Please do something about Cazel

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kaizaki, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Kaizaki New Member

It's crazy to me that cazel has proven to be more difficult to kill than Verona, vessel, and tangrin COMBINED.

Perhaps it's the proximity to EC tunnel or the fact that the spoon is tradable, or the fact that he spawns seemingly MUCH LESS often than other servers. He is camped 24/7 rarely by actual enchanters. Mage boxes show up and threaten to steal it. Or another enchanter showing up and snipe charming andad when he breaks.

This camp has become a toxic nightmare for anyone involved who isn't in league with the big botters, krono sellers, or faceless.

Please can we get SOMETHING....ANYTHING to alleviate this? Make it no trade? Adjust his timer? Give him an actual PH? code him as a rare?

ANYTHING.
  2. Igarashi New Member

I had put in a ticket about this. Over the last week and a half, I've spent over 70 hours (off and on) camping him.

Haven't seen him once. Not even a corpse.

But I've had andad stolen, and I've had box parties come to the camp and basically told me to get lost because they were taking it.

I play an a enchanter and a cleric. Idk how they expect us to compete with the people who "legitimately" box 8 characters.
    Demetri likes this.
  3. Bullsnooze Augur

You're paying on a server that is basically pay to loot.
  4. Lineater Augur

Weird. Spoon has always been tradeable, and nobody gave a crap about Cazel on Aradune.

I guess the fact that the enchanter epic is so, SO much easier now has shot up demand for the spoon and turned Cazel into a legit bottleneck.
  5. Celestian Elder

Ug, haven't even tried to get Cazel yet. I've not been able to see Vessel or Tome up at all yet. Glad I decided to just give up. It's just not worth the hassle to have it for a couple months at this point.
    Demetri likes this.
  6. Demetri Augur

Yep after some drama over it yesterday (there was an ENC supposedly "camping it" before us - even though they refused to answer tells and was so inattentive that they got AFK-kicked at least twice during our time there) - I've redoubled encouraging the wife to not bother until Velious or later (to make 2.0 easier eventually). Since it's literally a situational click only after Luclin hits due to Speed of Shissar.

(Similar to myself with the box epics and my pally epic - only one I care about "soon" is the bard box - and even then, we've got plenty of mains to take care of first, since Trak is the main bottleneck)
  7. Xerzist Augur

100% AGREED. The spoon should not be capable of being looted by non enchanters if you are going to put it on a 5 - 21 hour timer on a progression server full of people with box armies looking to make kronos for profit.

Solution: Change it to spawn every 10 hours, only lootable by enchanters. Clerics went through a similar ordeal with the bergurgle crown and I actually felt bad for them, until I had to deal with cazel's silly little spoon and poopsock fiesta.
  8. Kaizaki New Member

It isn't even that, I've been asking every enchanter I see with the epic AND other campers. I have seen no reports of him spawning any sooner than 23 hours.

Meanwhile, I camped him on mangler yesterday to test it...obviously he was there when I arrived due to noone camping him, he spawned twice in the 7 hours I spent leveling my cleric on mischief on my other PC.

The longest shift I pulled at the -cazel camp was 17 hours. Passed out at my keyboard.
  9. Xerzist Augur

You sound just like one of the idiots justifying selling it for 5 kronos. UwU, tell me more.
    Stymie and Demetri like this.
  10. Kaizaki New Member

How edgy you are, I'm sure that attitude really gets you places. They recently changed kurron ni, meaning that things don't work like they used to.

We are all adults now, when the game came out, we could physically and mentally afford to camp a mob for 30+ hours and not bat an eye. Nobody has the time for that lifestyle anymore. We have kids, lives, and jobs now. Why would it bother you whether or not they change it? Unless you are part of the problem mentioned in the original post? Kurron ni got changed because his spawn reflected a different time, enchanters already have 4ish 10 HOUR+ spawns.
    Xerzist and Demetri like this.
  11. Demetri Augur

Shame your account didn't predate Phinigel for a history lesson, I bet you were a naysayer about AoC's being a good idea...
  12. Igarashi New Member

Bards legit have the dragon in skyfire and trak. Even trak guts were dropping from multiple sources. Broken golem spawning more often, monk mobs spawning more often, kurron ni fixed. Even the cleric crown can be BOUGHT because he spawns often enough.

Enchanters have vessel drozlin, who is killed within 5 minutes of spawning, so you better have friends ready to drop everything to show up immediately. Oh cool, you got vessel, now let's go to Verina tomb, a 14 hour spawn that also dies within 5 minutes of spawning that requires several people to drop everything they are doing and come help. You got verina as well?! awesome, now go camp tangrin, who is on a 20ish hour I believe timer, that requires a group to kill, also dead within 5 minutes of spawning.

You've done it! You've fought through all of the grief, the DPS races, and someone cursing you out in neriak for taking "his verina kill"?

Now go to south ro...2 minutes away from where a majority of the server hangs out...where an item that is tradable, highly sought after, and spawns once a day is. Now you better have several friends willing so sit there with you for up to 24 hours, because you'll have to compete with people "legally" boxing 5 mages, who randomly teleport to the location instantly, and want to take it. It's an item they can sell for alot of krono, and I don't blame them.

But they gotta throw us a bone on this one. It's out of hand.
    Celestian and Demetri like this.
  13. bardybard Augur

There is a difference between changing spawn times and restricting loot to certain classes.
    One is reasonable the other one is not how EQ works. You figure out which one.
  14. bardybard Augur

They *just* changed enchanter epic to make it much easier to complete. If only anyone could have predicted that the entitled crowd wouldn't be satisfied until everything is handed to them on a silver spoon.
  15. bardybard Augur

WTS Spoon 10kr... U mad bro?
    DillyBar and Lineater like this.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As others have pointed out the spoon is tradeable on every server so any issues you have here doesn't have anything to do with the free trade aspect of the server.
    Demetri likes this.
  17. Kaizaki New Member

And I figured you would say that. I'm not willing to even discuss wraith of the shissar. Her original spawn timer was preposterously long. I'm not even willing to discuss spawn timers like that. Her original timer making it to live servers was an abomination. Her spawn was changed as well to be manageable. Just like the others, except her item isn't near the main gathering point, and is also no trade. I wouldn't care if it didn't randomly drop and I had to farm her as well.

Answer me one thing though, why does it bother you if the hardest epic in the game to obtain is made slightly easier for normal people to get? Keep in mind that even IF they nerfed his spawn timer, the chanter epic would still be the hardest BY FAR.
  18. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Well you did come to the forums and blame a problem on the server being free trade even though the item in question is tradeable on every server.
  19. Kaizaki New Member

Ok, first off, I don't care about it being tradable. Sure, making it no trade would solve a minuscule percent of the issue. So I don't really need to hear you preach the sanctity of a free trade server, where botters and cheaters run rampant reaping the rewards of "free trade"

I have camped him on mischief and live servers and he definitely spawns more often on live. So either his timer is bugged, or this is a result of "making some things slightly easier" causing a chain reaction that resulted in cazel being almost as bad as the other spawns pre-nerf
  20. Lineater Augur

You're gonna need more evidence than "I asked some other enchanters with their epic and other campers" to prove your theory that Cazel's respawn timer is bugged or longer on Mischief.

You talked to some epic enchanters and campers...ok. You really think they all meticulously tracked Cazel's spawn time from death to respawn?

They all gave you the same answer? "Oh yeah I watched him die and then camped him vigilantly, staying logged in and checking my logs to be absolutely certain I didn't miss a spawn, and it took 23 hours for him to spawn."

That's a dubious claim. For starters, if I learned anything doing the enchanter epic the hard way on Aradune, it's not to trust anyone else's information.

If you want to track Cazel kill times over, say, a week for a decent sample size, and then present your evidence, I'll be more open to believing your Cazel respawn conspiracy.