.

Make it so.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think you need to reread my post again. This item is tradable on every server so the fact that this is a free trade server has nothing to do with it being tradeable. I would hope you can understand that those botters are free to do the same on every server as they can loot it and sell it everywhere.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

He's not triggered. He's an open world mob who drops a spoon. Loot locked * doesn't apply.
  14. Lineater Augur

I'm not sure what your point is. This info aligns with what is posted on Zam. Zam could also be off. Is your point that this is different than previous servers? Have you studied Cazel spawn cycles on other servers?

I tracked Drozlin cycles for about month on Aradune. Out of 18 spawns, one cycle went less than 36 hours. Proving that it was rare, but possible, for Drozlin to pop before the 36 hour mark (before the change).

So when you say that only TWO Cazel spawns went less than 10 hours, that sounds like normal EQ variance. "Early" spawns are rare but possible.
  15. raff New Member

I've done the enchanter epic 3 times now over the years, and I distinctly never remember Cazel being a major bottleneck in the past. Completely anecdotal, but I remember having an extra spoon on mangler, and I couldn't sell the thing for 3k during the first week of Kunark, I had to drop my price lol.

My hypothesis is one of 4 things (or a combination):
    A- Sand giants, or something has changed fundamentally with the spawn/timer.
    B- Mega boxers have locked down the spawn for themselves, to either sell, or to support their own box armies. You only need 1 chanter epic when mega boxing, but you need 12+ enchanters under the new AE rules.....Maybe a couple mega boxers decided to do an epic for multiple enchanters? A subset of this theory is that they are selling the accounts, and it is way easier to market a 60 enchanter w/ epic than without.
    C- We have more enchanters than statistically normal at this time?
    D- Epic pieces have become the new defacto way to make Krono, maybe powersellers are dominating the camp?? Although this one is pretty easily rebuked, as we'd see way more spoons for sale.

Whatever the case, there are definitely fewer spoons floating around on both mischief and thornblade. At least on TB you can buy a spoon for around 3-5kr.
  16. Lineater Augur

You left out a major one which ties into C.

C.2- It's A LOT easier to complete the enchanter epic now - due to multiple decreased spawn timers, the wraith's head getting randomized and dropping off trash, and the ground spawn timers getting drastically reduced. Therefore there are likely many more enchanters going for their epic in era, which means many more enchanters caring about Cazel.

Spoon was the same on Aradune. Think I tried to sell an extra one for 500 plat once and got no tells. Lots of spoons have rotted in guild banks over the years because a good amount of enchanters didn't even bother with what used to be an unconscionable time sink.
    Demetri likes this.
  17. Demetri Augur

VERY few EQ spawns are weighted towards the back end of the scale - very few are not a bell curve. And note, ZAM's claim of 2 hrs being possible has yet to be realized in a spawn that I've heard of, shortest reported was 5.5 hrs.

Also note that he appears to not spawn in picks either - or the ZAM timer is too short - at least one pick was camped for a full 23 hrs and 20 min before the pick collapsed without him ever showing.

And there's saying it's "possible" versus saying it's statistically unlikely - I'm not saying it's impossible - but it's statistically remote that it could occur. This is typically how errors of this sort are found when they are. Statistics p-values are a thing for a reason.

And with it being a right heavy plot assuming no error in reporting, it demonstrates it's preferring long-outliers.
  18. Rentic420 New Member

If its true that Andad is being charmed then a Dev changed it so he could be atk'd / charmed again. It's pretty sad to see things like that snuck in by people who work for the company so that enchanters that know about it can just solo Cazel with enc/clr duo
  19. Atomos Augur

Yeah Cazel has never been a bottleneck. It's always one of those things someone announces is up and you go and kill it, typically don't even camp it.

In fact I did quite a bit of farming in that area on Mischief during Classic. There's definitely some strange things going on with Cazel. There was a whole day where he would just walk near the west wall in the southern section and never path north. A couple days later he was actually starting to path north, though I don't recall ever seeing him path back down south. Everytime I would see him up I would join the Enchanter channel and announce it, but no one would ever kill him. That was before Kunark.
  20. Rentic420 New Member

He has some insane regen but back in the day he could be duo'd with 2 lev 60 necros